[SOLVED] Zidoo still don't have an XMOS licensed driver

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by atomic garden, Jul 3, 2023.

1. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

So, please @Markswift2003, an honest answer:

Should we keep waiting? Should we keep hope? Or should I let it go and sell the DAC?

Thank you

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Honest answer - not a clue - you know as much as I do. I must be honest, it's not something I'm chasing.

Personally though, it's a great little DAC, so I'd be looking at an alternative solution until you hear something from the devs - I believe others here have provided that? I'm not following this thread, but didn't someone modify another driver? Perhaps reach out to them (apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick there).

3. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

You are the only person from Zidoo/Eversolo that ever replied to me after lots of posts. I thank you for that. Tried to tag @mirror many times with no success. I don't know what else I could do.

The worst part is the uncertainty. No one can get me a definitive answer if the driver will be released or not. Also, making a customer use a hacked driver from another manufacturer is totally unreal to me, I'm astonished by that bevaviour of a company with its customers.

I think it's time to give up Eversolo and come back to the brands that respects customers (SMSL, Topping, Aune, Gustard, Loxjie etc).

Glerup71 and Desmodromic like this.
  4. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi if i were you and feel so strongly about it sell it and get out of this problem (no insult intended)

Desmodromic, wcseow and Bonzo like this.
  5. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

I'd say if you are really personally that upset already, you should just bail. Nuff said.

Topping? I've never dealt with them directly, but it's widely known they are in bed with Emotiva, and if you think Zidoo is bad, good luck with Emotiva. Zidoo has not shown what I would call underhandedness to me, at least not yet. Now if they never fix the whole CD thing, then I'll probably take issue.

6. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I'm the guy who modded an old Thesycon driver (3.38) because I quickly found out that the one on Eversolo's website was the free version which doesn't support native DSD and latency adjustment

When I bought Dac, I was sure that of course they used the right driver, like all the other companies.

But Zidoo obviously doesn't take its customers seriously, and itself, because your product can't run DSD512 as your advertisements say, because you won't give us the right driver

Unfortunately, it was a short visit with the Eversolo Z8, I now want to sell it and go to a company that takes it all more seriously,
    try to see SMSL, on their website you just go in and find the latest version, which is Thesycon 5.58, it would be so great if you could do the same at Eversolo...

atomic garden likes this.
  7. Markswift2003

No-one from Zidoo or Eversolo has even mentioned a hacked driver. They've told me that they're seeking a quote to license a driver and I think that's fair enough, these things take time and are defined by market forces - if it's economically viable it'll be sorted, if it's not, it won't.

But if you don't want to wait to find out, that's fair enough too - completely your choice. Personally I think that would be a mistake - the grass is always greener and all that, but your choice entirely.

Glerup71, atomic garden, Inti and 2 others like this.
  8. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

The company never mentioned a hacked driver, it was just the only way a customer could get native DSD512.

Actually the grass is greener on Eversolo side, for the big picture. If I give up my Z8, I will really miss the UI, design, rotary encoder, bluetooth control and display by going back to SMSL and Loxjie DACs I have, but this major flaw (lack of driver) ruins everything for us.

The person that told you they looked out for a quote. We only need to know how it ended. Still didn't receive a quote? Received the quote but won't pay the price?

I can wait a little more, as long as we have concrete expectations. To wait a few more weeks and then hear "it's not gonna happen" would be very frustrating.

Thank you for replying

Glerup71 likes this.
  9. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

@mirror @Markswift2003

I think it seems a little strange that to questions about whether or not the DMP-A6 can play native DSD on various external DACs, you are happy to answer that

But if you ask for the right driver for Windows (Thesycon), because it is needed to run native DSD512, then there is complete silence...

It really can't be that there aren't more audiophiles out there who use Windows as an operating system, when you consider that there are many good audio players, here I'm thinking of e.g. Roon, Audirvana, Foobar2000, Jplay, Jriver, HQ player...

So we are someone who has saved up to be able to buy this fine dac, why shouldn't we have the opportunity to have 100% control over it when we use Windows as software

It just takes a bit of the fun out of owning such a nice DAC (Eversolo Z8) when you don't care a bit about the software that comes with it

10. g4sho

g4sho Member

Well I have seen enough, I just received this today(dac z6), and bought it specifically to plug in to my windows pc where my dsd music is stored to play thru my atmos processor, which excepts raw dsd. No driver back to amazon it goes.

11. g4sho

g4sho Member

And I am another person who expected this to be plugged into my home theater pc and atmos processor. Just received it today, and found out this lack of driver for advertised playback issue, as I tried to do exactly that playback raw dsd. It will go back to Amazon Monday if no solution can be found.

Glerup71 and atomic garden like this.
  12. atomic garden

atomic garden Member

That's sad. You are not alone on this. So disappointing to have an excellent hardware with questionable company decisions that leads to this.

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

While I totally agree (you already know, uh...?) I still find pathetic that, in 2023, MS Windows STILL DOES NOT FULLY SUPPORT the USB Audio protocol 2.0 and requires vendor specific drivers.
    As I said, my Z8 plays DSD512 natively (not DoP or D2P) when fed by my Linux machine... Have you guys tried (just for fun, or for the sake of revenge...) to install a Linux in a virtual machine and play DSD to the A6?

atomic garden, Kopczas and DudeMusic like this.
  14. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

I have a modded driver, if you want to try it :)

15. g4sho

g4sho Member

Yes, I will try it, and see if there is a difference.

16. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Here it is :)

17. Markswift2003

I’ve removed it - posting someone else’s IPR on their open forum is not going to help Eversolo in obtaining a licence!!

18. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Yes, you are probably right, it is not smart to upload a modded driver in this case ;)

19. g4sho

g4sho Member

PM me the url to the website were original driver is located, I can figure out the rest.

20. Glerup71

Glerup71 Active Member

Where is the button for uploading files?