Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

was just going to add that

Shang chi was dolby vision to theatres and streaming but disc was only hdr 10
    so as above someones taken the rpu from stream and combined it to "make"a hybrid

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I've been using hybrids for about 5 or 6 months now and have not had any issues with any of them so far. They're all webrip and Bluray hybrids.

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I don't think so according to my experience. This is a very stable firmware but a new one is about to come out.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

A new one about to come out? That would be nice. Do you have a source for that?

5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

This is my/our expectation but no special source involved!! ;)

6. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Maybe it’s enough to engage in eyewash and keep everyone for morons? There are many unresolved problems in the firmware. Or you solve them and whether you attract those who can really help you.

Or admit your helplessness. Already got verbal diarrhea. You can't take it. You write about the problems you do not solve them. What is the money paid for?

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

It's been almost 7 weeks since the last Beta firmware. Eagerly awaiting the next one.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Got to take in to account there has been a holiday in that time period …….

it will come .

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This week I'm told...

Purple, dr4go, rozel and 5 others like this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My list of problems is only growing so looking forward to check this one.

Did not get any Zidoo comment on the HDD 17.5 GByte limit using SATA. I think it is important enough as some are going for 18 TByte and even 20 TByte drives.

11. Markswift2003

I believe that the maximum for 1619 boxes is 18TB and 16TB for 1295/1296 boxes.

12. Nice Monkey

Why would that be? See no design difference between those SOC's for SATA. It is simply a 32-bit counter for 4K Logical Sectors used by all. Result =17,6 TByte confirmed by 2 practical tests.
    Valid for all Android media players not just Zidoo. Just prove me being wrong.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  13. Markswift2003

No idea, just what I've been told by Zidoo.

14. m0j0

m0j0 New Member

I have an 18TB external drive attached to my Z9X and it maxed out at 16.2TB storage.

15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

which is what it should hold

The drive is displayed as TB, 1TB is considered to have 1,000GB by tradition, it actually has 1,024GB in binary.
    So to get the true storage space, take the TB size and multiply by 1,000,000,000,000 then divide that by 1024 4 times.
    So 18 x 1,000,000,000,000 / 1024 / 1024 /1024 /1024 = 16.37 TiB, which is what your computer will display.

16. Nice Monkey

SATA attached? Full formatted single partition with W10?

The story is not for USB drives as addressing works differently with other drivers for those. But the FAT (=NTFS) handling is the same.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  17. mytich

mytich Member

I experience these things more so on the latest beta than on previous beta fw I was on 6.3.50 i think.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

to show 18TB as 16.2 is really normal..............connect it to your PC/NAS whatever.....it will show the same just physics :)

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

In my case SATA 8 TB x 4 = 32 TB but PC W10 handles/shows 29,2 TB.