ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Arun Reginald

Arun Reginald New Member

I almost ordered the UHD3000 in the U.K. Seeing all the issues the player is having need advice as to whether it is better to stick with the Z1000 pro? Is that player. more stable than the UHD3000? Quite disappointing that they rush an unfinished product like this to the market at. this price point. With physical media slowly dying these players have a great potential. Sad to. see these companies don't value the market potential.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    ThomasN and Osmar like this.
  2. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

If my UHD3000 is as it should be I would recommend you to wait. To buggy to be released for sale at the moment.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It depends a bit what you expect it to do for you. Playing movies works as good as on other Zidoo models as long as your HDD is not above 10 TByte (that is a very nasty bug indeed). If you play music using Music Player 6 that works well sound quality and stability wise. Also switching 2CH DAC mode and MCH HDMI mode works very well and easy. Music Player APP's like UAPP work well with it too provided USB output is not tried. The Music Library stuff needs still a way to go but I can live without that myself for instance. For me it is not a bad buy at all but it has a lot more potential. Definitely better than UHD2000 as-is even today.

Will do some more testing this weekend on it. I am really expecting an update at least fixing some items on the list. I will wait with any review till at least the next update ironing out some day-zero problems.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    DELUCAS likes this.
  4. Tako

Tako New Member

Hallo everybody,
    I also purchased a UHD3000 as sucessor for my Himedia Q10 Pro MP.
    And, .. of course not without any problems.

First problem was that the UHD3000 did not recognised a 6TB HDD.
    That is now solved with the explanation from "Nice Monkey": 512 versus 4Kn. The 6TB was a 4Kn. My other HDD's are 4TB and are 512 bytes per sector.
    Now a know what to purcgase next time.

The other, and most main problem for me is, that, when I play my movies (shot with Panasonic GH5 and HC-X1 in 3840/2160@50Fps and 150Mbs) the replay is not smooth, it stutters ( dont know if that is englisch).
    For example if an object in the movie is in the distance, than it is 99% correct. If the object is closing in like a train, it start to stutter (s).
    The Himedia is playing these files well.

I have try out also the settings of "Markswift 2003".

FW is v6.0.90
    Is this a FW issue?

Thanks for any replay.

Greatings from the Netherlands
    Marcel

gymnos likes this.
  5. Tako

Tako New Member

Forgot to say that the UHD3000 feels very solid.

6. Nice Monkey

Did a lot of listening this weekend including on a friends installation. Will include the results in the review but I can tell the player produces really a very good sound also when compared with far more expensive brands.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback

if I understand well we can say that for the price, it's a good deal ?

8. Nice Monkey

I would even say it gives incredible sound for the bucks. :cool:

The FW is still not always very predictable when doing things: The Zidoo Controller APP can handle only a limited few hundreds of entries per folder it seems? It refused to play any DSF title from an UPnP Server but when moved to a SATA HDD no problem whatsoever etc. Just to mention a few odd new things seen today. :(

My biggest UHD3000 specific problem is crashing on my 12 TByte HDD's (yes 512e and working fine with Z9X) which I have 6 units. :mad:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  9. OlivierQC

Sorry for your HDD problem, it's frustrating, especially when you know it works on a Z9X :mad:

If I understand well for the other problems, it's still the same unfinished FW song as for the previous generations of Zidoo Audiophile devices, small problems here and there that will probably never be solved. , It's frustrating with a device that costs 1000 US$ :(

It will surely be better with the next generation in 2022...

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will solve the HDD issue.

Nice Monkey likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

Thanks! Good to know.

Will 4Kn HDD's be supported in the future too?

12. OlivierQC

Hello,

When zidoo UHD3000 meets BURMASTER

I specify that this is not my installation. :(

The DAC is enabled to allow the ES9068 to decode via a balanced output. Low pulses are tight, medium and high are warm and balanced, and the air is immediately recognizable. Full of emotion, time stands still in the beautiful music.

See you

13. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

Strange stuff... I really wonder what BURMASTER is? is that a cheap copy of Burmeister? :)

Once the UHD-3000 start working as it should I might praise it as well, but for now I think it's just to buggy to be out on the market. Not everyone seems to be as affected as me. But Zidoo still don't think that it is anything wrong with the unit itself.

14. OlivierQC

Probably a typo

Bursmaster instead Burnmester

--------

you don't seem to be the only one who thinks that

see you

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

Thanks for your opinion, every year the same problem, new players with an amazing hardware but plenty of bugs, issues, etc.

I will continue using my old Dune Smart D1.

16. Lugie

Lugie New Member

I have played around with my UHD3000 for one day and these are the problems I have found so far.

It can't handle any streaming services app. It might start playing but the decoding looks horrible and then crashing.

Apps are crashing all the time.

Installing D+ streaming app make the app page corrupt so you can't access it.

It wont play my ts file with the following spec inside default player only in MX Player Pro, 1920x1080i 25fps AVC High422 L4.1 BT.709 8bit.

Some apps start in portrait mode before chaning to landscape.

The Zidoo v9 Air Mouse work mostly but in some places you can't click with the mouse coursor.

In the Dolphine browser you can't press and drag to scroll on a webpage with the air mouse. And if you just use the up and down buttons you can get stuck in a typing field and the keyboard comes up on your screen.

Very dissapointed so far, if the player can't handle a streaming app like Hulu and cost a $1000 why would you even consider buying it? Other cheap brands do it alot better. I have a HiMedia Q10 Pro and been using it for years now and it have handled almost every thing perfectly. The reason I wanted to upgrade was because the Q10 Pro started to be slow.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  17. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I have issues with 12 tb USB external hard drive freezing up the system. Doesn't freeze up when using 8tb usb external hd.

18. Nice Monkey

Good to know it happens also with USB External. The problem with drives > 10 TByte is well known and promised to be solved soon. See above.

@Lugie;
    Will try to reproduce a few things.

I am also surprised that UHD3000 behaves differently to the other new models with the same FW version. Obviously it has a different motherboard layout but the SOC is still identical. I expect this to be solved quick.

19. Nomad

Nomad New Member

Is it worth taking the plunge and buying this box?? I will be replacing an aging popcornhour a-400 for playing MKV films rips in various sound formats DD, DD+, Atmos, DTS etc on LG OLED and atmos soundbar. I'm also interested in loading up in excess of 5K albums to play on my Naim HIFi.
    The player looks well designed but I want a product that "does what it says on the tin" and works out of the box. Reading this forum, there seems to be more bugs than an ant farm at the moment, which may or may not be rectified by firmware sometime in the future. Looking for some advice here!!

Anthemman likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Interesting question as I did some A/B testing on a top of the line Naim setup just this weekend. Even compared with a very expensive Naim Streamer with also a very expensive External PSU. The sound produced with UHD3000 was almost identical for both PCM and DSD titles. It took us real careful listening to spot any difference in sound at all. That UHD3000 DAC is really good!

The Naim Streamer was setup to use an UPnP server (does not support anything else) which caused a problem for UHD3000 as it refused to play SACD DSF (Naim does not support SACD ISO) via UPnP. Moved to a SATA HDD also DSF played from UHD3000 just fine obviously needed that for A/B listening tests.

The Music Player will play perfectly any album once started but player handling and info displayed is for sure not flawless. Don't use the library at all just use the file manager for album selection myself till now.

Regarding MKV it most likely will all work just fine as long as you don't expect to include DV in all formats. There is a long list of problems but most don't apply to most of us.