New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. No issues for me with DSD multichannel to my AVR Yamaha Avantage 2080
    https://gofile.me/64xQU/EsVtEcbQ1
    My Synology NAS

2. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it is not an HDMI issue. My .dsf multichannel files will not play no matter the output ‘port’. I should be able to output multichannel files in stereo via XLR but it fails here too.

It must be some other issue related to DSD multichannel playback (in my setup). I don’t know what it could be - maybe .dsf is the problem.

What file type are your dsd multichannel files?

4. Bergholdt

Na, ja. Danke. Ich bin aber Däne :)

So your .dsf are not stored on a local m2 ssd?

Maybe that’s the clue…

Different signal path = different result?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  5. dmp6

dmp6 Member

Streaming 5.1 dsf files from Synology through Roon to Marantz SR7012, from the HDMI port. Perhaps the best audio experience I’ve ever had!!

Marantz shows DSD Direct and the transmitted channels light up in the app, although it shows 88.1 kHz for some weird reason (apparently HDMI connected SACD players show the same, as I read on some Marantz threads)

Summarizing, it’s working 100%

6. Burki

Burki Member

@Bergholdt What means "not playing"?
    Do hear no sound, while the A6 shows playing the dsf files?
    For HDMI it can be the problem, that you haven't set (your hub doesn't supports DSD) the output for DSD to D2P.
    Why XLR out isn't working? I don't know, but do you've also tried multichannel flacs and DSD in stereo?

By the way: I've also one system with WISA speakers (econiks --> based on the buchardts) and heared a lot of problems with some hubs.
    Obviously my preamp (from Primare) has WISA included, I prefer the analog connection:

20230721_182906.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    Nutul likes this.
  7. My .dsf are on the M2 SSD but also on the NAS, but it doesn't matter where the data comes from.

8. Bergholdt

The multichannel .dsf files don’t even start to play. Output is set to D2P. All other files including 2ch DSD (.dsf) can play without a problem.

The Platin Stereo Hub (WiSA) had some problems with its early firmware. I have the Platin Surround Hub which works quite ok, but it has no app yet (so some features are missing until the app is ready).

9. pauldune

pauldune Member

This is really good news! For me this means I can get rid of one the raspberry Pies playing Squeezelite, and have 1 single device in the living room for all my digital music needs.
    Thanks Mirror/Zidoo/Eversolo! (i'm really amazed that after logitech abandoned LMS, the community picked it up in such a way that its not only an alternative to Roon, but that some prefer it even as "best sounding" solution. And now Eversolo is going to support it officially)

10. I once sent stereo.dsf music to the XLR output, and lo and behold, it worked.
    So mch.dsf doesn't work for me over XLR either, but it does work over HDMI on the Yamaha 2080

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
  11. peliase

peliase New Member

@mirror When I go in to my collection albums, (Tidal and Qobuz), in Eversolo control app I really would like the ability to save prefered sorting. I would also like a grid view of albums like it is if I use the built in software of the eversolo, instead of a list (or the ability to choose), also I would love to have artist name under album name, so you can se both album name and artist name in the list (or grid if you can fix that).

First Screenshot of how it is now and second Screenshot of how I would like it to be from built in software when i cast screen.. Screenshot_20231124_193046_EverSolo Controller.jpg Screenshot_20231124_193500_EverSolo Controller.jpg

atomic garden, Dusty and supermood like this.
  12. supermood

supermood Active Member

agree.
    plus
    album year would be great
    jump to artist
    jump to album

atomic garden, zipe and peliase like this.
  13. Stuj

Stuj Member

Same for me. no problems with Synology NAS and going into my Yamaha Avantage 3070

14. Bergholdt

I have tested more with DSD .dsf

I can play DSD512 2ch files via XLR but not via HDMI when using D2P. I think my AVR / surround hub allows for max. 192khz (DSD256 says PCM 176.4khz so I guess, DSD512 will be above the max). So this one makes sense.

Other DSD .dsf 2ch files like DSD256 can play both via XLR and HDMI (D2P).

Multichannel .dsf (all DSD64) will not play no matter the output. But this time it cannot be a problem with D2P khz and I’m 100% sure it worked before the newest firmware.

I have FLAC and WAV multichannel files that play both via HDMI and XLR (in stereo via XLR).

Do you all output DSD multichannel as Native DSD? (My AVR / surround hub cannot handle native DSD).

Or do you use D2P? And if so, what PCM khz is max for your AVR?

15. peliase

peliase New Member

One more thing. Album cover here would make the perfect theme

Screenshot_20231125_011918_EverSolo Controller.jpg

Thank you @mirror and everybody on Eversolo for all the improvements you do all the time, this is truly a great streamer that's only getting better and better..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023

16. Native

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  17. Dusty

Dusty Member

I’ve been asking for the ability to save the default sorting in Tidal for a while but no implementation so far. It’s weird because their own app has that so they thought about it but not for streaming services. Even the plex app stores the sorting.

peliase likes this.
  18. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

+1. I said the same

peliase likes this.
  19. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I can cycle from my Harmony Remote (Info button) through Theme, Vumeter mode, Vumeter mode full screen and Home Screen. Would it be possible to add Spectrum Mode?

glc650 and lemongrass like this.