Upcoming version v1.1.50 for DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, May 27, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not on albums being a single track. I use those with Zidoo players for Live MCH albums to play those gapless.
    With Eversolo no problem and not needed I understand as it plays those gapless too.

2. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Not quite understand, if say i have eagles - hotel california iso full album, will it display all the album tracks without the cue sheet?

Also if you have an iso which is stereo and multi channel, i presume you have an option to play 2.0 or 5.1?

Last edited: May 28, 2023
  3. armstrong

armstrong New Member

It’s not Roon, it’s on Spotify connect. Don’t know if it does that too on Airplay.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Exactly. All that a CUE sheet is offer information about when a track begins, in terms of minutes:seconds:frames (and eventually its title, performer, album, yesr of release, etc.). It's also commonly used together with single-file CD rips to:
    1. have all the CD audio information in one file
    2. offer gapless reproduction with those players that do a STOP-START playback at every track change, even if they are in sequence.

Also, the CD-ripping software offers the possibility to write a CUE file along with the audio file, specifically the purpose of selecting single tracks.

This is a chunk of a CUE, FYI:

PERFORMER "Nine Inch Nails"
    TITLE "The Slip"
    FILE "Nine Inch Nails - The Slip - disc 1.flac" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "999,999"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "1,000,000"
    INDEX 01 01:25:11
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Letting You"
    INDEX 01 05:21:26
    (...)

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes you can - as I say, it handles SACD ISOs in the same way it handles individual files.

You would only require a cue sheet if for example you had one single enormous flac/ape, whatever, file of the whole album. That's the same as any other music client.

6. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Thank you for clearing this up.

7. Spizz

Spizz Member

Team- Does the support DTS CD playback in .wav format like the Zidoo Neo Alpha does via HDMI output?
    Also what is the limitation for Atmos support. Hardware or Software and or Licensing?

8. Kenno

Kenno New Member

I have several SACD ISO images in one folder and when I play a particular SACD ISO, in the Play Queue always plays the song from the beginning from the first SACD, it's confusing and chaotic. I know about converting SACD to DSF/DFF and I use it. I want to play only the tracks on a particular SACD, not all at once.

9. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Will there be internet radio support in the next new Firmware?

Desmodromic likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Can't Radio Time or TuneIn be installed?

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  11. Kenno

Kenno New Member

I haven't tried that, thanks for the tip :)

12. Markswift2003

Right - I understand now - I have all my ISOs in separate directories.

13. Nice Monkey

Yes also use dedicated directories because of the extra's like artwork. The same with DTS-CD and DVD-Audio. ;)

There are so many ways to use these boxes. My own box will arrive somewhere end of this week. Then can try myself. :D

Spizz likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

There are several radio apps, including TuneIn already set up to go in the streaming section:

upload_2023-5-29_9-35-8.png

I'm not sure if they were there in previous firmware or not...

15. Markswift2003

Great news - look forward to hearing what you make of it...

16. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll put all the SACD ISOs back into the folders :) I have EverSolo DMP-A6 for about a week and I am very satisfied, great box :)

17. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Thanks, I tried TuneIn Radio, Radio Droid and Open Radio and choose the last two listed :)
    I am using Firmware v1.1.46

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  18. Markswift2003

I've reported this to the devs anyway because you're right - the way it handles multiple ISOs in one folder is incorrect, it should play the ISO you choose!

19. Kenno

Kenno New Member

Thanks for the support, I also found that in the Play Queue the names of the artists are inexplicably abbreviated, eg Black Sabbath - Bl...bath, Bryan Ferry - Bry...erry, Depeche Mode - De...ode, etc. There will certainly be more of those minor flaws, but I believe that the DMP-A6 will gradually be fine-tuned :)

20. Markswift2003

Not seeing that - have you got a screenshot?