Beta version v6.4.05 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 19, 2022.

1. RUFF

RUFF New Member

Does not play some ISO BD3D, which the old Z10 played without problems.

2. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks for the quick answer ;)

3. vddan

vddan Active Member

You can give a link to rename them ..... thank you

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

"...but I don't recall the gaps between the z9s and z1000 or z10 models from last gen."

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mark - what is the correct naming convention for the Zidoo to 'see' a trailer in same directory as main movie. Cheers

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You should report and provide samples if this is the case. Original 3D-BD 1:1 copies in ISO simply should all play flawless.

Frankly play myself only 3D in my bedroom as that LCD 1080P TV still supports 3D. Have still an old(er) Egreat A11 sitting there doing that job for me very nicely.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  7. Markswift2003

MovieName.trailer.ext or MovieName-trailer.ext

So for No Time To Die.mkv for example (or a BDMV/ISO folder called No Time To Die), the trailer would be:

No Time To Die.trailer.mp4

or

No Time To Die-trailer.mp4

(trailers tend to be mp4, but any supported file type will work just fine - some of mine are mkv)

upload_2022-5-20_15-27-47.png

(I've updated the recommended settings thread with these notes)

blenky and xskip like this.
  8. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Than use the Zappiti! :p

xskip likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In very short once more:
    - The Z9X owners is the by far biggest community
    - It is used for first tries on new updates. Problematic FW versions should be taken for granted. They do happen regularly. Reverting back is possible (not easy) for the die-hards.
    - Many of the hardcore testers like Mark and myself use a dedicated unmodified Z9X purely for testing and do the real watching/listening using e.g. a Neo model.
    - Zidoo leans heavily on this forum community for FW suggestions and bugfix reporting plus testing.

When reaching an acceptable maturity level a Beta FW is released for all models. About once to twice a year a new Stable FW version is released and pushed via OTA to all customers which enabled this.

Nothing wrong with this approach in my perception above all with the high number of Beta FW releases coming from specifically Zidoo.

10. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

I don't know. I only know that if I have selected "Change framerate and resolution" option, when I play a mkv in 4k with HDR or DV, movie plays at 60 framerate. I have zidoo in automatic reslution and it selects 4K 60 fps automaticaly. I want to play movies in their original framerate.
    Mkv in Hd are well played. Only 4K.
    Perhap I'm doing something wrong, but it's simple. I push play in remote and movie plays at 60 fps. Info shows mmkv is in 23 fps but that zidoo is ouputing 60fps.

11. Ganimedessp

Ganimedessp New Member

They say me that it works, but I have same problem as you... In my old zidoo all BD3dISO are well played. In z9x, it depends... and I don't know why.

12. Markswift2003

Can you send me your EDID?

Goto Settings/Display/Custom EDID and "Save EDID"

Rename from edid.bin to edid.txt to post here on the forum.

I can't think why this would happen and this is certainly not something I've seen before and is definitely not normal behaviour.

13. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

After updating to the latest beta, my Z9X is not working correctly. The "lock" option under resolution has the little button but no resolution data is listed. Under HDR, it lists highest Rec 709, even though I never selected that. I try to select lldv 422 12 bit, but it doesn't take. I can select auto or Dolby Vision VS10 for all content, but when I go to watch a movie, the VS10 engine doesn't kick in at all. I've rebooted and still same issue. Any suggestions, or am I going to need to wipe my Z9X and install an older beta version of the firmware?

Edit: I tried reloading the firmware, and there was no change, so did a factory reset. Everything is back to normal now it seems.

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Hi
    if i read above correctly ,your trying to stream 4k movies which run 30-100Mb/s typically (NEEDING a 1 Gigsbit lan to reach these speeds) ,over a 25M/b wifi

at those low speeds the only things that might successfully run without stutter are 4k TV epis and normal 720p/1080p stuff

and to simply prove its the LOW wifi data rates as the issue ,move the nas to where the zidoo/tv are ,and take the SLOW wifi out of the issue (plus of course all the multitude of stuff that WILL interfere in a wifi signal over distance )

Letmein and darkeyes909 like this.
  15. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Doesn't mean I am going to waste an opportunity to get on my pedestal

16. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

since i just did a lot of trailer automation via radarr, amtd, using dockers, as well as regex scripts in advance renamer, and using Opus as well I will share what I leared about naming trailers.

All of the queried ones do not work by default, so its a chore once they start rolling in from apple, youtube, hdtrailers.net etc. I found that anything after the exact movie file name-trailer will allow you some identification. so ie. Star Trek (2016)-trailer-Official Trailer 1.mkv or .mp4 works fine. but Star Trek (2016) Official Trailer 1-trailer.mkv does NOT work. It has to be identical to the movie file name which does have a certain suckage factor to it, since I haven't gotten a single one named the same as the movie file name, from amtd, even using the library database for movies in radarr. I think the idea is to dl what you want as you go. They have no intention of catering to someone mass flooding with a trailer flood. although it would be easy to do so using the filters already in HT 4.0. There are already, filters for keywords not to add to library. Would be nice if we could customize trailer naming convention a little bit. As long as -trailer or _trailer_1, trailer_2 etc is in there is should accept it but it does not in my experience.

I still use tags in file names so Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope (1977)(4K)(HDR10)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1).mkv for a trailer is

Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope (1977)(4K)(HDR10)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)-trailer.mkv and also Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope (1977)(4K)(HDR10)(TrueHD Atmos 7.1)-trailer Teaser 1.mkv

I have switched exclusively to offline nfo, art, and trailers. No need to slow down HT4.0 anymore than nessecary at this point. Local Trailers are so smooth. Wish I could toggle them full screen instead of framed, Cannot figure it out, Thought maybe there was a keyboard shortcut but dont see it. Would like to see an option for full screen disolve in the future. I would also enjoy some upcoming trailers or a pool of them to be introduced but with it requiring the full name of the movie, that could not even be randomized or scripted to inject them as they come out. I do think it would be nice for some custom intro, trailer options.

17. Joe C

Joe C Member

Good lord, I really was having a bad day yesterday - how on earth did I miss that!

18. Joe C

Joe C Member

That’s what I was referring to initially

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Yes, I’m running such as 4K and 1080p stuffs by Zappiti from long time ago with no stuttering issues. It means Zappiti is handling buffer better than Zidoo that is unable to run 720p movies. Obviously the systems are not the same but I’d like Zidoo take care of such improvements.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  20. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Its worth owning the z9x just if you are a tweaker!. I guess that is why I have one of those as well as a Z9S, X9S in addition to the Z1000pro, and z9x. Lately it just makes me want to swap roles for the z9x and z1000pro based on firmware activity. As soon as I do it there will be the release the next morning for the z1000pro or following week. No worries. You are right though, the complaint comes up often and is one with roots.