Regarding DSD Native support of USB external DAC

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Apdroid

Apdroid New Member

Please add support for the following DAC:

DAC brand: Holo Audio
    Model: Spring 3 KTE
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: DSD64 - 1024x Compatible
    DOP: DSD64 - 512x

Attached Files:

2. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Mine was set to DSP, I changed it over to Native and there was no difference in sound. See attached pix. 2023-08-08 17.58.41.jpg

Nice Monkey likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks' for confirming this. There are so many having doubts here. Known how it works technical there is no reason for such a doubt.

Nutul likes this.
  4. Nickdig1

Nickdig1 New Member

Another A-6 newbie here. I too am having trouble with the A-6 playing DSD files through my Chord Qutest DAC through USB. I am learning through the previous comments here that DoP may be the same but packaged differently? I am just trying to make the best decision on keeping this as a streamer and want to make sure the DSD files are playing correctly. I also auditioned a Melco N50 using the Chord DAC and USB and it played fine and sounded better than the A-6 -but that unit is 4 x the price an not currently in the budget. Appreciate any additional comments or fixes to make sure DSD files are playing correctly in my setup.

Fenris likes this.
  5. Nice Monkey

May I not understand this. The DAC makes the sound not the streamer. Using USB with the same DAC then Melco N50 should sound 100% identical.
    Using the Internal DAC with each the sound may differ.

6. Nickdig1

Nickdig1 New Member

I'm not sure how to answer you. They sound different-moving from a Blusound node 2 to Eversolo to Melco are all proportionate upgrades. They sound different that is why we are in this hobby isn't it. That's why there are hundreds of manufacturers. Maybe someone else here can help. Mirror - ? I do see an earlier post from Pmik back in June using the Chord Qutest -was that driver update ever installed

7. Agent Smith

Agent Smith New Member

I start using A6 with Cen.Grand DSDAC via USB - work perfect!

Native DSD go to DAC, where it could be upscaled up to DSD1024

8. Nice Monkey

Ik like DSD2048 more. :p

Nutul likes this.
  9. Allen

Allen New Member

DAC brand: Gustard
    Model: A22
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification:
    COAX: PCM 16-24bit/44.1-384kHz;DSD DOP64-DOP128
    AES: PCM 16-24bit/44.1-384kHz;DSD DOP64-DOP128
    OPT: PCM 16-24bit/44.1-192kHz;DSD DOP64
    USB: PCM 16-32bit/44.1-768kHz;DSD DOP64-DOP256;NATIVE DSD: DSD64-DSD512
    IIS: PCM 16-32bit/44.1-768kHz;DSD DOP64-DOP256;NATIVE DSD: DSD64-DSD512

DAC INFO: DoP and native DSD can be used, with the A22 DAC correctly displaying the DSD format. However, there is constant popping noise in the background of music (just like rolling beans in a bin) during DoP and DSD native playback via USB. The constant background popping noise doesn't occur if I switch to raspberry Pi 3 + MoOde 8.3.3.

Attached Files:

Nutul and Nice Monkey like this.
  10. Nice Monkey

@Allen
    Nice table. Thanks' for testing this. There are no surprises in the table for me. It just confirms the various limitations known.

If you allow me I will include the table in my review. ;)

11. Allen

Allen New Member

The table was actually copied from the Gustard A22's official specs. I personally tested the following combinations via the following external connections to A22 DAC:
    USB:
    - PCM 16bit/44.1-384khz (works perfectly);
    - native DSD 64-256 (music can be played, DSD mode correctly displayed on DAC, but constant popping noise in the background)
    - DoP 64-256 (music can be played, DSD mode correctly displayed on DAC, but constant popping noise in the background)
    - D2P 64-256 (works perfectly)

COAX SPDIF:
    - PCM 16bit/44.1-192khz (works perfectly);
    - native DSD 64-128 (works perfectly)
    - DoP 64-128 (works perfectly)
    - D2P 64-128 (works perfectly)

Please feel free to include my results in your review.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  12. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  13. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

"TAKE A PILL"??? "MIND YOUR BUSINESS"??? Dude, this is a PUBLIC FORUM!!! EVERYBODY gets to play! Stop being a DICK.

14. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

What a jerk...

15. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Mate, it was 8 weeks ago. Slow your outrage. As you said, this is a public forum, it's nice to be nice.

16. Jim Helman

Jim Helman New Member

OH!!!! So you've evolved since then? Now you're a nice guy? SORRY!!!!

17. Allen

Allen New Member

I am happy to report that after a power cycle by removing the plug solved the USB noise issue.

Nutul likes this.
  18. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Guys I got a Nordost RCA digital cable. So I reset the output of the DMP A-6 to SPDIF out and flipped the input switch on my external Dac. Wow, I think the SPDIF may sound a bit better than the USB out to my Dac. I was only usinf the USB cable that came with the unit. I have a better one maybe another day try that with the USB port to the Dac.

19. Chaoz

Chaoz New Member

Hi. I received my A6 last night. Auto updated to firmware 1.1.80. Connected to my Gustard A18, it hangs and lags the whole A6. Music unplayable and no sound coming from the DAC.

Connected my secondary DAC, a SMSL C100 and everything works well.

Can help to solve the A18 issue? Suspect there's some software incompatibility.

Attached Files:

20. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Maybe it's the Gustard. Just looked it up it's only a $500 Dac. I bet the internal Dac in the DMP A-6 sounds better. I know I have like a $3K Tube Dac and the DMP A-6 sounds amazing as a streamer.
    Just to try switch the output of the DMP A-6 to SPDIF and the back to USB and also reboot your Dac. When I went from USB out to SPDIF I could not get the DMP-A6 to trigger, then a reboot and it's ok now.
    Just a suggestion....Mine is less than a month old.