[SOLVED] Zidoo still don't have an XMOS licensed driver

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by atomic garden, Jul 3, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Without me having to read everything above, this is a Windows XMOS driver to enable you to play files from a Windows PC via USB right?

atomic garden likes this.
  2. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Thank you for replying.

That's correct. Windows XMOS driver. The one that is available on the download page (for A6, Z6 and Z8) is version 4.13 from 2017. It's the free driver that XMOS had. Pretty outdated, with some limitations: Only DoP (no native DSD), single clock, fixed ASIO latency and others. The full licensed driver has complete functionality and is offered on the latest versions by every XMOS Dac manufacturer, like Topping, SMSL, Sabaj, Aune etc.

Attached Files:

3. Markswift2003

Ok, I've asked the question - I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply..

atomic garden and Arcticpollen like this.
  4. Markswift2003

Ok, so as you've previously explained, this requires a commercial licence and Eversolo are currently seeking a quote for it.

Glerup71 likes this.
  5. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Nice, we will be waiting. Thank you

Glerup71 likes this.
  6. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

I'll triple that statement. One of the main reasons for me to buy the A6 is to get rid of the computer crap. I don't want a computer involved in my rack set up, at all. For people who do, please look elsewhere, as I'm certain there are lots of more complicated computer solutions out there to satisfy computer nerds who think they need every single option available.

7. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

There are plenty of people who will still want to use a computer to connect to the DMP via USB-C, maybe as part of a home office desk type set up. Just because it's not part of your use case, don't be so dismissive of other users who would like to see an up to date, fully featured driver being made available just as the bulk of other manufacturers do for their products.

If you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread started legitimately by another owner, keep you pointless comments to yourself.

Glerup71 and atomic garden like this.
  8. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

There's only one person asking for this driver. Why would Eversolo spend probably thousands of dollars for a licence for such a small audience? I can connect my windows laptop to the A6 via a USB cable with the provided driver, and that's probably all that most people would want.

Bonzo likes this.
  9. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

If you don't need it, good for you champ.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, keep you pointless comments to yourself.

10. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

For anyone who has trouble reading or interpreting text, I'll try again. The USB driver is the same for Z6, Z8 and A6. Z8 thread about it: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/eversolo-z6-z8-native-dsd-support.95814

There are other customers who wants the driver. A fellow forum member had to hack an old driver from another manufacturer to get Native DSD support. There might be people giving up on buying the products if it has no licensed driver. I wish I knew it before buying.

11. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

I'm the 3rd person who says they don't need it. That's constructive to a conversation talking about a feature that may or may not be wanted by many people or not. So I assume you just didn't like my last comment about computer guys. Sorry.

It was not meant to be personal. I guess its just a bit more out of frustration lately. There are what seems like 100 people here all clamoring for additional things they want the A6 to do. The A6 already does a lot, a lot more than other streamers of its type, all at a decent price. Hence why me and slews of others have been trying to order the damned thing for over a month now (mine arrives Friday). Just getting one ordered has been frustrating. But its performance is not perfect. As it is, it's having some issues doing all of what it's supposed to, what was promised it would do. It makes more sense to me for people like you who want more to add your request to the "more features" thread. For now, I think most people here would rather have a smooth running glitch free machine with the features they were promised than every bell and whistle known to man kind.

But that's here nor there. As it is, you've gotten an audience with people who can find out if what you want will be coming or not. That's great for you. From there you will either get it or you won't. If it doesn't cause other promised features to get delayed, or doesn't add costs, I hope you get what you are looking for.

I want a machine that allows me to stream 2.0 MUSIC and have a 2.0 MUSIC server all without a computer. That's what the A6 is to me. I think it might just do the trick once engineers get done with it. Let's let them get to that first, and worry about adding other features second.

ammar11 likes this.
  12. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Yep, I know there are tons of features/enhancements/corrections needed or wanted for A6, which is already the best bang for the buck on a streamer with big display nowadays.

I see that a lot a people is requesting things for the A6, and frustration arrives when the company cannot deliver, or it get massive delays delivering.

But at least Zidoo/Eversolo is listening the A6 users, working on things, releasing new firmware updates. While the Z6/Z8 gets no much attention, now that A6 is the beloved child.

I want to make clear that I (still) don't own an A6. My request is for Z8 DAC, but it actually would benefit A6 owners since it's the same driver. I created this thread here because the thread on the Z6/Z8 forum got absolutely no attention from the company.

As for what I'm asking would be considered a new feature, it is debatable. In my opinion the DAC shouldn't even be released before having a proper XMOS driver availabe, since it's a well-established procedure among USB DAC makers.

Regarding A6 availability, I've been watching for some time and noticed it's back on stock on Aliexpress.

13. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

upload_2023-7-13_6-2-17.png

I hope that soon I can throw away my own modded Thesycon driver and get a brand new version

Because we are someone who still uses Windows, and programs like Roon and Audirvana

14. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Hello @Markswift2003 any news?

15. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

But it is still a bit strange that Zidoo, which makes a really nice dac, which actually sounds really good (Eversolo Z8), is equipped with an ESS9038 PRO chip, and has the best XMOS can offer, namely an XU316 USB receiver chip, which has plenty of power and can handle native DSD512 data streams
    Other companies such as SMSL, Topping, Denafries...etc, know that you have to use the driver from Thesycon, in order to get full use of that dac, in windows, and a lot of users love software like roon & Audirvana

Please hurry up Zidoo and give us the right Thesycon driver which we desperately need

16. Markswift2003

Sorry no, not heard anything more.

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks at @Kopczas for finding this one:

Interesting unit and at a good price indeed.
    https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/808.html
    This may in fact relieve a few HW limitations. Above all those looking for I2S output and/or MQA with external DAC's.

@atomic garden @Glerup71
    Driver: XMOS_USBAudio_v5.58.0_2023-05-25 (=Thesycon)
    Maybe it helps with some W10/W11 driver issues for DoP/Native DSD too?

Tried it on my own W10 setup and the driver installs without any questions asked. Switching DMP-A6 to USB-C input my PC detects the new sound device as "Eversolo DMP-A6" and plays including MQA.
    The TUSB Audio Control Panel info stays empty. It is probably digitally signed and not working.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  18. Kopczas

Kopczas Member

I can only add that this SMSL works like a charm with A6.

19. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

The SMSL driver unfortunately does not work on a Z8 dac because SMSL uses a different PID/VID than Zidoo uses, which is PID 0x20B1/VID 0x30FD

20. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Like folks already said, the driver won't work for Z6/Z8/A6 because of the digitally signed driver with specific PID & VID. Thank you for the attempt @Nice Monkey