Beta version v6.4.05 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, May 19, 2022.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

?? how can a 25M a sec wifi transmit 4k movies running at up to 100 M/s and not stutter ?
    impossibility

its the same as placing the 4k movies on a usb3 HDD then plugging it in to a USB 2 port
    The port will never have the bandwidth to play the files smoothly

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

An USB2 connection will do around 25 MByte/sec = 200 Mbit/sec rate which normally should not be a problem for playing 4K/DV/Atmos movies. But agreed using USB3 gives a better margin and is highly recommended. The convention is MB = Mega Byte and Mb = Mega bits and not to be confused and therefore always to be indicated clearly.

Letmein likes this.
  3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

the ol 8 bits in a byte trick :p

4. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

one thing to try re the wimax wifi

go to browser on the Z9x and search for a dsl speedtest site
    ie mine ran speeds varying from 180Mb/s to 410Mb/s download speeds ,depending on which test site i used (just tested ) and i run a 300M download fibre
    this will quickly test the Z9X lan capabilities

5. JS_racer

JS_racer Member

so are trailers in ht4 completely broken now?? , they just say none available, or similar, before this it had a couple options that usually didn't work.
    trailers work just fine in zdmc,

6. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

ZDMC/Kodi lets you use your own obtained API key for Youtube...hence why it is working.

I just negated this issue: If it comes back great, If it doesnt oh well.

The backfill was crazy, but its done now and I am super pleased with Radarr+AMTD trailer flood. They are so fluid ( If only i could have full screen toggle on them now and upcoming trailers in the cinema. that would be fantastic.

7. Cranks

Cranks Member

I have two issues that I can't seem to fix on my Z9X.

1/ There is a delay of up to 5 seconds for movies to start playing - audio is almost instant. How can I improve this?
    2/ When using the Controller App, my unit does not turn on using the power button. I have to resort to using the supplied remote. How do I set this up?

Overall I am happy with the Controller App even CEC works for me with volume control on my HTP1,
    But would like to suggest the following features I'd like to see on the Controller app:-
    1/ add a stop button
    2/ add play/pause button
    3/ add fast forward and fast rewind buttons

Cheers...

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It will be useless but, as curiosity, neither Chrome browser nor SpeedTest app work in Z9X.

9. xskip

xskip Active Member

SpeedTest app works OK

Attached Files:

10. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Not in my case, with Ethernet cable.

11. Cranks

Cranks Member

Anyone experiencing freezing on their unit? I couldn't watch any series last night without the unit freezing two to three times in a 10-minute block. Files were mkz's in DV.
    I did not have this issue on the previous fw. Can I reload the previous fw??

12. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Z9X: Absolutely no freezing at all, via HT, ZDMC, USB and NAS.

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Try a factory reset first. No, going back requires an emergency flash procedure.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  14. Cranks

Cranks Member

I'll try a factory reset tonight.
    I am really enjoying all content with VS10 engaged!!!

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, with "HDMI CEC" completely off my LG TV is still waking up Zidoo.

So far with this firmware only one function works "Media Player does not wake up TV" if CEC is completely off.
    All other combinations of "HDMIC CEC" ON, TV wakes up Media Player and Media Player wakes up TV. Individual function switches don't do anything.

Please get it under control. The only way to stop Zidoo from starting up is to unplug the HDMI cable.

Screenshot_20220527-173350.png

16. Cranks

Cranks Member

Ok...how can I back up config and HT4. Will it backup the sources and individual settings too??

17. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Not yet implemented. I've requested it long time ago unsuccessfully. IMO it's a very important issue but Zidoo must distinguish that all settings must comply with the changes.

Cranks likes this.
  18. Cranks

Cranks Member

Did the factory reset as suggested and configured all settings and re-added my sources. I went to bed & let the scrapping finish overnight. I will test again later tonight and report back.

I agree that there should be an option to back up settings and HT4 data if this is something we have to do regularly!!

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, you can backup and restore HT4... it works very well! No backup for the general settings (but that's actually quite quick to restore)

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

HT4 backup and restore fuction has been there for years. You can find it under "Library" and it is called literally "Backup & Restore"! :D

Cranks likes this.