Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It depends on what TV and AVR you're working but faulty most the times.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  2. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Not sure how long this has happened but ever since the screensaver feature has become used by me the zidoo z1000 constantly freezes. Has anyone experienced frozen os on static screensaver screen?

I think it mostly occurs when I leave screensaver on for too long and come back.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  3. mytich

mytich Member

Hey, I just updated to this latest beta and the new feature which should slide details out on poster page is not working, and yes I have it enabled in settings and also yes, I cleared my cache and cut the power for 1 minute and it still isn't there. Help appreciated! :)

4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

there is only one view that it supported. not sure which one. use the search function on the forum page to find the post that tells you how to get it to work. honestly, it is not very good. I think the post is on page 1 or 2 of this topic.

mytich likes this.
  5. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

Anyone experiencing this?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No - I have several hundred images in my screensaver folder and never have a problem (my box is on 24/7) - I'd suspect a dodgy image file.

7. timmyp53

timmyp53 Member

I'm not using custom images. Just the ones that automatically come with the firmware. Screensaver seems to keep freezing OS for me. So I tend to turn off device if im not actively using it. It's unfortunate because I like to roam and come back and I seem to keep coming back to frozen screensaver and OS.
    Should I try adding my own?

8. Gelto

Gelto Member

I would try that, yes. No problems here either on a Z9X with several hundred of jpgs. I only wish there was a random setting for these in the screensaver, or did I miss this? @Markswift2003

9. mytich

mytich Member

No, there is no random setting in fact the only option to do with it now is adding our own images in that folder.. but I think its gonna be implemented in the future since one of the zidoo staff here aknowledged this when I mentioned it and said its a good idea. :)

10. mytich

mytich Member

Thanks, but didnt find it for now, its not that important anyway :) I would appreciate some update for bluray menu support tho :D

11. Tricky

Tricky New Member

Just updated my Z10 pro to the G version and getting Google play and Google Play Services have stopped working pop-ups uninstalled the Google play app but still getting the pop-up any ideas, also getting the Z10 tuning on with TV and sometimes random, yet the CEC is off?

12. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I have the same problem from yesterday , i have stopped the notify from android

13. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

Had a few little niggles on the Z9X when watching a DV title last night. There was one time when the audio kept going but the video froze. I exited and restarted the movie and all was good again. Then, later, after I had been skipping around a bit from one part of the movie to another, I pushed play and the video was playing back very slowly, at about 2 or 3 frames per second or something like that. I hit rewind for a second or two, and everything synced back up to normal. This is pretty rare and my experience is that the video playback on the Z9X is usually very reliable. Just thought I'd share my feedback.

mytich likes this.
  14. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

What firmware are you running?

15. odourboy

odourboy New Member

I've had an experience similar to the first... tried to exit a video, the screen went black but audio continued. Player had crashed and required a power off from the switch (Z10 Pro) to stop it. It's only occurred once so far.

16. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

The .75 beta firmware.

17. Markswift2003

Anything unusual about the file? Was it a re-encode?

18. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Nothing that happens on a regular basis, but this firmware has been the most "hinky" in a long time. Have reset etc. several times and it still is very buggy.

19. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I've watched the file several times and no issues on a regular basis with it. Here's the mediainfo output.

upload_2022-3-8_15-20-27.png

20. Markswift2003

Right - since that's profile 8 I assume it's a homebrew hybrid job. I don't think the UHD BluRay is Dolby Vision and even if it was, it certainly couldn't be Profile 8 and the only way to get an MLP Atmos soundtrack would be from a disc.

Some people know what they're doing producing hybrids and some don't which can result in an file with a broken RPU amongst other issues.

The Zidoo has no problem with properly compliant Profile 4, 5, 7 and 8 Dolby Vision, so I'm confident this is just a dodgy file - there seem to be a lot of them around at the moment.

I'm curious about the file's bitrate though and the fact it appears to have been written using Ateme Titan File..

Actually - I know what's going on - someone's taken the HDR10 video and MLP soundtrack from the UHD BluRay and combined them with the RPU from an online web download converted to P8. Not a great idea unless you can guarantee both were sourced from the same Dolby Master, which is very unlikely.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022