ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

99F5BF6C-4088-4800-89A9-50814D6D881B.jpeg 703C435B-DD5E-43AE-A84F-E5DE5C185F99.jpeg Coming soon .

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    gymnos likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The specs are known: 4 GByte RAM, 32 GByte Flash, RTD1619DR, ESS9068 (with MQA) and far from trivial an extra external USB slave input port for the DAC.

What we are waiting for is Date and above all Price. Even Futeko is waiting for those.
    My guess it will be around € 50,- above UHD2000 like all other models.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  3. DELUCAS

December release date :

Nicholas Stewart likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

It is back on Futeko again:
    https://www.futeko.com/products/MP110.php
    Price is as expected (you need to add VAT to it) and all specifications confirmed inclusive USB DAC external input.

No picture of the back yet to see those USB ports and the exact versions: 4x output + 1x input total?

Too late for a Christmas gift though. First shipment early January.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    gymnos likes this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's my birthday in January.... :D

6. Nice Monkey

Would be a nice gift. If you get one somebody must be really loving you. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Nicholas Stewart likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

61CCE2CE-2B7F-4872-8950-85979566CA80.jpeg

leviathan likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

OK Thanks! ;)

It got a new and it seems even further enhanced Linear PSU. Looks e.g. like a Talema toroidal transformer being used to me. I expect the fan to be swapped for one making less noise? :)

Really nice build. :cool:
    The only restriction is that it does not use an 8 channel SABRE PRO chip. Top designs use even 2 of these being one for each channel.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  9. Sampinto89

Sampinto89 Member

It looks like I'm upgrading from UHD2000 quicker than expected... Lets wait and see what the reviews say.

10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

So in the UK that's £667 + 20% VAT which makes it about £800 (and possibly higher after Brexshit when the pound drops even further :mad:) .... Wow!!! Only for the rich then?

11. DELUCAS

Well some voted Brexit and did not realise everything including the Kitchen sink will go up in price .
    Fingers crossed there is a deal .
    Its £799.00
    And possible overseas people may get it cheaper ?

Mabon likes this.
  12. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not if we negate our own exclusive trade deal with China. we will be free to do so remember.

13. DELUCAS

The uk may well do but it be irrelevant as in purchasing the Zidoo media player as hearing there putting there prices up so ...........
    The uk has had what 3 years to negotiate a trade deal just in case we do leave .........but we have heard of nothing of .

in fact Businesses have been told to prepare themselves for what ?
    Leave ?
    For a trade deal ?
    Its a total failure by the govt .

just hope for both parts there is a deal or prices will go up on nearly everything sadly .

14. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Our prices are staying the same in GBP. (excepting the small increase due to Zidoo increasing their factory price)

The difference is that all our prices for European Union delivery will be without VAT, so they appear 20% cheaper. This has happened because the UK is leaving the much discussed but little understood 'EU Customs Union'.

Responsibility for collecting any tax due now passes to the destination country, the same as when we sell to the US, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Australia etc etc. In many cases it will cost more than is recouped to collect the small amount of VAT due, so the logical thing would be not to collect it at all (as in the US for items worth below $750). If this happens then buying from the UK will be significantly cheaper for EU customers.

More info about Brexit and how it affects us here: https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=4951.msg32243#new

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Mabon and DELUCAS like this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Rather than discuss Brexit issues and the launch of another very expensive "Beta Product", Zidoo really need to sort the issues out with the existing 3 new products and discussions ought to be focussed accordingly

16. DELUCAS

Thanks for the clarification
    So i was right a slight increase coming from the Zidoo range in the future .

Nicholas Stewart and Mabon like this.
  17. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

I assume you mean "negotiate"???

So turn our backs on our nearest neighbours and biggest trading partner and rely on trade deals with a country on the other side of the planet with an "unpredictable" regime ;). That is fantasy economics, so beloved by the uneducated Brexshit voters :mad:.

To mark the UK leaving the EU, I suggest the United Kingdom be renamed the "Free United Kingdom With Independent Trading Status" and our citizens be known throughout the world as citizens of the "Free United Kingdom With Independent Trading Status" or FUKWITS for short :mad:!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  18. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Why :mad:? The cost of these items affects all UK members of this site! Are you a moderator? Do you have the authority to set the rules on this site?

DELUCAS likes this.
  19. DELUCAS

Why oh Why when a thread is started to discuss a product or new ideas to add to zidoo .......many post a complete opposite and request fix a,y,or z in a thread .

This thread is to discuss a new model and what its cabable of plus poss price increase and anything else people want to discuss about the UHD 3000 Model .

There are hundreds of other threads on fix other models post there .

Mabon likes this.
  20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Why oh why do we need another Beta Product when we have 3 already? No of course I'm not a moderator - just wish these Forums had one - I'm expressing opinion - and I've already asked twice do all (and I mean all) members pay for their Zidoo's but all I seem to get is silence - leaving me and I daresay others to speculate. I think I'm raising valid questions.

darkeyes909 likes this.