Beta version v6.3.98 for Z9X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 29, 2022.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror, I know Zidoo put a lot of effort to CEC. Outside of turn on all devices all the time glitch it's a good feature and many customers appreciate the effort that went into it. I get custom buttons passed through to my TV remote from Zidoo. Can you add "Media Info" function to custom buttons? It's a great function but only available from the new Zidoo remote (not even from original small X9S no backlight remote). I use media info function a lot and making it part of custom buttons would bring it to my TV remote.

Thank you in advance.

2. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Thanks Mark for the huge and professional response to my question!
    This is great!
    But the magic disappears. In addition, I have a large collection and a lot of hdd. And if I do this, then I will become a patient of the clinic "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
    Or I'll be "Rain Man"

In any case, thank you!

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  3. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

With Dune, online trailers also work, I don't think Zidoo developers are any worse than Dune's. It must be possible for it to work again.

vddan, dwalme and serg fedorov like this.
  4. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Here!!! Thanks a lot! I think so too.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I got local trailers and more importantly, the local trailers only button added because I saw this coming as soon as online trailers were introduced. And if they fix it this time it’ll only happen again.

I much prefer to use local content in every way possible so that exposure of my library’s integrity is limited as much as possible from the vagaries of the internet and content providers.

Also the quality of online trailers varies dramatically, often with stupid additions at the start or end for game tie ins for example. Or bluray splash screens etc - If I’m sitting in the cinema I want the theatrical trailer without any fluff and because I get to choose the file, that’s exactly what I get.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003, there is nothing better than local trailers, selectively picked with good quality for all favourite movies. However I also run into movies that would like to know if this is something I want to watch or even delete from my collection. It’s not worth in this case to look for, download and rename the trailer. Quick online preview would do. I’m willing to take my time and do API keys from my account to keep the online trailers going.

Bill-Z9X and serg fedorov like this.
  7. Markswift2003

I’ll see what I can find out next week

Bill-Z9X, 3DBuff and serg fedorov like this.
  8. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Something strange happened watching a new movie last night. This is a DV title and using the LLDV setting along with a VRROOM ( with Markswift2003 supplied EDID) and Q90R TV.

About half way through the picture started brightening or darkening several times, culminating in a flash of what looked like pink. I had no idea what this was all about so I rebooted the Z9X and picked it up where I left off. No issues through the end of the movie after the reboot.

This is the first time I've seen anything like this using the LLDV setup, but it was the first movie I've watched on 6.3.98 firmware. I only just updated a few days ago from 6.3.92.

Ideas???

9. Markswift2003

Yep - dodgy RPU - what you describe is exactly what can happen when the RPU is corrupt.

10. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I'm getting an Audio delay with some files... DV profile 5 MKV. Only happens with movies with the same profile.

11. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

And that means what exactly? ;) Anything I can do on my end or is it hardware/firmware?

12. Markswift2003

RPU (Reference Picture Unit or Reference Processing Unit - believe it or not, even Dolby can't decide what it's called!!!) is basically the bit of the Dolby Vision signal that carries the Dolby Vision metadata - bottom line, it's a dodgy file.

13. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Ah. I will re-rip this bad boy and hope for the best. Thanks sir.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Look into running radarr as a docker and amtd as a docker if you are so inclined. Automatic trailer fill with a little bit of work. I pulled them for over 2k 1500 or so films between 3d iso, 4k bdmv . maybe more. I ran two instances of the app to account for duplicate issue within the 4k / 3d category. radarr does not handle duplicate format. but what it does do a good job of is matching film, quickly and then amtd ( automatic movie trailer download) does the heavy lifting on the back end. For ones that amtd does not catch, you can click on the trailer link in radarr on the film and grab it that way with save to chrome extension as markswift2003 mentioned. Warning: It does not pull disney trailers for me, If that is something you can live with and dl yourself , its pretty useful. Also it does not like bdmv folders, but if you prefer those over iso, you can just dump a zero byte file in there called test.mkv and it will pull the trailer at the root of the movie title folder. ( used a program called fileboss trial to do this. copied zero byte mkv to 400 some folders. Used another program called advanced renamer to rename the oddball trailers to the directory name. using directory name to filme name (with -trailer.mkv appended to the end. making fully compliant trailers for either kodi or poster using local trailer in directory. I bet i am down to missing about 150 trailers now. some foreign films etc, but amtd allows you to select trailers, extras and what language filters you want. Pretty detailed in the environment variables if you want to automate it. Docker, if not aware is a program that runs on many NAS units such as synology, asustore, unraid, qnapp, freenas etc.

Good Luck, it will take some work but like mark says once you get the heavy lifting done, and get on track life can be good again, no lag, buffering, trailer issues from firmware to firmware which we know zidoo is struggling with.

Hey Zidoo, Why not just let us use our own YT api? like kodi and others. same with rotten tomatoes and imdb. I am down with that!

serg fedorov likes this.
  15. Nicholas Hewitt

Can somebody check there dolby vision profile 5 mkv's to see if there is an audio delay? Don't all answer at once.... Please and thank you.

16. Markswift2003

Nope - nothing at all - can you post a file clip that has this issue?

17. Nicholas Hewitt

It happens with files that converted from mp4 to mkv with mkvtoolnix. Don't know why though. all the disney pixar profile 5 mkv's have this issue not the mp4's. Also if I take the mp4 and add the TrueHD in MKVToolnix and make it into an mkv, it also has the audio delay. It does not matter what release I get the truehd from, they all have the audio delay.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  18. Markswift2003

You're kidding right?

You can't just take a soundtrack from one file and remux with video from another and expect them to be in sync o_O.

Audio from a BD release will never be in sync with that of a web release for example! They come from completely different sources with different intros, different studio idents etc etc...

If you want to take a TrueHD track from a BD and mux to another release you have to do it in an NLE and sync the audio manually and inevitably trim either video or audio from one or the other.

Phil181 and AngryVirginian like this.
  19. Nicholas Hewitt

Yes, but even the eac3 that came with the web release is out of sync

20. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

All due respect, you can. It just takes a few tries & a little patience to get it right.
    I've remuxed BD audio into Web-DL files quite a few times successfully using tools like MKVToolnix & AVIDemux to adjust the audio offset as necessary when muxing. There have only been one or two occasions where I haven't been able to get an exact sync.

xskip likes this.