ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Ralph Galli

Ralph Galli New Member

I have the Z9X and trying to record with the HDMI IN and it keeps stopping the recording after several minutes.
    It seems the HDMI IN has had different recording problems that I can't seem to resolve.
    So I was thinking maybe someone is having HDMI IN issues too?

2. Katusik78

Katusik78 New Member

Оправил в китай почтой, после того как пообщался с пост гарантийной службой на официальном сайте.

3. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Did I read that the LLDV bug has been fixed or is it still present?

4. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning
    I am building a NAS with TrueNAS operating system set up with SMB protocol,
    I am asking if there are problems in network detection and file management.
    Thank you

5. deusexe

deusexe Member

I have a problem with my box. I don't know why the usb drives are still on after turning off the box. Is it normal? All USB has power

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

You have to shut down the box, long press the power button

7. deusexe

deusexe Member

Of course I'm not an idiot... When shut down, the drives spin and the lights are on, and when in sleep mode, the lights turn off but the drives keep spinning.

8. Azsamael

Azsamael New Member

Hi, how do you run third-party apps on the Z9X? I sideloaded Kodi but it is not showing up on my apps page. Am I missing something?

9. tomh

tomh New Member

Hi all. How can I can skip to a specific point in a video? All I can seem to manage is jump to 10%, 20%, ....

10. boolian

boolian Member

Press one of the colored buttons on the bottom of the remote. Select "Play selection time" for one of them. Now pressing that button will let you skip to a specific time in the video.

11. tomh

tomh New Member

Awesome - thanks. Works perfectly.

One think I'm noticing on 2160p movies is random white pixels when the background is mostly black. Sort of like snow. I'm playing through a Denon 4700 to a Sony A80J 77. Not sure where the cause is. Wonder if I need better cables, as the one I'm using between the TV and received was a cheap one.

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's HDMI signal loss, so yes, better cables needed - Always use genuine "Premium Certifed" cables and beware of fake ones.

They don't have to be expensive - as long as the signal passes, there is absolutely nothing whatsoever to be gained from spending huge amounts of money on "boutique" HDMI cables.

These are the ones I use:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FQVJYDW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I can also recommend Antiference ones.

13. DShuba

DShuba New Member

Why,dont play this video?(

Attached Files:

14. deibit

deibit New Member

I had (for many years) a FreeNAS/TrueNAS server and no problems with SMB or NFS with Zidoo Boxes (I used NFS mainly though). I did upgrade recently to Unraid and no issues as well (both with SMB or NFS).

15. tomh

tomh New Member

I brought some 8K certified cables, and replaced the wifi connections of every component with a LAN cable. I have seen it happen still, but what I've noticed is that it only seems to happen on some dolby vision files. The same files don't get played as dolby vision, but as HDR10, and the colours are are all too dark. Dolby vision files that play correctly have no snow or issues with colour. So, I'm thinking it's just a bug with the handling of some files.

Update: I downloaded media info, and it appears that the files that appear dark and experience random snow are actually normal HDR10 files. Now, I'm not sure where the darkness is coming from.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    boolian likes this.
  16. tomh

tomh New Member

Tested some more, and I can't see any snow now which is good. I've also played with the various settings in the Z9x, but all of the HDR10 files play too dark. (Dolby vision looks perfect to my eyes). I've compare the colours to trailers on Youtube and it's clearly darker. What is the likely cause? The file source, the Zidoo, the Denon or the the Sony TV?

boolian likes this.
  17. peanba

peanba New Member

Does HBO max work on this device?

18. boolian

boolian Member

I just tried it and no it doesn't work. Google Play will let you install it, and HBO Max will let you sign in, but when you try to play any video it doesn't work. It says "we're having trouble playing this video right now" on every video.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Snow, if it's kind of tiny sparkly white dots, is always a sign of borderline poor HDMI signal integrity. Beyond that you just lose picture. Contrary to what these companies selling ridiculously expensive boutique cables will tell you, there is no "quality" difference in the picture between any HDMI cables - they either work or they don't.

A dark picture on the other hand has to be settings somewhere - I assume you've followed the recommended settings from here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...619-players-naming-file-updated-jan-22.82695/ so I can think something's awry in the Sony - HDMI range would be my suspicion but I don't know the menu structure of that TV.

Certainly as far as the Zidoo is concerned, if set up correctly, HDR10, by virtue of the way metadata works, will look slightly (and I mean slightly) different to Dolby Vision, and in the case of Profile 7 DV, it's exactly the same video signal as HDR10 anyway.

20. peanba

peanba New Member

Can this problem be solved?