release zdmc 17.1-BETA-(base on kodi17.1)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spring, May 5, 2017.

1. X8fan

X8fan Member

What kind of "minor" issues with the Zidoo external player? It doesn't skip more than 15 seconds each time even though the internal player skips just fine in the 10s,30s,1min, 5mins... increments.

I've tried pressing successively very fast, I've tried holding the direction left/right button, but none of it works. But internal players works without any issues everytime.

2. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

I don't think the external player has incrementing skip sizes like the internal player. You can type the time you want to jump to if you know where you want to jump too. To be honest the only time I use the external player is when Kodi has issues internally, which isn't that often in 16.4.13, so I'm staying on that for now.

X8fan likes this.
  3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

what problems you have with internal on the new zdmc ? i tested it in some heavy TV show/anime session and it does great

4. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

Have a look at my post history. My first post in this thread starts at post 11.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Oh. The frame skipping. To be honest. If my move does not jitter. I ignore those.

6. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

I see them though, I can detect even one frame being dropped even without the Codec info.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I see. May be because of the plasma TV? If I don't put the infopannel I can't tell if I have skippes or not. Still. This is beta. We may get improvement's in the next app update.

8. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

Like I mentioned in the past, 16.4.13 doesn't exhibit anywhere near as many frame drops, but it does lose audio and stutter perhaps 5 times in 45 minutes, which I can live with. 17.1 with the Zidoo external player just crashes ZDMC for me constantly and is unusable, but it doesn't drop frames or audio. Fix the crashes and I'll be happy to move to 17.1, for now I wait.

9. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I saw those jumps too. I played Back to the Future (mkv remux 23,976) where the movie starts with the camera moving from left to right. The jumps are constant and very often. Not sure if it is a settings issue but I have autoframe rate on and the TV seems to lock properly. When I played the same file with the Zidoo player, it plays smoothly and without any issues. If anyone doesn't see jumps, please give some info about your settings.

10. After a lot of fight with ZDMC 17.1 in my case it's now done, it stopped jumping and the screen was black and it was working audio.
    What I did, reset to 1.4.4 with factory installed zdmc 17.1 again I installed everything again, and continued to give the same problem, installed over it 17.1 again and returned to work perfectly.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D work work eee

11. X8fan

X8fan Member

Thank you so much for replying. You are the first person who confirms that external player doesn't d skip forwarding.

I also prefer Kodi internal player, it has a nice logo/album art pop-up when pausing. Skipping forward and backwards work perfectly. But I have to say the external player is really quite nice for changing subtitle/audio tracks. One button push of "menu", and the pop-up offers convenient shortcuts.

The internal player is a bit more complicated, it involves horizontal button presses and then various vertical button presses before I even get to the "Enable Subtitle" option. sigh..

I really just have one wish for Zidoo: PLEASE ADD skip backward/forward for external player then it will be perfect!

12. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

The "L" key on a keyboard toggles the subtitles through the various ones available with the media, there is also a subtitles button you can assign to one of the red or green buttons on the remote with the Shortcuts app. They work with the Kodi internal player and the external one as far as I remember.

I use a FliRC IR remote receiver plugged into a USB port to expand on the remote functions I have available on the Zidoo X10, the included remote is poor in my opinion so I use my Logitech Harmony 900 instead in combination with the Flirc, I used to use that with Kodi on my PC in the past and it works quite well. With me being new to Android and my knowledge being a bit low on the OS I just need to figure out how to upload my custom keyboard settings file. It has remote shortcuts that take me directly to TV, Movie, Music and Pictures etc.

X8fan likes this.
  13. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I am suspecting that with new Kodi, it locks to 24Hz when playing 23.976 material and it skips (not dropping) frames.

Andydigital, can you try enabling the "Sync Playback to Display" option? I know you will lose passthrough but this is just to check if the playback is smooth. Also, with the option on and the movie playing, try to hit Ctrl-Shift+O and see the vsync:refresh.

14. Andydigital

Andydigital Member

I dont have 17.1 installed anymore ive gone back to 16.4.13, if I could keep both builds side by side to test it would be great, but it takes me too long to setup after switching from one version to the other, so I'll leave that to others to test for now. Sorry bit short on time at the moment.

15. Lony

Lony Active Member

@zidoo Team
    Unbelievable from a normal ZDMC 17.1 to a ZDMC 17.1 BETA, what is this, kids birthday, Why is the firmware 1.4.4 not once sensibly released without major error, before a further construction site is torn.

The next Point is the OTA Updates, why is not a full image created so everyone can build a clean system to detect errors early. 30 men and girls but not a Captian :rolleyes::eek:

So it all makes a lot of fun.

Regards Lony

bodyzen likes this.
  16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

I put the beta in the title. problem ? was already posted that there will be more versions of zdmc, with different functions added , so i named the first one beta.

17. eseze

eseze New Member

Yes, because without any hint that this is a beta release (neither in title nor in text) everybody assumes that this is the final version :mad:. I have spend several hours with this beta mess and at the end I have deinstalled it because of several aspects ... unnecessary waste of life time.

Best regards
    eseze

bodyzen likes this.
  18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

" Hi
    we release the first version of ZDMC17.1 (base on kodi17.1), "

19. eseze

eseze New Member

Sorry, I am not a English native speaker but for me there is a great difference between "first" and "beta" ...

Best regards
    eseze

bodyzen likes this.
  20. bodyzen

bodyzen Member

I have uninstalled zdmc 17.1 (beta ???) and installed Perfect Player for android. All perfect!!!