ZIDOO Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I'm afraid not - these boxes are designed for local media only and although in the early days of such devices, streaming services could easily be accessed, such services have now severely reigned in their licencing so much so that choices are severely restricted to the likes of Nvidia, Roku, Apple and Amazon with their respective online streaming boxes.

It was always the case that the best solution was to physically separate local playback and online playback, but these days it's almost mandatory unless you want to pull your hair out with time vampires like Kodi.

2. boolian

boolian Member

I'm not sure, without Zidoo obtaining a license from HBO Max that gives Zidoo permission for HBO Max to work on their product. It seems HBO Max is being annoying like Netflix is.

3. X-hedgehog

X-hedgehog New Member

Version 6.1.15 works fine with many streaming services.
    The problem here is probably not in licensing, but in the playback of the stream, which was broken in firmware 6.2.0

4. Love3Dwatmos

Love3Dwatmos New Member

I have searched and searched but cannot find a way to do this. When I try to set posters to save to storage:// or a sub-directory in storage:// I get an "the folder you selected does not have write-permission and cannot save the Poster." I get this error when trying to set it to any internal folder or external sd card or usb stick (formatted to ntfs or exfat). It's kind of driving me crazy. If you could point me to any info or solution I'd appreciate it. I am using an x9s with mcbluna's HT 4.0 version 4.1.79 (latest).

5. Markswift2003

Probably because you're using a dodgy copy of HT4. Use an official version and it'll work. You may need to factory reset.

6. Love3Dwatmos

Love3Dwatmos New Member

Thanks for the 'swift' reply, I'll give her a try.

7. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I like that nickname and I certainly concur. 3D Frame Packed baked with Atmos / DTS-X is quite simply amazing. value-add

8. Lkr

Lkr New Member

so my z9x seems to be randomly bricked, it wouldn’t boot up when I went to turn it on. I’ve tried to do the recovery flash, but the display flashes UP, then HELLO, and the screen just stays at the zidoo splash screen. I bought it ~4 months ago, so is there an rma process I can go through? any ideas to try for the flash?
    I’ve tried two USB drives, formatted fat32 in windows. did a diskpart clean on both to make sure there weren’t any hidden/funny partitions on the drives. I dragged “install.img” to the root of both drives, and tried them one at a time, plugged into the USB3.0 ports on the opposite side of the restore button. I’m not sure what I could be doing wrong here, unless I’m supposed to mount the image and copy the files over (which would make sense, but the doc doesn’t say this anywhere…). both drives are 3.0, I have an old 2.0 drive lying around I can try if that is expected to make a difference

9. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

If you truely believe you have exhausted all options: https://jjm2473.github.io/nas/2021/03/01/rtd1619-unbrick.en.html

Markswift shared this on his thread. You will need a USB to TTL adapter sold on amazon for around $10 or less. If you program raspi you might have one already lying around. I bought like a 3 pack a few years ago for an oppo mod. for like $12. It doesn't look too bad if you ready and follow instructions well.

10. Markswift2003

Are you holding the reset button for long enough? From memory it's 15-30s - it always seems to take longer than you expect.

If you get Up__ then HELLO that's a normal part of the procedure, but you need to hold the reset pin until you get past the Zidoo splash screen to the update screen.

I also use a USB stick with an activity light so I can see when the flashing starts.

Other than that, if it's 4 months old I'd just contact the seller - if you bought from Futeko for example you'll have no problems sorting it out.

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

look at my video. it may help you, it is in french but there are english subtitles

12. cwescrab

cwescrab New Member

If I got the V10 remote, would it work in bluetooth mode on the Z9x?

13. Markswift2003

Yes

14. cwescrab

cwescrab New Member

I'm in the US, if I order a Z9X from Zidoo shop website, do I get charged extra duty and tax fees from the shipping service?

boolian likes this.
  15. keylooper

keylooper New Member

Is there a way to manually add an NFS mount point to the Z9X? Mine sees the NFS server but it doesn't see any directories on the NFS server. I've verified that other servers on the same subnet and see, mount, and browse the NFS server without any problem. It sees and works with SMB to the same server, but I'd prefer to use NFS if possible. So anyway to just manually add the mount?

16. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Have you mounted the zidoo on the server side of NFS and set the permissions? I use guest and * for anything on my network that can access via NFS. Map User as Guesthttps://photos.app.goo.gl/oWsby8hPkDBDDTVc8

17. keylooper

keylooper New Member

I'm not sure what you mean by mounted the Zidoo on the server side. Zidoo isn't running an nfs server, nor would that be helpful. I've verified permissions are good, as I said, I have tested this on several other servers (clients) and they can all mount and browse the NFS share just fine.

18. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

and i attached you my settings from the nfs file service running on a synology NAS. Was only trying to be helpful. Those settings work for any devices using nfs on my network including multiple zidoo boxes, kodi installation on shield 2015/2019, an oppo 203, chinaoppo, and apple tv. and winnfs clients. if you zidoo is hanging on directory, pull the main power, wait 10 seconds, repower up the box. Maybe reboot your router as well. Those settings attached work flawlessly for me. nfs is of course per shared folder and volumes on your nas. If you do not specify wildcard (*) or specific IP address, I cannot see how your zidoo can see the NFS server you mention. Also make certain that the subfolder option is checked as I have attached. I just know that NFS works for me using those settings, and I have solved the issue for many in the past as well on this forum or others.

19. Vhiktor

Vhiktor New Member

What are the default settings for 3D Depth offset? 2 or 0?
    So which gives the untouched picture?

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it's 2 from what I remember. It really works on larger projector screen like 180" and up. There is another set of adjustments in the TV or projector for depth and screen size.