[SOLVED] Zidoo still don't have an XMOS licensed driver

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by atomic garden, Jul 3, 2023.

1. g4sho

g4sho Member

Alot of us ran into this same issue, I sent my Z6 back for refund. It seems other dacs in this price range and lower have proper windows driver. This will be the Achilles heal to eversolo's reputation as a top player in the game. They seem to be a small shop trying to play with the big boys, but without the resources to compete.

atomic garden and Topdude like this.
  2. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

It all just feels so unreal, here you are standing with a really nice dac, with some of the best you can put in it, ESS 9038PRO dac chip, XMOS XU316, and a really good analog output, and then you just feel that the whole falls to the ground just because you can't get the right driver that would complete it all

Dear Eversolo, we are missing the Thesycon windows driver

atomic garden and phozy like this.
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What was it connected to, in your living-room?

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I know this isn't very polite on my side, apologies... but I could never regret I abandoned Windows completely, especially for all the audio-related problems (drivers first, and latency second)
    If you guys are any serious about audio, IMHO you should chose some other OS.

Just my 2c

5. g4sho

g4sho Member

For alot of us that is not possible, and to tell you the truth desirable either. I have had my foree with just about every linux, freebsd, and osx OS, and they are all great for some things, but windows is still necessary. Example given, in my system I have a ddrc-88a(mini dsp dirac live processor) the dirac live software runs on Windows and Mac. I also have several Virtual Reality Headsets, guess what Windows. And in my case my computer is part of my Audio/Video System

atomic garden likes this.
  6. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

If you now imagine that the Eversolo Z6/Z8 is produced with audiophiles in mind, and you know that there are audio programs such as roon, Audirvana, Foobar2000, Jriver which are superior to most players on other platforms, then it is just so unreal that the small service called customer care is unfortunately very distant at Zidoo, you can't even get a status report regarding the application for that license for the Thesycon driver, so we had something to deal with

Because one thing is certain, if the right driver does not come, then I will have to find another dac, with a company that takes it all more seriously about the importance of updated driver software

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

As I said already earlier in my - possibly - redundant posts: why in hell is a driver needed in Windows, when in Linux it isn't?!? Shouldn't be the OS in charge of granting basic functionality, such as USB Audio Protocol 2.0?
    Just asking, of course. Now you can make up your mind. For sure it is something unfair from the Eversolo side, not to give you a correct driver; but IMHO is far worst that the OS itself, after more than 10 years, still doesn't support universally known protocols out of the box, like a "stupid" free OS does. This is the only reason I am mad at Windows, otherwise a great OS - given its spread, of course, nothing more than that...

8. g4sho

g4sho Member

I understand your windows rant but don't see how that has anything to do with what is being discussed. Microsoft(windows) did not sell us a dac or streamer, if they did I would expect them to provide all necessary drivers for all advertised functions, Period. So maybe it is just me, but I don't think it benefits anyone who might be looking for info on this problem that some of us have had with this device, to muddy the waters so to speak, with noise that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. And the issue is why the company we bought the product from is not providing what is an expectation, from any other company selling a product touting certain features. If they had said it will only do this in Linux, it would be different but they did not. Windows has nothing to do with that.

atomic garden and Glerup71 like this.
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I am saying.
    Of course Windows did not sell you a DAC. Neither did Linux.

BUT...

But under Linux it works, and under Windows it doesn't. Can you explain me why? (no, don't, there is no need indeed... my point is in letting you understand, not in willing to be right at any cost.)

So, again: maybe we should start yelling at Windows to get at pace with tech, and providing a native USB Audio Protocol 2.0 system driver, which will allow all the Windows users to play DSD natively, just as the Linux Kernel allows Linux users to.
    Yes, it is indeed a rant; and it should be louder, with your help...

Look, I have no interest at all in such a driver, as of course I use Linux; but I cannot refrain from being utterly upset at the fact the, being so widespread, Windows still doesn't give a f**k. Sorry, rant over.

10. g4sho

g4sho Member

Yeah, it is unfortunate. I sent the Z6 back for refund. But have the A6. My work around is this and it works with JRiver, Roon, etc. I have a mini pc (which I installed roon rock on) connected to my network. I then have the A6 usb input connected to the usb output of the mini pc. And then the hdmi and the balanced Analog outputs of A6 hooked to my AV Reciever. And I can play native DSD files both stereo and multichannel.

Glerup71, atomic garden and Nutul like this.
  11. g4sho

g4sho Member

@Nutul "Look, I have no interest at all in such a driver, as of course I use Linux; but I cannot refrain from being utterly upset at the fact the, being so widespread, Windows still doesn't give a f**k. Sorry, rant over."
    You don't have to be sorry, but what you wrote above says it all. You have no interest in such a driver, well if that is the case don't you think it would be more appropriate for you to start a why windows doesn't supply driver thread. And leave this one to letting this company know, the people that do have interest in such a driver hold them(Eversolo) not Microsoft accountable for delivering said driver. And that alot of people are returning their products because of false advertising.

12. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

As it may be evinced, I may agree with you; but why are you so keen to refrain MS from the whole picture, as if it were not responsible in the first place.
    Of course, all the rest, and advertising, etc. is perfectly legitimate, don't get me wrong. I would like to just bring the attention to the who started the fire, not to the fire itself, if you get me...
    Again, yes, Eversolo should find a way to provide a driver for their unit. Be it only an ASIO one, even better IMO.

It's being a pleasure talking with you guys, indeed appreciate this.

13. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

You're not alone.

Trying one more time: @Markswift2003 did you have the chance to ask the team about the driver licensing matter? Thanks

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry no, I haven't any further conversations about this.

15. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

Thank you for your honesty, as the only member of Eversolo that ever replied to our call.

Yeah guys, it seems the battle is lost. The message from Eversolo is quite clear to me: "We don't care".

If there was some going on in the backgrounds, I think they would just reply saying that they are working on it. But all we get is silence. They pretend we don't exist.

Yep. I saw that someone mentioned this thread on the ASR forum. Even if Eversolo pretend we don't exist, the news are spreading.

16. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Do you have a link ?

17. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

A few days ago I reached out to EverSolo customer care.
    This is their reply:

Thanks for reaching out to Eversolo!
    Regarding the issue, please kindly wait for drive updates.
    Once there is a new driver, we will update it on the official website: https://www.eversolo.com/Support/release_apk.html

Best regards and greetings from China,
    Eversolo

They kindly replied and now we wait.

18. Topdude

Topdude Active Member

Zidoo Z1000 Pro and Arcam amp.

19. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

So I presume the Z1000 was feeding the A6 with the DSD stream... no surprise you needed no driver, as the Z1000 is Android-based, which again is Linux under the hood.

Topdude likes this.
  20. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

That's good news, so we'll have to see when it happens...
    But it's a little strange that @mirror & @Markswift2003 not knowing anything about it and rarely wanting to tell anything about it