New firmware v1.2.15 for DMP-A6 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Nov 10, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

2. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

I am using the files in my PC and I see the 3rd line. Only with Tidal I do not see the 3rd line, unless I use Airplay

3. Eric777

Eric777 Member

Hi Bergholdt, how do you set the play queue at right on the screen?
    I've tested on Android phone and Android tablet but I don't see a way to do that?

4. Stuj

Stuj Member

I’m missing the 3rd line using plex(beta), I created a thread here with screen shots but didn’t really get noticed +1 for showing Album (and why not show year in brackets for the fun of it) on the third line

5. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

There will soon be a quick fix for the firmware that will improve album display in the playback interface for various music services. As well as the occasional problem of a playback error after one second of playback, and some regression issues in the previous version of firmware.
    We will start developing a landscape version of the control app for Android tablet next week. Squeezelite is also in development.
    There are more practical functions under development, I will announce it when I get the specific plans.

run51, pentax0373, Eric777 and 8 others like this.
  6. mirror

We are developing a hybrid playlist and queue function that supports various streaming media and local music libraries. Maybe this is what you want.

7. Spizz

Spizz Member

Thanks Mirror. Looking forward to it being fixed.

As you can see by the multiple people in this thread reporting the issue, native Multi-Channel DSD via HDMI is actively used.

Keep up the great work.

Pitscher likes this.
  8. Spizz

Spizz Member

That sounds pretty cool.

Eric777 and Bergholdt like this.
  9. Stuj

Stuj Member

That’s great news, thanks for the continued hard work with this device.

10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I’m playing from local SSD.

Maybe it has to do with how I ripped my CDs. I don’t use external software for re-tagging like some do. I just made sure to fill out all info (artist, album, track, year…) before ripping.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  11. Bergholdt

I’m on IOS using an iPad.

This view with ‘Spyro Gyra’ is just an album playing.

I press play ;) and the ‘play queue’ is populated with the content of the album (how it should be). Am I missing something? Maybe the Android app is just different - haven’t used Android.

IMG_0064.png IMG_0065.jpeg IMG_0066.png

On iPhone, it looks like this:

IMG_3240.jpeg IMG_3239.png

Eric777 and Nutul like this.
  12. George M C

George M C Member

That sounds good but as always it's in the implementation. Lots of the niggles that people are experiencing are slowly being ironed out across the many different platforms and the ability to reorganise a playlist or queue or both would be most appreciated by this particular owner. That's especially true for Amazon Music which has been a difficult nut to crack. Not being able to create Amazon Music playlists on the fly (whilst streaming in the Eversolo app) just doesn't seem right? There must be some intent to do so there because of the ubiquitous three dots to the right side of a track when playing an album. Unfortunately at the moment clicking on these only shows the track title and artist - which is just repeating the information already there ... hope I've explained that correctly.

13. StevenVisser

StevenVisser New Member

Great news!

14. mirror

This is determined by the functions provided by the API.
    In addition, I'm afraid we need to evaluate the availability of the API provided by Amazon music in the Hybrid playlist or Queue. If a direct request to the Track ID requires a valid token, we will not be able to create our own playlist.

15. neoitata

neoitata Member

Is it soon in plans to put the options sort albums in library by release year (from metadata) and to group multiple albums ( double cd-s, boxes etc...) in one album ?
    Sorry if i ask on wrong place.

The Wolfe likes this.
  16. Nikolay Gramchev

Nikolay Gramchev New Member

I fully understand your view and you have good approach.
    But it looks a bit too focused on visual things. Except improvement, fine tuning, polishing, another screen.... of/for existing features (functionalities) and piling more and more of the same (adding another variant or view .....) I expect real development of the replay functionalities. For example, the non-complex WiiM streamers had EQ functionalities, even more they had 7band graphic EQ and introduced parametric EQ - do you plan that in the near or long future, or you will keep it only for the 2kilo cost A8? Just expand your view - I can tell you that EQ is very essential for speakers. I know that some audiophiles may say that EQ breaks the fidelity but that is relevant only for headphones, with speakers EQ corrections are needed to reach fidelity.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    Dusty, atomic garden and neoitata like this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Personally stick to un-manipuled sound like glue and keep also my AMP in "Direct Mode" bypassing all sound controls mostly.
    But I know many like equalizers and I am the first to admit that using some Multi-Channel expansions may produce a nice sound with some stereo albums using my Onkyo. Occasionally do that.

But to get that job done most equipment uses a HW based DSP (Digital Sound Processor). You can do it all also in software but that requires complex programming, is often licensed and requires significant processing power to do a good job. The DMP-A6 isn't actually having a big processor and is running already at its limits for some audio formats.
    Adding an equalizer in software might work for some light source album formats but will start to degrade sound for others. Not a good idea in my experience.
    The DMP-A8 got a very nice AKM DSP integrated into the HW design. For sure that will get some nice features doing it all with no processor power claimed at all. Frankly my guess is that A8 is getting also a bigger processor.

18. Bergholdt

EQ is important but adding acoustic panels in your listening room is much more effective. That along with experimenting with speaker placement…

Probably not pretty in most people’s eyes but here is my room. Absorbers and thick carpets did a lot to improve the audio. And my ‘surround hub’ will do room eq and manual eq with a coming update.

IMG_3241.jpeg

Topdude and kc001 like this.
  19. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Thanks for the update @mirror, this is such good news. Especially Squeezelite functionality!! Really wasn't expecting this with the Eversolo being Android based.

Squeezelite does work via Termux but the only audio-sink available is Androids and not EOS so everything is upsampled to 192kHz. SB Player works too but again, no matched sample rate. Hence a little Pi connected via USB-c to my A6 for optimum LMS playback. To have native support would be unbelievable. Quite curious to know how they're approaching this.

Fair play to the Eversolo devs for giving this a go. I'm sure this will be a challenging endeavour - absolutely wish them all the best. Considering the multitude of functions this streamer can perform, it's truly impressive that the team is still working on value-adds.

20. Nikolay Gramchev

Nikolay Gramchev New Member

all you tell I know. just do not agree that processor of A6 is weak