Dolby Vision FEL Playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Yes, it only uses the RPU (dynamic meta data) part of it.

2. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Hi. I'm confused by all the info on how to get Dolby Vision into an MKV file. The more I read about remuxing, embedding, single or dual layer streams, the more I realize that it's not that easy after all. I would like to buy a Zidoo Z1000pro and want to clarify beforehand whether I can create a Dolby Vision mkv file from a 1:1 copied iso film (Aquaman 4K) with MakeMKV? can't I just start MakeMKV, load the iso, select the language and then start? Any help would be nice

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    thenextvision likes this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Yes, that is exactly the way I do it. With MakeMKV it is very easy. Keep in mind that the DV layer will automatically be copied into the mkv and you don’t need to do anything special.

4. looun

looun Member

NO, it's not a true DV, it's only base layer + RPU

RTD 1619DR NOT support DV profile 7 dual layer!

Only 8581 chip disc player can playback DV BD UHD.

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/483427662

[​IMG]

Zidixx likes this.
  5. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Thank you for your quick answers. ok, so only single-layer is feasible with MakeMKV. Is the image quality much worse than dual-layer or is it just subtleties that can be neglected with the naked eye?

6. Sledgehamma

With makeMKV you will loose nothing at all! The mkv container is perfectly capable of storing dual layer DV.
    The comprise comes with the player as there is no second decoder for the DV layer it will ignore that and only uses the dynamic metadata part of it. Generally, there shouldn’t really be a visible difference this way. However, there are some badly mastered titles which have noticeable worse PQ.

boolian and Zidixx like this.
  7. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Thank you for this very useful message. I've already thought that there are no big differences in image quality. Then nothing stands in the way of my buying a zidoo z1000pro. If there are likes for helpful posts, I would give you 100 :))) thanks

Sledgehamma likes this.
  8. looun

looun Member

it's impossible to determine, DV it's closed format.

if yuo want playback DV you need 8581 player , simple like show the schema.

makeMKV can "make" this file ,but there are NOT any player support mkv dual layer DV
    it's nonsense, not a compromise.

That's created a lot of confused

"mkv dual layer DV" is a dead experiment ... END OF THE STORY!

"yusesope" (tool-script creator) leave project 2 year ago !

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's easy to determine - just compare to the original dual layer file - either ISO, BDMV or MP4.

DV has been hacked wide open now!

It's gone way beyond what Yusesope started years ago now. We have the DV block decoded, we have the RPU decoded. Documents were leaked ages ago.

MKV dual layer is, and has been, part of the Matroska standard for a long time.

boolian and xskip like this.
  10. looun

looun Member

NO it's "subjective" test with your eyes ... , you need a licensed dolby workstation with professional sony monitor!... very easy
    yes sure!
    some script file is equal to 300.000$ dolby workstation.
    RPU it's NOT DV ..AGAIN! .... created only a lot of confused!

the only use is HDR10 + madvr generated DV RPU , long process with some result. But it's another topic

Do you have read the post? i don't think.

Lot of peaole start lose time time create "magic mkv DV" .. in the end they buy 8581 player or sony x700/x800m2.

why you loss time to people to dead project?

where ?!?

yes , but NOT any player support..very very useful!

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello looun,

I hope you are well, it's been a long time since I last saw you :)

About the DV support with the RTD1619DR, indeed you are right

Mark and others who I think are objective and have the opportunity to compare with real DV players also agree that... Yes there is a difference... a difference that seems to be hardly noticeable in normal viewing conditions and as you say you would have to use professional equipment to see the differences more easily...

99% of people watching DV movies with their Zidoo and consumer gear see...either no difference or a slight difference which is considered negligible according to them, this is user feedback I meet on different forums saying that and who have in addition to their Zidoo, DV players like Sony, Oppo, etc...

While waiting for a possible Zidoo (next generation?) supporting Dual layer, the visual experience of a DV film with an RTD1619DR device is nonetheless stunning.

--------------

For those who are interested, I made a video about it and it is available on my youtube channel in the Zidoo tutorial section

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL91TmKnecYtBsIJ6TW6EJyubwSkjupwfC

See you soon

12. Markswift2003

Absolutely not getting sucked into this nonsense :D

Raphael71 and Netmask like this.
  13. looun

looun Member

NOPE,

like i write " HDR10 + RPU" in some case can be better the only HDR10,but it's NOT DV MUST BE CLEAR!

14. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

Is RPU not the Dolby Vision Metadata? And in Dolby Vision Layer 8 is only BL (HDR10)+RPU.bin Dolby Vision!! And in dolby Vision Layer 7 MEL, the EL is only the RPU. Sorry looun, but for me it sounds like "dangerous superficial knowledge" what you say

15. looun

looun Member

good read
    https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/483427662

there are NOT any contents with Dolby Vision Layer 8 , only iphone recording.

16. Piper2603

Piper2603 New Member

ok, it is right, that only Dolby Vision Layer 5 has the Full Range, but to say Layer 7 and Layer 8 are NO Dolby Vision is wrong

17. Markswift2003

Stop feeding the trolls please otherwise I start deleting posts.

AngryVirginian, Raphael71 and xskip like this.
  18. looun

looun Member

I don't writed this.

i write "HDR10 + RPU" is not DV, DV is BL+ EL + RPU 1:1 to BD UHD playback from device support Profile(not Layer ) 7.

What's a writed that is not true ?
    i' am very curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.