Regarding DSD Native support of USB external DAC

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jun 21, 2023.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The DMP-A6 supports UAC 1.0/2.0/3.0 standard protocols, but the vast majority of DACs do not adhere to the standard protocols to provide support for DSD Native, and a specific driver needs to be added for each different DAC( usually a different USB interface). We have tried to support as many DACs as possible, but I believe this will be a long-term effort.

For those who have confirmed that your DAC supports DSD Native but it is not correctly reported in the A6's Source interface, you can comment in this post. We will add them in future firmware updates. Note: For DACs that only support Dop, they will not report DSD support in the A6. You need to go to Settings- Audio- USB DAC output - DSD Audio and set it to Dop.

DAC1.jpg

DAC2.jpg

DAC3.jpg

Comment format:

DAC brand:
    Model:
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification:
    DAC INFO: Please post screenshots of the following locations: Source - USB DAC-Settings and Source - USB DAC-Settings-info.
    The INFO may have multiple pages, please scroll down to capture screenshots of all the information.

DAC1.jpg

DAC4.jpg

DAC5.jpg

DAC6.jpg

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Good efforts to look into this, keep it up.

Winson Ad. likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For those with problems here but with DoP working: For the sound it does not matter how it is transported. "Native DSD" may suggest to be better than "DSD over PCM" but it is just a different way drivers work. For specific cases may apply a different upper limit for the DSD frame-rate (DSD256-DSD512 support) with using each method.
    It is like using SMB or NFS for your NAS. The one that works flawless is the one to pick.

If disagreed please explain why and how.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  4. muslhead

muslhead Member

my dsd is working but wanted to chime in here.
    I am not sure of the intention of your post.
    I do not believe there is any difference in sound and if someone thinks they hear one it is likely nothing but psychoacoustic bias.
    That being said, to me this is not about sound or "best" its about the player performing per what it has been marketed as. It either works or it doesnt. And for some, apparently it doesnt. That is what is not right.
    Meet your spec or change the spec. Dont obfuscate and redirect the argument. What is best or sounds best can be subjective. The fact the device may not be functioning correctly (per spec) is objective.

Corrigap likes this.
  5. ammar11

What argument? @mirror is trying to explain what’s going on, this is very good as far as customer care goes. He’s not trying to avoid the issue, never has he said the complaint is false. He is actually trying to improve here, but it’ll take time. I don’t know why you’re so bitter, you want them to use the magic wand and fix everything in a blink of an eye?

Peter Mittelstädt likes this.
  6. muslhead

muslhead Member

calm down and take a pill. no one was speaking to you or mirror.
    I was addressing nicemonkeys post. Nothing more, nothing less. I failed to quote nicemonkeys post so it was not clear. my error.
    Move on and misinterpret someone elses post, please. or, even better put me on ignore.

neoitata and aangen like this.
  7. ammar11

Haha, I know this kind. I won’t bother.

Jim Helman likes this.
  8. muslhead

muslhead Member

good boy

9. Nice Monkey

@muslhead
    I wanted just to explain the difference for those not so technical and assure it does not really matter as they won't miss out anything. ;)
    I understand you just confirm that.

An entry something is supported in specifications is never an absolute guarantee it inter-works between any 2 brands or even products of the same brand.
    Just have a look at HDMI-CEC which is notorious for that. uPnP/DLNA is another good example. Both may inter-work fine, partially or not at all. Native DSD unfortunately is on that list too.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  10. muslhead

muslhead Member

i get it. we are on the same page except for our view on specs. I was not arguing with you because i cant. you are right.
    In my view you either fix the unit or the specs. No one knows what they are buying and your acceptance of this abiguity is why so many people return units (not just speaking of zidoo but electronics in general. I know nothing of zidoo returns other than what i have done ... for the exact reason). If zidoo is ok with that then so be it. If i were the president of the company, this is not how things would be done. But i am not and only voicing an opposing viewpoint since most people that post here are on the user or technical side. Rarely, does anyone with any (running a company) business experience post.
    Additionally, like dop vs native, my view is subjective and worthless (just as ammar11) to anyone but me

Corrigap likes this.
  11. ammar11

No, I’m not.

12. muslhead

muslhead Member

good girl?

Corrigap likes this.
  13. Nice Monkey

Oh yes. Used to be Product Manager for a multinational company and have dealt with communication (in)compatibilities a lot.
    During my earlier career even founded a department to verify claimed compatibility as the company had a lot of problems coming from that.

Returning a product just because it does not do what you expected (during a short period) is a good right also in my view. In my country NL it is even a legal right doing so.

muslhead likes this.
  14. Kenno

Kenno New Member

I use the DAC FiiO BTA30 Pro and everything works great :)

Attached Files:

15. TheGM

TheGM New Member

Here are the screenshots of USB Source for my PSAudio DSD DAC MK II.

Attached Files:

16. pmik

pmik New Member

Please add support for the following DAC

DAC brand: Chord Electronics
    Model: Quest
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: Yes, DSD512

Attached Files:

Houdini likes this.
  17. AndyGD

AndyGD New Member

Добавьте поддержку следующих ЦАП:
    Аудиосистема GD R-1 (Combo 384 Amanero)
    Аккорд Электроника Mojo 2
    (Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      287.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      585.4 KB
      Views:
    • 21.jpg
      21.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      257.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      574.3 KB
      Views:
    • 41.jpg
      41.jpg
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  18. ARO

ARO New Member

My DMP is connected via USB to an Exasound e62 Dac, however the DBP says “no usb audio device detected”. Tried switching on in different order and same result. Any idea why there is no communication between devices? Thanks

19. 3141kd

3141kd New Member

Same with Gustard X18
    Can anyone explain why some DACs are compatible but some are not ?

20. ARO

ARO New Member

I “solved” my issue. Apparently exaSound does not share their drivers, it’s part of their know how. So no connection via USB between the 2 devices. This means no DSD. Only connection is via Coax and there is no DSD or MQA there. That must be your case also, or maybe you are lucky and at some point Eversolo will get the Gustard drivers.