Review and need-to-know Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Werther44210

Werther44210 Member

Hi, I have a question about the sound power of the DMP A6 in Passtrough mode, ie with integrated amp, I have a fairly beefy Denon PMA 110. So far I had a Rose RS 250, the difference is clearly audible. This is not a fault, as I keep the Rose for a softer listen and this robust sound allows for something different. I realize this because I have both. Maybe @mirror88 has a technical explanation.....

2. Is there a setting for the EverSolo to automatically update the music library when new tracks are added to the SSD or is this manual only using the controls on the front panel?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

There is an option for automatic rescan.

4. Thank you. As I can't find it, could you point me to where it is in the menu system?

5. Nice Monkey

Cast mode => Music => Index (>> on mid left) => Setup (top right) => Scan => Automatic updating sources :D
    No not in setup via Eversolo APP anywhere.:rolleyes:

The player is very intuitive mostly but these library database options are well hidden indeed.
    This was added by me recently under the Library/Database chapter.
    These are still coming from the good old Music Player on Zidoo. :p

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    Hannibal_ and Robert Crawford like this.
  6. Bhaze9614

Bhaze9614 New Member

Thanks a lot I just have one more random question lol. I just got a good deal on a Pro-Ject CD Box S CD player. If I want to use it via Coax in to the Eversolo DMP-A6 and output via RCA to my stereo, is this using the internal dac on the CD player or the Eversolo?! I haven't tried it yet still waiting for a power supply for my CD player. I would hope it uses the internal dac on the Eversolo as it's way better.

Edit: Looking at the Source menu in the Eversolo, just from my observations I think that only the Internal Player setting would use the internal dac. I am assuming if I go COAX in, it would force me to the CD players dac. I will mess with it not sure if anybody has tried this yeto_O

Edit2: Wait I am an idiot lol, using any COAX out of a CD player will make it act as a transport only bypassing the CD player dac. I should be good!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
    Hannibal_ likes this.
  7. Nice Monkey

It is an excellent setup. You CD player will go digital via SPDIF Coax and use the excellent DAC of DMP-A6 for sure.
    You can't do anything wrong really here. Just enjoy it; should sound great.

With my setup I can easily spot the sound difference between a MP3 320 kbit and the FLAC (or the CD in your case).

Trebz likes this.
  8. NWN

NWN Member

I would like this too but for tracks coming from a medialibrary on a NAS

9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I would never go for an automatic updater... in Linux (and thus Android...) this would be implemented by means of a registration to the system's "select" on the library folder, for a file_create and/or file-delete events, and if you, say, copy 20 new files, well, there is the risk that the "select" watcher fires 20 times...
    Havin a dedicated "Update library" option is a far better option IMHO.

10. Chromazone

Chromazone New Member

I have done the same with my Oppo BDP-105, Coaxial in to the DMP-6, wow what an improvement, so highly recommended!

11. Nice Monkey

Yes that is what these SPDIF Inputs are provided for. It is so pity they don't allow output via HDMI (MCH and Movie sound).
    Very few will have both a TV + AMP facilitating eARC. My AMP is now up to date but my TV isn't.

12. Path8022

Path8022 Member

"EOS intercepts the default Android I/O interface to enable HiFi sound with APP's offering these. It must explicitly be enabled in setup to operate (disable it when an APP gives problems producing sound)." - from original need to know.

Can sideloaded apps that offer a hi-res option in their settings also bypass the Android inferface? I've read that Plexamp can't but VLC can for example. I'm particularly interested in Symfonium (a subsonic app) and SB Player (an LMS player). Or is it just the provided third party apps that offer this feature?

Probably a nit niche, but any LMS users out there using the device as a DLNA renderer?! How has been your experience? Album art, reported bit rate etc.

13. Nice Monkey

EOS will work for supported APP's via the API interface but not for other APP's. It depends next on the smartness of the APP itself if it knows to bypass Android limitations by build-in interfaces. Most won't be that smart. VLC is a very smart APP.

14. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Thanks for the reply and the excellent write-up! Have my fingers crossed for Symfonium, would be sweet to be able to manage it through the Eversolo interface(s) but not the end of the world if not ; can always use DLNA. So many possibilities with this device, it really has peaked my technological curiosity. I have to wait till next week to get mine :(

One more query if you don't mind - how do you think an app like Syncthing might behave? Considering the possibility of keeping the local ssd in sync with my main music folder as opposed to mounting by smb. Cheers.

15. Nice Monkey

There should not be any difference in handling between SMB and SSD albums.

16. NMWDF

NMWDF Member

Your review is very thoughtful and accurate except for one major item, CD Ripping/Playing. Please read post #183 on the CD rip/play thread. It summarizes the situation very nicely and the results are not what I would call "mixed". Eversolo still has not commented on the defective feature but I will remain optimistic since they have not yet removed it from their list of A6 advertised features.

SausageDog likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

I think the description on the problem list is accurate enough. It varies from working as advertised till not working at all depending on the USB Player being used. Got myself an USB player for just that purpose and mine is in the gray area doing something.

18. piotralski

piotralski New Member

I've had the DMP-A6 for about two weeks and compared to the previous streamer I'm very satisfied, but .... :)
    I have the impression that the names of files and directories are displayed during playback (built-in display)? Can it somehow be switched to display ID3 tag?
    I searched but couldn't find an answer :(

19. Nice Monkey

For the moment this not a a feature. But I got the impression something is coming with new "Themes".

NWN likes this.
  20. piotralski

piotralski New Member

It would be nice to be able to choose what to display. Thank you for the info