ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Nice Monkey,

Cool, it would be a good thing that you make an evaluation of this product, it would surely interest some people on the forums homecinema-fr and hd.club.tw

2. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

Does anyone know how to get this player to actually play Dolby Vision files as Dolby Vision?
    All the Dolby Vision files I have are MP4 files, but they all play as HDR10 on the UHD3000.

JosephB. likes this.
  3. ThomasN

ThomasN New Member

I find it very strange to change the ES9068 chip to ES9026PRO.
    The ES9068 has internal coding of MQA and different filters, so there have to be done a lot of changes to make this work.
    Even Zidoo have not made the UHD3000 bug free yet. Mine are starting to get better now with FW 6.1.07, but still a way to go.

I know most companies are getting better results with the ES9026PRO than what they di with the ES9038PRO, so that one is understandable.

But looking at GUSTARD DAC-X16 with Two ES9068AS are blowing any of the ES9026PRO and ES9038PRO dacs away if you just look at measurements.

WhiteShmoo likes this.
  4. Hugh

Hugh New Member

nhtdm, between UHD3000 and Dune HD Max Vision 4K, which one have a better quality in contrast and black levels for movies?

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I guess that's the way they were encoded to mp4. If you wrapped the original sourcematerial in a MKV container might be more consistent. If you post a MediaInfo file report that may shed some light on your problem. (use Tree mode text then you can simply copy and paste the info.)

JosephB. likes this.
  6. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

With LLDV enable on both players, some how I still like the Dune HD Max Vision over UHD3000 in contrast and black levels for all 720p, 1080p and 2160p movies. UHD3000 only plays my audio files and Dune Max Vision movies every night !

7. Hugh

Hugh New Member

I watch alot of movies, almost every night myself. So Dune max vision would be for me. I rarely ever play my audio files. I have the uhd3000 and to me the picture quality was ok. I guess I'll be getting the Dune max vison.

8. Netmask

What I don't understand in this MP4 file ID1 is
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    and ID2 is
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels

Also why would ID3 the audio show as
    Format : DTS XLL
    But you say
    "the sound is also showing as AAC 2.0 (only one track available.)"

It would be interesting if the original source material could be ripped to a MKV container
    using MKVToolNix

So when playing this file the machine defaults to ID1 video or "HDR format : SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible"

Whilst ID2 is the
    "HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, EL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible"

But it's resolution is 1920 x 1080

To my mind there is something wrong with the way the original material was encoded to MP4.

My previous experience with several media players has meant I have avoided MP4 in favour of MKV but that's just a personal preference.
    https://github.com/ietf-wg-cellar/matroska-specification/pull/390

and more commentary

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18890

9. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

@ThomasN please don't post any stuff related to illegal content.

10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

Because it's Dolby Vision FEL

11. Netmask

But there are 2 apparent video files within the MKV container. The Dolby Vision ie ID2 is 1920 x 1080 or Blu ray standard whilst the main video ID1 is correctly 3840 x 2160 ie UHD. This would seem to indicate this rip is possibly faulty as if you wanted Dolby vision you would have to select a lower resolution version? So another question which program was used to rip from the original UHD discs? Was it MakeMKV or DVDFab etc. When playing back in most media players a MKV file one can select alternative audio or subtitle tracks but not normally video, although this is possible according to the MKV standards. I have a few Dolby Vision rips and there is only one Video component, normally identified as ID1. As soon as you load them the colour balance of the TV changes along with contrast and brightness in my SONY 75" Android TV.

So I'm assuming the 1920 x 1080 must be the "enhancement layer and the full UHD 3840 x 2160 is the base layer ?
    As soon as I get my UHD player for my PC I will do a few rips with MakeMKV and see what happens..

12. Hugh

Hugh New Member

nhtdm, I just order Dune HD vision from futeko, question for you, does it support forced sub just like UHD3000?

13. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

I don't use subtitle too often, but never have any problem with it.
    Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray, TS, MKV)

14. Hugh

Hugh New Member

nhtdm, I got the player in and been using it for the last 4 days and you're right, for movies its great. But the UI isn't so great. UHD3000 UI is much better. Trade off I guess.

15. Hugh

Hugh New Member

any one having trouble playing ISO 3D files? I can't play them on the UHD3000 but on the Dune HD vision 4K it play just fine.

16. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

There are some capabilities and functions of Dune HD Max Vision that UHD3000 doesn't have. And vice versa. I love media-players since 2008 and used to own DViCo TViX, Popcorn Hour and Dune. You should keep both player to have the best of both worlds

17. romoror

romoror New Member

"Hugh, príspevok: 149139, člen: 68390"] niekto, kto má problémy s prehrávaním súborov 3D 3D? Nemôžem ich hrať na UHD3000, ale na Dune HD vision 4K to hrá v pohode.
    it is the same for me

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  18. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

I’m having problem trying to get sound out of the unbalanced RCA output from the DAC output of my Zidoo UHD-3000. Ive connected it to one of the Analog inputs on my Denon X8500 AVR but no sound. But if I connect my Topping E30 USB DAC to Zidoo UHD-3000 and select DAC output to internal player but connect the 2 RCA cables to my AVR from the Topping DAC instead of Zidoo, it worked. In gist, is my DAC output having some issue here? It can’t be Topping USB DAC is working while Zidoo RCA DAC output isn’t when all connections are the same.

19. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You read and applied this one?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...useful-stuff-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    Please use a simple 2CH Music MP3/FLAC for testing. DAC output set to Internal Player obviously.

Raymond Lim and gymnos like this.
  20. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member