ZIDOO UHD 3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Nov 29, 2020.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If your not happy with your Purchase make your own thread a winge and moan there or post on other threads on how to fix .

there loads just dont need on a new thread its pointless .
    People get more confused and a thread becomes irrelevant on whatever its about .

Mabon likes this.
  2. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

:) Agreed! It's not up to us to dictate what models Zidoo should or should not produce. I am VERY impressed with my Z1000 Pro!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    DELUCAS likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

56067B47-F439-4C7C-8E9F-49B17B87B75A.png Back on Topic .

gymnos likes this.
  4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Still on Topic ...................

@DELUCAS - clearly you want to make this personal by accusing me of whinging and moaning - I most certainly am not doing so, just stating fact and observations as far as I can - I'm gleaning from the numerous threads on these forums. The three models so far can only be described as "Beta Players" as they still only have beta firmware installed on them. The supposedly forthcoming UHD 3000 will also have beta firmware so this player too will be a beta player. I think members need to realise this before shelling out over £700 for one. How on earth this is whinging and moaning is anyones guess!

@Mabon - And who exactly is "dictating"? I think you need to choose your language carefuly. I too am very impressed with my Z1000 Pro but it still has beta firmware installed on it - it was originally despatched with beta firmware and the firmwares released since have all been beta too.

So I say again, until the current firmwares have moved to "Official", I am asking (not dictating) if we need the UHD 3000? Indeed after reading these forums, would anyone shell out so much money for one right now?

darkeyes909, gogo789 and leviathan like this.
  5. DELUCAS

If your are not sattisfied with your beta product start your own thread up clearly stating your issues and what Zidoo need to do plus pre worn people these are beta products and dont buy them if you so wish .

That will leave this thread clear so others can concentrate on those that are intrested in upgrading or curious on what the UHD3000 has in spec wise .

This thread is not forcing anyone to purchase the UHD3000 just to inform a new Model is coming
    Beta or not .
    We all make a choice in life .
    Or otherwise this thread will just turn in to another fix this & fix that thread which there are numerous ones for that already .

Mabon likes this.
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

You have COMPLETELY missed the point. I have no issues whatsoever - why do you keep saying I have? Given this is a new product still to arrive on the market, this is the correct thread in which to pre-warn people these are beta products. And you have lost me with your argument.

No this thread looks like a "Sales Pitch" from a "Beta-Tester". Why not come off the fence and answer the question I have raised at least three times now and confirm whether or not "Beta Testers" pay for their Zidoo products? Yes or no?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

Ah The truth comes out at last !!

so you have no issues whatsover as you have said .

So its all about if beta Testers pay for there products then yes or No
    and you believe that this thread looks like a sales pitch then

is it that what its all about then ?

Mabon likes this.
  8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@DELUCAS - you leave me with no alternative but to ask you to answer my question, which once again you haven't answered. And yes it does look like a sales pitch IMHO and not just on these forums either. I ask because of the way you have responded to my posts on this thread. You are trying to make it personal and rubbish what I am saying.

However there's no getting around the fact that the UHD 3000 will be a very expensive Beta Player and that, is what I was expressing an opinion on in my initial post.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  9. DELUCAS

@rozel yes it does look like a sales pitch IMHO and not just on these forums either.

Well @rozel hate to dissapoint you but your WRONG !
    Can someone not be intrested in a product or products and post about it ?

So lets move on and discuss the new UHD3000 player as thats what this thread is all about .

Mabon likes this.
  10. Mabon

Mabon Active Member

Paranoia :eek:???

11. vipkekko

vipkekko Member

quando sara' disponibile??

12. DELUCAS

January on 2021 release date its looking like .

13. DELUCAS

[/ATTACH] 035BA840-6063-4327-8E41-6FAF15C3D0F7.png 8ABB3621-BE4F-4940-A79B-A8C83917085F.png 1F0E6F74-1491-48DD-9DAB-4262744BC41E.png upload_2020-12-15_9-15-40.png Confirmed Spec :

Functional overview

*430mm standard size, excellent texture with all-aluminum alloy brushed panel, frosted upper cover, thickened bottom and shockproof foot pad.
    *A new generation of Realtek RTD1619 DR hexa-core 64-bit A55 CPU with larger bus processing capacity and faster computing efficiency.
    *4G DDR4 + 32GB eMMC large memory, 64-bit bandwidth, system is fluent.
    *XMOS+ESS9068 DAC supports hard decoding MQA/DSD512/PCM 768KHz 32Bit.
    *Supporting MQA, SACD ISO (stereo), DSF, DFF, WAV, FLAV etc. and seamless playback and CUE track.
    *Supporting USB DAC in as good as high end audio decoders, it is also compatible with Windows 7/10, MAC OS and Android.
    *High-quality switching power supply + large toroidal linear power supply, which is specially designed for audio and video circuits independently to ensure strong power source and good signal output.
    *High-fidelity audio decoding supports XLR full balance and RCA analog audio output.
    *Dual HDMI audio and video separate output can enjoy 4K video and HD audio at the same time without upgrading AV amplifier.
    *Android 9.0 operating system has significantly improved system performance and stability, the operation is more free and smooth.
    *Large LED display panel, dual hidden NSS patented HDD bays and each HDD bay support capacity up to 16TB.
    *The built-in VS10 image quality engine supports Dolby Vision processing and mapping any image to colors similar to Dolby Vision, which greatly improves the image quality.
    *HDMI 2.0 supports 4K 60Hz point-to-point output, HDR (HDR10/HLG/HDR10+/Dolby Vision), 12Bit, BT.2020 wide color range and YCbCr 4:4:4 color space. Supporting outputting raw three-dimensional multi-channel audio format based on object.
    *Processing HDR10 static metadata (MaxFall, MaxCll) more accurately which shows higher brightness and deeper black level.
    *Supporting acquiring and processing HDR10+ dynamic metadata, colors and brightness are obtained frame by frame and scene by scene.
    *More advanced Dolby Vision technology supports high-quality Dolby Vision low latency (LLDV) output, which can output the most suitable brightness for each frame and scene, shadow is darker while highlight is brighter, vision effect is amazing.
    *Automatic frame rate 23.976 and resolution ensures smooth movie playback without interruption.
    *Supporting external BD/DVD (unencrypted)/CD discs and CD ripping.
    *Complete BD/BD3D/UHD Blu-ray menu playback and Blu-ray seamless branching playback are supported.
    *Almost all common 3D video formats could be played, including MVC 3D (Blu-ray, MKV).
    *Graphics special effects subtitles are supported and subtitles brightness can be adjusted. Subtitles can be downloaded. Zidoo is the only one among the field to support BLURAY and MKV forced subtitle.
    *Roon Ready and Spotify music streaming and high-definition online video playback are supported. DRM Widevine L1 is also supported.
    *Home Theater app supports automatic poster scanning, movie trailers and custom classification and management.
    *The newly upgraded version of Music Player supports seamless playback, personalized configuration, associated lyrics and songs matching.
    *Standard WOL works well. Zidoo can be integrated into smart home with Control4 OS 3.0 control system (on/off can be controlled).
    *Supporting the exclusive Zidoo Controller APP for iOS and Android mobile phones, which can seamlessly play and control Zidoo media players (on/off can be controlled).

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    fedofed likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks for the pictures including the back. It just is a pity no USB3c port was included but anyway 4 USB ports is generous. I do like the allocation of the RCA outputs now clearly bundled with XLR on the DAC panel. Also the upgrade of the Linear PSU is very welcome and should be boosting the Audio quality produced by the latest ESS DAC used. Interesting to see it has detachable external antennas again which are kept relative small.

I am not so sure to read it correctly that it also has an increase in A55 CPU clock-rate and bus capacity? Or is this just comparing with old UHD2000?

Very nice player! :cool: Now just waiting for shipments as prices are known. :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  15. DELUCAS

added one more :)
    and it be on Zidoo site shortly

16. Nice Monkey

Just wondering if the display now has an ICON for the DAC when in use. Really missed that one when switching outputs using a borrowed UHD2000 from a friend. "No sound" oh yes the AMP should be switched to Analog from HDMI or visa versa. Will happen to all when using it for both MCH via HDMI and 2CH via the DAC toggling output modes as I do. A DAC/Analog ICON could help there.

I see Futeko put it on pre-order which means they got a first shipment date (January 6th).
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Product/index/model/UHD3000/target/JslBV16DI5FKKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    An there it finally is officially too.

Frankly never understood why Zidoo updates their own site always very late.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  17. Nice Monkey

The FW is always very similar not calling it identical for all players from Zidoo. Just Music Player must be a more advanced version amongst others dealing with USB Input and Gapless playback.
    You pay extra here mainly for the more advanced HiFi hardware which is really state of the art. Price/performance is excellent I think even taking into account the FW being still in full development.

First time you may also use the DAC with any other platform capable to output sound via USB. You then only use the excellent HW for reproduction using it just like an external DAC. A Tablet or Smart Phone with a suitable APP on it will do just fine. You can also run such an APP on the Zidoo itself.
    https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3868.0
    Just read that to get an idea.

If you are not into playing Music with it go for a Z1000 Pro instead. If you use a pure Stereo Setup also for movies then it will also produce excellent sound for that.

Would love to get my hands on one trying various setups.

18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

@ICU2018

In short, yes you will have the same problems as with a Z9X for example.

See you

19. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Zidoo Team must decided if Dolby Vision is an experimental or supported functionality before start adverting a new high-end device on that SoC with DV functionality.

darkeyes909, Osmar and Lony like this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Sounds far easier than it actually is. There is not such a thing like a DV functionality. There is a big family of DV modes with some dialects of some of those with e.g. MEL, FEL and LLDV. Zidoo took that challenge which for now is just a burden to meet customer expectations of it all working with any TV labeled DV capable. My expectation is that it will take a (very) long time to become clear what will be supported functionality per DV mode in combination with the various DV labeled TV's/Projectors and DV enabled streaming APP's. :(

Not even speaking of VS10 SDR => HDR conversions which is a different always experimental functionality as it not a standard but just an image processing feature. This is similar to the many found on TV's which you may like or not like. My experience is that high-end TV's do an excellent job with image processing and mostly I turn such image enhancement features off on my media players and let my TV do those inclusive upscaling. :p

I am giving it a year and maybe I will by then swap my HDR10 only TV for a DV (what ever that means by then) plus HDR10+ and HLG capable new TV.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020