Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 9, 2023.

1. wcseow

wcseow Member

I have experience this. My "display" is a projector so will be off when playing music. I believe it is due to HDMI sync for lack of a better word for me

My Yamaha AVR can disable HDMI output port, so I disabled both ports when I play music. I used Yamaha Scenes to easily run in this mode

I remember my last Denon AVR can disabled the output HDMI port too. Not sure about Marantz.

Spiff and Agent Smith like this.
  2. Mike M

Mike M New Member

I have a Marantz receiver and I switched its HDMI out to Monitor 2 and the intermittent sound dropping was resolved without turning on my TV.

Agent Smith likes this.
  3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith New Member

Tnanks! i have tried but without succsess.

The problem is in HDMI connection of the Marantz avr with Sony TV.

Now I disconnect HDMI if I want to listen multichannel. Not very convinient((

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Once more updated the Master Gold Edition paragraph. A seller selling both versions confirmed both to be directly made by Eversolo which is far from trivial.
    Also added a compare with Eversolo DAC-Z6 / DAC-Z8 differences. No it does not make it a Z8 equivalent.

5. Nice Monkey

Updated with FW 1.1.70 goodies.
    Above all the Controls and GUI section got an update. This including the new theme and background options.
    The way the Front Panel is being used is getting better and better with I understand still various things in the making:
    Spectrum meter, more Music Player themes including a Pure Text display etc.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
  6. glc650

glc650 Member

Was this confirmed by Eversolo? On the forum?

7. Nice Monkey

Yes, it was said that it would come. But no date or detailed commitment. :p
    Asked for that Pure Text view (title and artist readable at listening distance) roughly 2 years ago when I got my Neo X and reviewed that one.
    You can still find the suggestion. :D

Obviously they could simply port the one working on the Neo models right now.

Spectrum.JPG

But honestly it is not really well looking like all the other views so I expect something much nicer to come instead (sooner or later :D).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  8. Nice Monkey

Added the "Music streaming services and client/server database services" chapter.
    Also added a Digital Filter chapter as some are confused what these are used for.

Please comment if something is missing or unclear what is meant. Above all the difference in operation between streaming APP's and API's is essential.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  9. Stuj

Stuj Member

- Starting play of (very) large albums/collections simply will take too long (up to over a minute with Top 2000 collections). My guess that is related to gapless processing (could be limited to <100). Breaking up these albums in smaller lots is a bypass

I had this issue with my decades collections 70s 80s 90s etc. in other products like Roon. What i did was bulk update in mp3tagit to assign Discs using an auto script of say 50 tracks each. The problem here with the Eversolo is that it still isnt processing / visualising Album discs.

Spizz likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

I know that is a working bypass.

Went myself just the other way for convenience of starting playback of multi-disc albums. ;)
    Had them is folders per disc but now number them 101 --- 1nn and next 201 --- 2nn etc. So all in one folder resulting in one common playlist. :D

Always use my trusted OPPO as the reference. It has no problems with any of my albums and even shows track-numbers up to 4 digits on the frontpanel dealing with my top 2000 collections perfect. Having as many players as I do can't and don't want to adopt to peculiarities/limitations of a single brand/model. :p

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    Stuj likes this.
  11. Nice Monkey

For those wanting to see specific front panel pictures you may speak up now. Also now included how to take these in an easy way. Thanks' David.

I am about halfway through that exercise (2nd draft). I try to avoid duplicating what can be already found in the manual which is a lot.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  12. Spizz

Spizz Member

Nice Monkey can you please show the Multi-Channel DSD Front Panel and also Multi-Channel DSD via Roon front panel pictures as this is the only unit that can Natively do the latter via HDMI.

ammar11 likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Will add MCH SACD but not with Roon as I don't have a Roon service. Sorry about that.

ammar11 and Spizz like this.
  14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Anybody with Roon please help the community by adding photos showing multi-channel DSD with Roon.

I’m now seeing comments on a few forums starting a rumour that the A6 can’t do it. If A6 can indeed do it then we need to counter falsity with the truth.

It’s possible with all this Roon issues the competitors are taking advantage of the situation.

15. Nice Monkey

See attachment. Sounds gorgeous.
    Also included in the review now (combined with showing player themes).

@mirror
    It also shows the inconsitency using icons here (top right):
    - DSD 5.1 (this is the actual playing mode). Pressing it will revert to Stereo
    - VU (this is the next view) . Pressing it will go to the VU View.
    Slightly confusing for me and very easy to swap.

Looking at this big picture just saw it actually says DST64 and not DSD64 on the source line.
    DST is something else with SACD.

Attached Files:

Spizz likes this.
  16. wcseow

wcseow Member

ammar11 and Spizz like this.
  17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

18. wcseow

wcseow Member

This one is what is shown on the Yamaha screen
    20230627_220537.jpg

ammar11 likes this.
  19. Nice Monkey

Added a paragraph to highlight the "Setup option for player and library" under Music.
    The Music button on the player brings you straight into the Database Library but doing so on the Front Panel brings you first to an Index view.
    On this view there are icons to bring you to that same Library or Setup.

Some may have missed this essentail detail.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    Nutul likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Attention points and known problems:
    Updated with latest overview and status. Roon certification and External DAC's not all recognised were added.

Added the manual lyrics lookup feature to local player. It is not intuitive for me and took me a while to use.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023