ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I ask what prompted you to change please?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Although using different iterations of motherboard, the Z10 Pro and UHD3000 essentially use the same hardware, firmware, and software - the only differences being in handling analogue audio for music.

Video performance and applications (in this case HT4) are identical so any differences you see can only be to do with firmware versions - for a given firmware version, performance is identical.

Always make sure you use the latest public beta and as far as naming goes, try not to use the year. simply MovieName.ext - the year is only necessary if there are movies of the same title released in different years - for example, Ghostbusters, in which case only the second one would have the year added. For some reason the scraper seems easily confused with numbers, so only use if necessary.

My library is nothing like the size of yours (457 movies, all 4K) but I have tested libraries of 2000 and more (using DVD and 2K rips in addition to 4K) and only generate a handful (less than 20) mismatches when scraping online, and quite a few of those are down to my mis-spelling them, eg. Independance Day instead of Independence Day and the like...

Once I have a clean library I export artwork and NFOs locally so if any rescrapes are necessary (and I do this often in testing!) I can use local assets and always get back to exactly where I was quickly.

3. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

I sold the 10 Pro to try Dune and Zappiti. I decided I preferred the video on the Zidoo so I opted to come back. Got the UHD3000 because I couldn't afford the Neo Alpha.

rozel likes this.
  4. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Thank you for your reply. I deleted my TV show source as I've never been able to completely scrape all of them (9200+/16000+ episodes seems to max them out). After that point, the source says it's still scanning, but it's not. If I try to open All, TV or Unmatched, all I get is waiting to load posters. I've waited for over two hours and still no luck. As soon as I delete the TV source, I can see my movies again. So I've saved my nfo's locally for all my movies as you've suggested. I'm going to delete all my sources and this time start with my TV source. I wonder if there's a limit to the number of episodes one can install. I say that because I've tried a number of times and things stop at that approximate number of 9200+. And I don't believe it has to do with any corruption as all of the files work with Kodi (on PC and Xbox) and Infuse on my Apple TV+. It definitely doesn't like the TV show titled '24'. Most of the posters stay in the unmatched area and I have to rematch them individually. However, I'm an older retired guy so I have the time to play around with this and still have access to my data from other sources. I will try renaming my TV folders and episodes sans the year with the exception of shows like Magnum PI and Outer Limits which have the same names but different remake years.

5. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

A suggestion for your TV Shows would be to install ZDMC (a fork of Kodi 19.4). It should be familiar to you, based on past experience with Kodi and you can have both on your Zidoo. The great thing is if you named everything in the past for Kodi, they should be picked up correctly. I have found for a large library (of both TV and movies) and with a number of sources (NAS's and HDD's), it works much faster and has been more accurate in identifying all my content.

Whilst I do prefer the look of HT4, it is not yet my preferred Zidoo interface for TV or movies.

6. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Thanks Phil181, I will look into that. I did just finish renaming all 16500+ episodes as per Markswift2003's suggestion. I use a Mac program called Renamer and it let me know that what I finished while watching half of a baseball game would have taken 48 hours if done manually. I did re-install all of the TV shows on my Apple TV 4K using Infuse and it caught every single TV show and episode. If I can't it to perform the way I'd like it directly with the Zidoo, I will definitely try ZDMC. Thanks again.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. I have absolutely no motive to undermine your "swap" to the UHD3000, I am just curious.

In your posts you do not appear to be someone who will be attributing a lot of importance to music playing. I am probably totally wrong though but if not, given that the major difference between the Z10 Pro and the UHD3000 is the inclusion of a DAC, I wonder if your choice was because of the benefit of 2 x HDD bays, which to be honest, I would have liked in my 1000 Pro. But the difference in price is quite considerable and wonder therefore what advantages of the UHD3000, nevermind the Alpha lol, prompted you get one, rather than say the cheaper Z10 Pro, which you were familiar with, or maybe, a Z1000 Pro? If you do give importance to music playing, then may I ask if you considered adding an external DAC to a Z10 Pro? You will of course also appreciate that the SOC in all the players are identical as is their Video Playback capabilities. Not one difference between them here.

As I say, I'm just curious, so hope you don't mind me asking.

8. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Hi, Actually I enjoy music quite a bit. I have over 300 different albums comprising of all kinds of genres. I also have a DAC to connect to my UHD3000 (was using it for something else when I had my Z1o Pro). I've not mentioned anything about music because I had no problem importing my albums to the UHD3000, only the TV issue. I may have found a way to work around the TV issue. I will let folks know once I'm finished scanning. I may get a couple of Z9X's for the bedroom and sunroom.

rozel likes this.
  9. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Well, first of all, I want to thank all those on this forum who have tried to help with my situation. Unfortunately, after trying countless ways of uploading my TV shows, I get stopped after about 70% of my shows. And even with those 70%, posters for both movies and TV shows take forever to repopulate. Thanks to Markswift2003, I was able to figure out the best settings, along with the proper way to reset the poster wall. It looks like, unless there is a firmware update that addresses my issues, I'll only be able to use this UHD3000 for my music and movies. I have a fairly large library consisting of 3200+ bluray and uhd movies and 144 TV shows that have 16,700+ episodes. My Apple 4K TV does a fine job with the TV shows, so that's okay. Would be nice to have everything on a single unit though. Thanks again for your efforts and suggestions.

10. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

I'm really thinking that the Zidoo UHD3000 problem that we've been discussing is possibly a firmware/software situation. Phil181 suggested that if my large TV Show dbase would not act properly through the posterwall, I should try the ZDMC (Kodi) app. Initially, I didn't try that because I'm perfectly okay with watching my TV Shows from my Apple TV 4K. But since I'm still trying to learn as much as possible about what the 3000 can and can't do, I decided to try using ZDMC. All 144 TV Shows with all episodes loaded with only one folder that needed to be rematched...and that was due to a year conflict. I will admit though that it took 4-5X longer that using my ATV or Kodi on my PC.

Now here's some things I noticed and am wondering if the above issue could be resolved with firmware. When I was populating my TV Shows through the posterwall, it would populate several different episodes from different TV Shows which is trying to populate 6-9 shows at the same time. Using ZDMC, it populated 1 show at a time and when that was finished it would start the next show. I feel like the first scenario creates 'confusion' for the Zidoo. Both use the same TMDB database and yet one misreads many shows and the other was near perfect. I'm thinking that there is some 'sloppyness' with really large databases. Any ideas about that? Thank you.

11. sergios74

sergios74 New Member

Colleagues, experts, good day to all. On the UHD3000, this setting (which is currently selected) on the DAC, what does it mean? That the output from the DAC will be the same sampling as the original audio file?
    Tell me who knows please.

Attached Files:

12. Jim Sipes

Jim Sipes New Member

Hi all, It has been about a week and a half since I last tried to populate my rather large db of TV shows. I tried dozens of ways, each time while starting with a fresh system. I have over 3200 bluray mkv movies and they populated quickly and with no real problems. My issue has been with my TV show db. I have about 140 show with close to 17000 episodes. I renamed all of my shows with the following format: Main Folder (TV Shows)> {TV Show name folder}>{TV Show name S01E01}. Each individual show folder under the Main Folder follows the same format. The show names are copied and pasted directly from the TVDb website.

As I tried to populate them into the UHD3000, it would go only so far and then stop with a non-stop message of 'waiting to load posters' or something close to that. Meanwhile, I could not move on from that point. I could not see any of my movies. I had to delete all my TV sources and start over again. I do not remember having any of these issues when I still have my Z10 Pro. I was able to install ZDMC and all my TV shows populated with no problems other than the inordinate amount of time it took. So after so many tries to get this to work properly, I finally gave up and decided to watch my TV shows with Infuse (Apple TV 4K).

Yesterday, I decided to try again, this time with making a minor change. My main source TV Show folder was titled 'TV Shows01". So what I did was created 3 new source folders on my NAS...TV Shows1, TV Shows2 and TV Shows3. Then I started to move my shows from the original folder to TV Shows1 (one show at a time) until I reached approx. 7000 episodes. Then I moved to TV Shows2 and then TV Shows3. It took 2 full days to populate this way, but it now works perfectly.

It seems that on my UHD3000, installing shows one at at time works better. Unfortunately, I discovered after about 2/3 of the way, I could have added one show to each of the 3 folders at a time and each would wait until the first was finished before opening the next. I could have gotten it all done a whole lot quicker if I had known that earlier.

So it appears that none of my files were corrupted which I thought could have been a possibility with so many episodes. Since I did not have this problem with my previous model last year, do you think this is likely a firmware issue with how the Zidoo addresses the TVDb? I would really like to know. Has anyone else who has a large TV show db had a problem like this.

13. Meyrink

Meyrink New Member

Congratulations on your purchase :(

Attached Files:

14. jpgeek70

jpgeek70 New Member

Hi,
    I have recently purchased the Z1000PRO and i am doing several Audio & Image quality vs my OPPO203
    unfortunately the Z1000Pro is not good at all about the Audio in Movies and HiRes files in HDMI vs my Oppo203, lack of dynamics and depth
    is the UHD3000 better of i need to focus and the Neo X or Alpha to equal as my Oppo203 ?

15. Alfaprimo

Alfaprimo Member

Hello everyone, I just bought a used Zidoo UGD3000. Unfortunately HDMI audio doesn't work, no sound. I tried reinstalling the software by flashing and updating to the latest software version, to no avail. I need to use HDMI audio as my Cambridge audio CXR200 amplifier does not handle HDR. Do you know how to solve? Could it be a software problem? Hardware? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

16. mahbazmi

mahbazmi New Member

Hi there,
    suddenly Movie Poster screen is crashing every time i am trying to access on Zidoo UHD3000. i use to have this issue with Zidoo Z10pro. but now it started with UHD3000 as well! any suggestion to sort this problem!

thanks
    Aziz