Beta version v6.4.05 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 19, 2022.

1. vddan

vddan Active Member

-What concerning 'the break is resolved!
    -The 'image dive' returned with this update!
    -The trailers still block, if we go through the 'media-center' they are read perfectly ??

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The problem with Music Player not always showing a folder.jpg is not solved. ;)
    Works using Library but not selecting the album using Media Center.

Playing with BD Menu my UHD movies won't play with 4K when using auto-resolution and preference set forced at 1080P. With resolution set to AUTO it works as expected. Not a problem when playing without menu. :(

The audio delay when pausing a movie is minimal with my setup now. :)
    The problem displaying ' in lyrics seems solved. That was a very annoying one. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Send the folder.jpg to me.

4. Nice Monkey

Example folder/album forwarded.
    Works using Library but not selecting the album using Media Center! Seen differences between these 2 methods more often.

To reproduce: Just clear the database, start up Media Center select the forwarded album to play and there will be no image displayed.
    This is the common way of using Music Player for almost all my music folders.

5. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Never had such problem with my unit and till now all good also with this new FW (and I mainly playback only 4K Blu-ray content, so this means the highest datarate)

6. Nice Monkey

Music Player filters numbers in all folder names:
    "9 to 5 - Dolly Parton" becomes" to - Dolly Parton" beyond any recognition obviously.
    This is a very strange undesirable behavior and should be solved asap.

Music Player facilitates looking up and matching Lyrics. What is missing is the option "No Match Found". I prefer nothing to be displayed when no (quality) match is available.
    When editing the fields for Lyrics look up virtual keystrokes may interrupt the audio being played.
    Lyrics displays wrapping text lines not breaking on words (but on letters) which makes it a lot more difficult to read. Increasing the display width just a bit may solve this too (avoiding wrapping)?

Please do something about the English here. It looks so stupid (sorry to say so) to me:
    Singer => Artist (since when is Ennio Morricone a Singer?)
    Song => Title (Not all music pieces are songs!)
    Tracks => Titles (but Track Numbers to be displayed optionally)
    Musics => Albums (Musics is not even an existing English word)
    Said by many already but the perceived quality of the music player is in fact brought down by this. Seems very easy to change to me.

Personally will never even try to use the Library facility as long as Artist Album is not introduced. My collection is entirely ordered according Artist Albums and Collection Albums and this per Album Format type (MP3, CD, DTS-CD, SACD etc). Having also top-2000 collections etc. it is useless to have all Artists displayed as a prime ordering criteria.

Letmein and xskip like this.
  7. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

@Markswift2003 Are trailers completely blocked , or do local trailers still work???
    Because i have spent a lot of time adding local trailers

8. vddan

vddan Active Member

With me it no longer works !!

9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, but my case is from NAS connected by aerial Internet (Wimax * DL/UL 25Mbps) which is not so width as local drive by Ethernet. It's a peculiar subject which Z9X is unable to run while Zappiti One 4K HDR is doing in same scenario flawlessly.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  10. skelton

skelton Member

Great work Zidoo team! Thanks:)

11. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

sorta makes you want to sell your z1000pro and upgrade to the z9x I know I will get shit for this but I don't recall the gaps between the z9s and z1000 or z10 models from last gen. I guess we should just be thankfull any firmware at all comes in a post apocalyptic covid world. I do wish they would run early builds on the other models as well. They really are quite similar. Unified firmware would be a welcomed approach.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Local trailers are working perfectly and that isn't going to change.

13. Markswift2003

No idea what the first two questions mean but local trailers are fine so not sure why yours aren't.

14. Joe C

Joe C Member

Oh come on, it’s been discussed on death on here - the Z9X is always first

darkeyes909 likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Maybe read the post again.

16. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, but if you start by saying "the issue of stuttering thru SMB-NAS bandwidth still there" anyone who reads will think it may be a local network issue. And this is not the case, SAMBA works without issues as usual. Coming to your case scenario, I don't know what Zappiti does to make it work (buffering? read ahead?), but with such a low (and unrealiable) bandwith, I think it's really hard to ask for a solution. If you really can't build up a local network access to your NAS, what I would do is make the NAS convert the content to low bitrates (maybe max 20 Mbps) so that the datarate transfer is than enough to playback without stuttering.

Letmein likes this.
  17. Joe C

Joe C Member

I did. It’s the same thing every firmware - “Why only the Z9X” etc. You must be fed up of answering that yourself

18. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I'm afraid you didn't... Mark is right! ;)

19. Joe C

Joe C Member

Can’t see what I’m missing here, if anyone would like to enlighten me?

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

No way to change NAS bitrate or convert the contents, I need to run files like 25GB-4K same way as Zappiti is buffering. Sometime in near future and maybe with another Zidoo RTD device.