Beta version v6.3.92 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO S/NEO X release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Apr 1, 2022.

1. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Yes I bought that lindy one
    You can find it on amazon. Just search for lindy cec blocker

rozel likes this.
  2. muha

muha Active Member

Whatever is changed concerning .ass subs it is now crashing video player to the point where entire unit freezes.

3. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I am also looking forward to the firmware that will fix all these CEC bugs. Despite the disabled CEC in the zidoo settings, there are some disturbances in the AVR operation: sometimes the ARC audio channel from the TV is blocked (the AVR display shows "Analog"). I have to then either exit standby mode or unplug the zidoo from power.

4. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

For me personally, as a person who bought the products of this manufacturer, I am not interested in the innovation of new functions, which most users do not need from the word at all. For example, can I turn off the backlight of the bulbs, you know where. First of all, I am interested in full localization into my language and the correction of what has already been said more than once. Be kind and listen to those who buy and have bought your products.

vddan likes this.
  5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Did you revise the HDMI cable quality in the route? Apparently it seems an common issue generated by a low quality cable.

sojer2005 likes this.
  6. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I'm pretty sure this is not caused by HDMI cables. I only use reasonably priced, certified cables that are good quality.

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Definitely not - CEC will work on a damp piece of string!

8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

CEC is the work of the devil! Too be avoided at all costs.... I've turned it off on my TV, BeyonWiz and Zidoo. More than happy to handle 3 or 4 remotes.

9. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I turned off CEC in zidoo, I don't need it on this one. But still something seems to be leaking through HDMI ;)

10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Glad to see the word spreading ;)

rozel likes this.
  11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Hello. There was a following problem. I copy any movie to HDD then scan it in the cinema, but now the cover definition server doesn't find any movie. For example Reservoir Dogs. Something with the cover server?

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

CEC is not the work of the devil but of overenthusiastic engineers and became quite complicated over time. It potentially is also very powerful. Got a description how HDMI-CEC actually works with an overview of commands which in total is over 50 pages long. Implementations are often kept as simple as possible with occasionally only ON/OFF as an option. These 2 facts go very bad together above all using multiple brands which became more common over the years.

A good HDMI-CEC implementation needs a page full of options to control the behavior under various conditions. With Zidoo e.g. I am still missing the Power On/Off selective controls for the AMP in-between.

No cables are never an issue for HDMI-CEC as it is in fact a very low speed protocol working with even the worst/earliest cable. But be aware HDMI-CEC is a bus-type protocol and all HDMI ports connected directly or indirectly will effectivity talk with each other. So all ports on your AMP will talk with all ports on your TV. This is often the cause of strange side-effects with oversimplified implementations. Also keep in mind that HDMI-CEC remains active with units which are in standby for obvious reasons.

Bad behaving units can only be isolated using a Lindy HDMI-CEC blocker. Turning Off HDMI-CEC might work but often it does not.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    dwalme likes this.
  13. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Same issue her, even with CEC disabled it messes up my TV/AVR connection.

I've made some tests, unpluged the the Cable from the AVR and the problems stoped, now I have it connected to the TV directly and using the eARC and the CEC bugs are back.

Is it possible to downgrade the FW to the latest bug free one?

THX

Random_Vibration likes this.
  14. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

Turn on VPN

cVVGLabs likes this.
  15. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Blocked Russian-speaking users? Do I understand correctly? So I turned it on and it worked.

16. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

just a check since i'm still wrestling with sonarr and the Z9x... I use the Kodi metadata option in Sonarr & radarr, i assume the Z9x does the same ?

17. kavie87

kavie87 New Member

Since auto update (gotta turn that off) I have issues playing back my Abbey Road Atmos Rip in M4a that I playback in ZDMC. Back on .75 it worked perfectly. Anyway to downgrade? Looks like the new current downgrade is to the current firmware, 3.92.

18. Taler

Taler New Member

Hello people,

After restoring my UHD3000 to factory settings (Flashed emergency firmwear) and then installing the stable v6.3.75 firmware, both the IMDB rating for TV shows and the IMDB and Rotten Tomatos rating for movies still don't work.
    How can this be?

Greetings
    Thaler

19. grimtm

grimtm New Member

а потому, что здесь в основном одна болтовня о плохой работе CEC. А на остальное наплевать. Я просто одного не понимаю, ну работает этот CEC плохо, да выключи его и пользуйся пультами. Но нет, после каждой новой прошивки вечный плач Ярославны об этом. Уже надоело.

20. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Fully agree with you CEC - CEC . There are more urgent problems that need to be addressed first. Each new firmware brings a new headache, while the old problems remain.