Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. DzigiBau

DzigiBau Member

Recently, with the newest firmware 6.4.62 on my Zidoo Z1000 Pro, I have an issue in Posterwall (v4.2.50), since it does not show IMDB rating for new added movies all the time. Some times IMDB rating is there automatically, sometimes it is not. If I use Posterwall Settings/Preferences and select in Display Rating drop down menu IMDB, it scans for a while and I have IMDB ratings for all movies. Previously it was fully automatic, now it is semi-automatic. :)

For TV shows, there are no IMDB rating at all. If I use the same method for Display Rating/IMDB, it scans, but nothing happens, there are no ratings at all.

I prefer IMDB ratings as more accurate to my taste.

Could you give me a hand and tell my if I am doing something wrong or how to solve this small issue.

2. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Nobody seems to have an answer for this, but HT4 isn't scanning for some reason. I'll remove a movie from my PC, but it still shows in HT4. I have the setting turned on and I even tried a factory reset. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
  3. burton

burton Member

Hi
    Which is the latest original version and from where can i download it?
    Thank you

4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Go to setting of HT4 and rescan the unit manually.

5. LenniePaz

LenniePaz Member

Yes, I know I can do that. I want it to scan automatically though.

6. burton

burton Member

Cannot see at all the imdb ratings, i am on 4.0.25.Any help?
    thank you

7. burton

burton Member

Could you please repost the video?

8. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Legend of a man.

fsim2000, Oldpainless and blenky like this.
  9. Yoyo Joker

Yoyo Joker New Member

10. Yoyo Joker

Yoyo Joker New Member

check out my icons and wallpaper

11. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

some people have actually requested this, to show the entire library even if something has been moved out to archives of storage somewhere. ;)

12. DaveH1

DaveH1 Member

Hi all,
    I'm just updating my library ahead of updating to HT5.0 on my Z1000 Pro and prior to the arrival of my UHD8000.
    Can someone explain for me how the binder v folder icon differs for movie collections in HT4.0:
    upload_2024-7-26_22-13-15.png

So here I've ripped Shrek 1-4 and HT4.2.67 has created a collection called 'The Shrek Collection'. When I've gone into Shrek 2 to add it to the other three movies (it didn't get incorporated automatically for some reason), I'm given two choices:
    1. A binder icon with 'Shrek Collection' and
    2. A folder icon with 'The Shrek Collection'

So I add it to 'The Shrek Collection' and everything is now together.

So I'm just wondering, what is the binder-type collection and how does it function or behave compared with the folder-type collection? As you can see, I've got a mixture of both types but it wasn't something I ever consciously picked.

Thanks, Dave

13. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I've no idea - I've never seen different icons in the collection list like that before :)

Looking at HT5, all the icons are the binder type.

The green text is where HT has found a word in the movie title that matches a word in an existing collection, but it doesn't automatically recognise it as the correct collection.

The top one "Shrek Collection" has identified the correct collection (that's why it's orange).

No idea why it wouldn't have done this in the first place - I just added 3 dummy movies - Shrek, Shrek 2 and Shrek the Third to HT (admittedly, HT5) and it put all three into "Shrek Collection" itself.

But yeah - don't know what that folder icon is about...

14. DaveH1

DaveH1 Member

Thanks Mark,
    Maybe it's an echo of using Emby media manager up until about 12 months' ago? Would Emby have created 'The Shrek Collection' and then the Zidoo has its' own 'Shrek Collection'.
    Anyway I didn't know that orange meant it was the correct one, so that's good to know going forward.
    Cheers, Dave.

15. DaveH1

DaveH1 Member

Hey Mark,
    Interestingly, my collections that are held with a binder populate with a collection poster and background on the UHD8000 and the ones held with a folder don't. They display as they've always done with poster and background on the Z1000 Pro.
    If I try and refresh artwork in the UHD8000 on the web browser it hangs and can't add it manually. On the UHD8000, I can change image manually on the player, but obviously that's pretty tedious and I'd be happy for the UHD8000 to do this work.
    Cheers, Dave

Attached Files:

16. Markswift2003

I'm not sure what you mean by a "binder"

17. DaveH1

DaveH1 Member

Thanks Mark, see how ‘Shrek Collection’ above has like a binder icon, whereas Alien collection has a folder icon.
    Any of my collections that I created on the Z1000 Pro with a folder have also come across to the UHD8000 with your recommended settings. The only thing is that Collection poster and background haven’t mapped across.
    I suspect these collections with a folder icon I had created in Ember media manager when I was using a Shield/Kodi, but I can’t remember to be honest? I might have created them in the Zidoo but it was a while ago.
    Anyway, I tried disbanding a couple of them and putting them back together, but when I tried to create a new collection on the UHD8000 and put them in the new collection, there was no option for a collection with a binder, just a folder again with no Collection poster or background.
    Cheers, Dave

18. Markswift2003

Yeah - sorry - I'd lost track of this thread.

Still have no idea what's going on here - I have a Z9X fired up at the moment - I added a 2K library just scraped online and a 4K library (different movies) scraped with NFOs, and all the collections look like this:

upload_2024-8-24_13-3-49.png

Not a folder icon in any of them...

19. DaveH1

DaveH1 Member

I’m back home tonight from a few days away. Think I’ll test disbanding the Collection on the Z1000 Pro and re-add it with those binder icons and then see what happens on the UHD8000? I’m thinking it has something to do with how they were imported from Ember media manager in the first place.
    But there is a weird thing on the UHD8000 end and that is that when I disbanded my Alien Collection and tried to re-add it, I never got the Zidoo default option to select with the binder, like it appears on your picture above.

20. Markswift2003

Anything odd in the NFO files?