Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

Hi Mark,

UPDATE - Scrub that Mark. If I select Video through on the Yamaha, my oled reports 1080p 4:4:4 10bit, so the amp presumably thinks that 1080p 10bit is an illegal stream and outputs 8bit it seems when scaling 1080p to 4k. Odd.

Sorry, I should have checked that before I posted,

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No problem :)

Thought it was an odd one..

Oldpainless likes this.
  3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

There's a critical issue with subtitles displaying when playing an HDR file using the VS10 processor on the Z9X.

When playing an mkv (in this case 1080p) with HDR10 and HDR output set to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (For HDR, DV Content)", subtitles don't display properly for me.

They either appear totally unreadable, like pixellated dot-matrix, with odd colors, or sometimes if it is readable, it's the wrong color. I've gone back-and-forth a few times with my HDR settings. If I set HDR output to "Auto", subtitles display fine with the same file being played back. If I re-enable VS10, it's back to being garbled again, or the wrong color. Yesterday I couldn't even finish a video when the forced subtitles popped up and they were unreadable. I tried different subtitle color settings, etc., but nothing made them readable.

That was with v6.3.66 installed. Today, I installed v6.3.75, and it's the same issue, but today, after switching HDR to Auto and then back to VS10, subs are now semi-readable, sort of, but they don't look right and they're the wrong color. If I select yellow, they're green, for example. Whatever color I select, it displays wrong, and some colors display like dot-matrix again.

I'm using the custom EDID "BT.2020 HDR10" posted in the EDID thread to disable DV output as my TV doesn't handle DV well, so HDR and DV are both processed with VS10 and output as HDR10. This has been working well until I discovered this subtitle issue.

I have no idea what's going on with HDR/VS10 subtitles but this is important and they need to take a look at it. Can anyone else replicate this issue? Currently, I'm unable to use VS10 for any HDR content if I need to display subtitles.

EDIT: If I select white or grey for subtitles with this file, they appear readable now with VS10 enabled. If I select any colors they appear as the wrong color.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  4. kris1208

kris1208 New Member

hello, I have an error with the latest firmware 3.6.75_G. I have an error message at launch telling me that google play has stopped. I tried to put the firmware without Google but it's the same. how do you remove this error? Thank you.

bonjour, j'ai une erreur avec le dernier firmware 3.6.75_G. j'ai un message d'erreur au lancement qui me dis que google play c'est arrête.
    j'ai essayé de mettre le firmware sans Google mais c'est pareil.
    vous devez comment enlever cette erreur ?
    Merci.

5. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Factory Reset?

6. kris1208

kris1208 New Member

no, the factory reset is too violent, I hope to have another solution than losing my zbmc.

7. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I had the same issue yesterday, did a factory reset of my z1000pro and sofar this problem has not yet surfaced.

8. 56k

56k Member

clear cache
    et install la version update ici?
    https://google-play-services.en.uptodown.com/android

9. xskip

xskip Active Member

... new MakeMKV v1.16.7 (27.2.2022 ). :)

Netmask, DELUCAS and dr4go like this.
  10. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

DVDFab is better imo. Way better UI and a gazillion more options, not to mention forced subtitles scanning.

11. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I spoke to soon, the irritating msg, re-appears "google play services stop"

What is the best way to get rid of this?

I had the same issue yesterday, did a factory reset of my z1000pro and sofar this problem has not yet surfaced.
    unquote.

12. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Did you follow this procedure first?

Adding/removing optional access to the Google Play Store
    The GAPP"s APK is not applicable anymore and won't work with Android 9. Instead now a FW with "_G" at the end needs to be installed manually via USB (like FW 6.0.22_G). No need to do so if you don't want/require access.
    You first have to "Google Play Protect" certify your player and next need to activate the Google Play Store:

1. Open Play Store, then close it - this generates the GSF ID
    2. Goto Zidoo Quick Settings/Other/About and take a note of the GSF ID
    3. In any web browser on any platform, goto www.google.com/android/uncertified, log in and enter GSF ID and hit <Register>
    4. Restart Z9X as a now Google Play Protect certified device
    5. Start Google Play Store again and register/activate your Google account

Trond H. Bergli likes this.
  13. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

Tks. kindly.

Just did a Factory Reset since I got stuck on the "google play stops error"

Than followed the above procedure, previously I might have forgotten to activate my Google Account.

Will monitor the next couple of days to determine if all is now working as it should.

14. Roje

Roje New Member

Good Day folks!
    I'm the proud new owner of a Zidoo Z1000 Pro! :) And quite excited about my new purchase, having had decent service from my old trusty X10 for several years.

I have a few questions about the Firmware for this machine though, if someone could please oblige?:
    - Is it worthwhile installing the latest beta version? I see the last stable release was many months ago, and I'm sure there have likely been several improvements in the ensuing beta releases.
    - When can we realistically expect a new stable release ?
    - I assume the difference between the 2 releases involve the inclusion of some Google apps in the one? Is there perhaps a listing of the apps included here? I'm personally not too fond of installing apps that I know I'll never use, which could also potentially hog machine resources.

Cheers

15. robinb

robinb Member

Yes update to latest beta
    who knows
    Its on the first post of this thread.

16. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Dune has made progress again. The CEC control has been further developed. So far, Zidoo has not been able to fix this CEC issue.
    I think many users want a CEC extension here at Zidoo too.;)

Dune CEC.png

martolk, puremind and Ovidiu Ogrean like this.
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

would be nice to get it stable

patch to patch i have to change my start up sequence cos its always just flopping around

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Or you can just get a Harmony Elite Hub and Remote ;)

19. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

thing is , Cec used to work and still does on the z9s

dont need harmony remote when it gets back to working (mine has sat untouched for ages)
    all i used to have to do was say Echo turn on zidoo ,and this WORKED perfectly for many months thru many patches
    Zidoo would start
    which would then turn on the pana Oled
    which would turn on the Denon 3700h
    ( RM IR controller programmed to on /off key on zidoo with Echo intergration)

last 2-3 months it has been very unstable and end results changes every patch , but atm it usually means a manual power restart on the zidoo after tv / denon turn on

Same setup in bedroom for the retired z9s still works perfectly

like this way cos i can tell echo to start them up while in bedroom and all ready by the time i walk thru to there

darkeyes909 likes this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

CEC is the work of the Devil - said many times