release zdmc 17.1-BETA-(base on kodi17.1)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spring, May 5, 2017.

1. tosh123

tosh123 Member

You have switched your setup to "expert" settings and than activated sound passthrough?

2. XtrordinarY

XtrordinarY New Member

He's not the only one. I have the same problem and so have others in this thread. As soon as I pick a new skin, download it and try to set it as my main skin the screen just flicks and nothing happens. I'm on firmware 1.4.4 though, som I'm going to try to flash the new one today and do a total reset before installing ZDMC 17.1 again. Maybe that'll help.

3. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Can you try to download the skin to an USB thumb and install it from zip-file?

4. totizidoo

totizidoo Member

The new Bello 6 skins do not apply

5. Alyce

Alyce New Member

Yes. Passthrough is activated.

6. tin537

tin537 New Member

Apparently some of us have the same problem with Passthrough audio, but I found that dolby atmos works fine if you download a movie bd remux, for example I had downloaded this version of kong:
    Kong.Skull.Island.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT (11.57 GB)
    and the audio has Problems, but if you download this one instead this:
    Kong.Skull.Island.2017.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos-FGT (32.79 GB)
    at least to me it works without any problem.
    PD: my receiver in an Onkyo TX NR646

(Sorry for my bad english)

7. turbalf

turbalf New Member

can't install it, even after old version desinstalled !

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

are you on firmware 1.4.4+ ?

9. turbalf

turbalf New Member

Yes, I have the last firmware.
    I tried a rest, no success.

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Also try a reflash + update.

11. Android arun

Android arun Member

hi guys,
    plz guide me how to install fusion add on plz.
    couldn't connect to the network server.
    thanks

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you should install it like normal kodi install. " couldn't connect to the network server. " it's not a zidoo related error, so not much can do about that.

13. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

You cannot connect because the server doesn't exist. Recently, tvaddons.ag went down due to copyright reasons.

14. turbalf

turbalf New Member

I did, no success !

15. Techead

Techead Member

Zdmc 17.1 App Crashes if you have External player enabled with the option to play the next file automatically.

16. Blue-beast

Blue-beast New Member

Hello.

How can I disable 'forced' subtitles in movie?
    When I look a movie in zdmc with internal player, I see subtitles which I choose, but when watching a movie in zdmc with external zidoo player, I see 'forced' subtiles and the one I choose to see. So in other words, I don't know how to disable forced subtitles in zidoo player.

17. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Not many people leave positive comments, but i am now impressed with the latest firmware and the region code change is excellent. Just tried with a criterion movie which would not play back on my old media player but the x9s perfect.

Update
    this was posted in wrong thread was meant for latest firmware which as disappeared.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  18. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

19. mrs4t4n

mrs4t4n New Member

I tried 17.1 today.
    I have the player hooked to a denon AVR and then to a Oled LG display...

The first problem was that i can't change the audio device, it's "android audiotrack" and it's greyed out, so no possibility to change...
    I turned on passthrough and all the avaliable codecs, but the avr didn't detect any input... No sound at all..

The second problem: All my media is in a Qnap NAS, the connection beetween the zidoo and the qnap is gigalan, but all the 1080p and 4k content plays with shutter and drop frames or don't play at all... No way to see a single movie...

When using the Home Theater all works perfect, but i'm used to kodi and my wife too! :D
    I need a way to use kodi or a working version of zdmc with the zidoo... or i'll return it to amazon...

20. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

V16 is a lot more reliable on Zidoo boxes at the moment, my QNAP and the X10 work pretty much flawlessly on 1.4.4, yeah I'm out of date slightly. Only stuff to stutter sometimes is 25hz media when my Panasonic TV decides to go 50hz instead of 25 :confused:

mrs4t4n likes this.