ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Can't wait for Neo X, just got a Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K. HiFi sound is so great compare to Max Vision 4K, UHD3000 and of course picture quality is top-notch !!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Interesting to see is that the Ultra Vision display output is still identical to that of Max Vision. I am pretty sure that will change sooner or later. :p

Yeah will be great to compare the sound of Zidoo Neo X with Dune Ultra Vision. :cool:
    You seem even more addicted than I am. :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  3. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Media-players addicted since 2008

4. Nice Monkey

My addiction started with the original Xtreamer Prodigy which was a bit later. Great player in its days.

5. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

For Korean made media-players, the finest ones were from Dvico Tvix, then later came Xtreamer players, Himedia players. Popcorn Hour early models weren't too good, but later on getting better. And Zidoo entered market, Dune HD brand always my favorite. Too bad we can't get Sigma chips for media-player no more, it's picture quality always better than Realtek chips. In 2008 1TB cost me $215.00 lol, but it's really worth it to store MKV files...on and on...Do you know HiJack from MPCClub ?

6. Nice Monkey

No idea who HiJack from MPCClub is? Another addict like us?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  7. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

HiJack was the owner/admin of MPCClub, a "media-player only" forum, it was very popular in Europe back 2007-2012 or something, if you know some old friends from AVS forum back then also knew HiJack

8. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

Oh HiJack!...of course I remember him. I used to contribute to the skin design (theme) for one of the media players back then. I can't recall which brand/model was that. Its been ages!!! MPC Club HiJack used to do a lot of very in-depth reviews on many products, amongst those include NAS.

nhtdm likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

The Neo X can be ordered on Futeko and Zidoo.DE. :rolleyes:

gymnos and xskip like this.
  10. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Hi, I am writing to you from Italy. I recently switched from a Zidoo UHD X20 to the UHD 2000 with a notable leap in quality, especially audio. I use the player for both listening to music and watching movies with my excellent Cambridge audio 751r. I wanted to know if there is a noticeable difference in both audio and video quality with the Zidoo UHD 3000. Could it be worth investing in 3000 or rather waiting for the Neo series to become more affordable? I would be interested in purchasing the Panasonic ub9000 and ask who owns both zidoo uhd 2000/3000 machines for a qualitative comparison of both video and audio. Thanks for the info.

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    gymnos likes this.
  12. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi,
    i upgraded from the x20 to the UHD3000 directly therefore i cannot assess differences between the 2000 and the 3000. What i found was that the UHD3000 was less problems with Dolby Vision Material than the x20. When comparing UHD Iso Videos from the 3000 with the same UHD Disc on the CA CXUHD i cannot see ANY difference. Both seem to be fully equivalent. At least from what i can tell by watchin on my Pana TX-58DXW904.

Regarding Audio Quality (Music) i cannot say very much (positive) about the 3000 as i found that the Music Player (on ANY Zidoo Player, not just on the 3000!) is a completely useless banana product. Trying to import large music libraries (mainly flacs) causes continuous crashes. Trying to import separate libraries with SACD Iso Files (Stereo and multichannel) is a pain in the backside as this leads to no suitable identification of artist, album, etc. With Zero Support (from the Zidoo Tech Support directly or in the forum) on how a SACD Iso database should be set up.... Quite disapointing for a manufacturer who claims SACD Iso playback as one of the features of his products.

13. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Thank you for your reply and I am pleased to know that you have the Cambridge cxuhd and that you can compare it with the Zidoo UHD 3000. Because I am interested in buying the Cambridge audio player, or alternatively the Panasonic ub9000. I currently own the Cambridge 751r and 751bd. Just today I ran an audio comparison between the Zidoo UHD 2000 and the Cambridge 751bd. Personally I preferred the Zidoo, it excites me more, it is more analytical, detailed. I agree with you regarding the music player app. No progress has been made, the application is unusable. I ask you, if you have the possibility, an audio comparison between the Cambridge and the Zidoo, since what you tell me the video part is equivalent. Soon

14. puccainbkk

puccainbkk New Member

Hi All
    Any recommend about int /ext Hdd using with uhd3000
    Or any official on Zidoo website
    Thank you

15. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

puccainbkk likes this.
  17. CGI

CGI Member

I would recommend WD Red Plus, because:
    - it uses CMR Recording technology (WD Red - SMR)
    - up to 14TB currently (WD Red up to 6 TB)
    - both have 5400 rpm versions
    -just $10 more - against the WD RED 6TB version as per the link given above

puccainbkk likes this.
  18. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...same result as on the Video part. I cannot hear any difference between the CXUHD and the UHD3000.

But this is expected due to the nature of my setup. The Zidoo player passes the audio per bitstream to the AVR wich means on both paths - CXUHD and UHD3000 - The audio quality is mainly determined by the decoding and processing of my Marantz AVR.

19. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

I thank you. I preferred to connect the analog outputs of both the zidoo and the Cambridge 751bd to my Cambridge 751r in addition to the HDMI connection. so I heard better audio quality from the zidoo UHD 2000 than the Cambridge 751bd, which was not the case with the previous UHD X20. I thank you for your availability. I think the next priority is therefore to switch to the zidoo uhd 3000 instead of investing in the Cambridge cxuhd, unless there are any opportunities

20. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Hi all, I've just purchased the UHD3000 as an upgrade from my 10 Pro. I've been experiencing a lot of problems with the scrapers (for both Movies and TV Shows). First of all, scraping has been fairly slow and not so accurate. I didn't have these problems with my 10 Pro and even commented last year about how fast and accurate the scrapers were. Now I've read several threads on this site and have made a few changes in my settings to get my posters to appear quicker and I'm okay with that (although they were faster with my 10 Pro). Now I should mention that I have a lot of movies and tv shows (a little over 3200 bluray and uhd bluray mkv remuxes and 120 tv shows with over 16000 episodes). I had about 200 of the movies that I had to rematch and over 700 tv episodes that I had to rematch. My nomenclature is exactly as described in the Zidoo threads (TMDb Name (year).mkv....also some mp4). I've taken great pains to copy and paste the names directly from the TMDb site. I can rematch most of the failed scrapes, but for some reason, on the TV poster wall, there will be duplicate TV posters with different pictures. For example, Magnum P.I. will have seasons 1 and 2 in one poster and 3 and 4 in another. Now for the most part, I've been able to rematch them in a single poster, but it's a lot of extra work for something that didn't happen with my 10 Pro (or Kodi, Infuse etc.). None of my TV folders have other folders in them so that's not the problem (e.g. all the Magnum PI episodes from 1-4 are in the same folder). I'd really like to know if this is a firmware issue or what. I sure hope this doesn't last forever. Thanks in advance for any guidance someone might be able to provide.