Regarding DSD Native support of USB external DAC

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then again, yout DAC may not be supported yet (hence this thread...).

2. Matti Tossavainen

Matti Tossavainen New Member

Denafrips Pontus II

Very weak, barel audible, sound output from amp using HDMI/I2S, coax, or USB digital out on DMP-A6.

Nothing works, no matter what setting are used. This should be pretty much plug and play?

Attached Files:

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Have you set the volume bypass on the A6?

4. Matti Tossavainen

I got this sorted out!

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Good to hear; it would be fantastic, though, if you told us what you have done to resolve the situation... ;-)

6. Matti Tossavainen

Hi,

Rechecked the settings on both. It appears that Hegel is a bit temperamental when it comes to signal input. It needs to be turned off prior to any change in signal path. Resetting the units helped.

Nutul likes this.
  7. Konstantin13

Konstantin13 New Member

Please add support for the following DAC

DAC brand: Chord Electronics
    Model: DAVE
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: Yes
    USB*
    44.1 kHz to 768 kHz
    16-bit to 32-bit – DSD 64 to DSD 256 (DoP interface), 16-bit to 32-bit - DSD 64 to DSD 512 (native*** USB interface)

*USB is natively compatible with all Mac OS X and Linux machines without the use of drivers. Windows machines may require a driver, available on the Chord Electronics website.

**Dual BNC is reserved for special operation with Chord Electronics’ partnering products. Dual BNC does not appear within the menu by default, it will only appear when successfully connected to a partnering product.

***Native DSD playback is only available using ASIO driver on Windows.

IMG_1635.PNG IMG_1636.PNG

Dusty likes this.
  8. DW2023

DW2023 New Member

Denafrips Ares II user here, and given that the unit can support up to DSD1024 via USB (and DSD64 on all inputs), it is good to see that it is already on the list.

I have just been through the whole "Native DSD vs DSD over PCM (DoP)" debate when setting up Audirvana Origin 2 as my main music player when listening through headphones at my desk. To this end, I found reading through the specification for DoP Open Standard (dop-open-standard) really useful.

If you have the patience to read through the material, rather technical though it may be, it really explains in detail why such a standard was required, what has been achieved (the solution), and how. This is highly relevant for Apple Mac/iOS users since DoP is the only way Apple devices can play DSD material. My main platform is Windows 10 64-bit, and Denafrips provides an ASIO-compatible Thescyon driver that enables native DSD playback from a Windows 10/11-based source.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023
  9. molnarphoto

molnarphoto New Member

brand:Audio GD
    model dg-28.38
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: USB / HDMI support DXD,up to DSD Native 512,PCM 32Bit /384KHz

Attached Files:

10. run51

run51 New Member

Hello

Can the eversolo send dsd 5.1 via usb output to mutlti ch dac like topping dm7 ?

Thank you

11. Johnny Miami

Johnny Miami New Member

Please add support for the following DAC:

DAC brand: Denafrips
    Model: Venus II
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: Yes, DSD64 to DSD1024
    via USB

12. John Lysaker

John Lysaker New Member

I have the same unit as pmik, added 6/27/23, but I have not even received the recognition his screen shot indicates. . My Qutest connects well via optical but is simply not recognized via USB. The DBP reports: “no usb audio device detected”. Chord reports the following:

Up to 768 kHz and DSD 512 native playback. DSD 64 - DSD 256 via DoP, native DSD via ASIO.

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

wat???

14. Dema

Dema New Member

DAC brand: SPL
    Model: Phonitor SE dac768xs
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: Yes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
  15. Houdini

Houdini Member

+1

16. 謝宗勳

謝宗勳 New Member

DAC brand:TEAC
    Model: UD-701N
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: Yes, DSD512

Attached Files:

resun1971 likes this.
  17. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Ya, mine doesn't recognize the USB card in the Dac, it just says 2.0. I use the SPDIF out, works fine.

18. burdie

burdie New Member

Please add support/rectification for the following DAC:

DAC brand: Esoteric
    Model: K-01XD
    DSD Native Support Capability in the Specification: DSD64 - 512

Problems:
    - A6 ME detected the DAC as "Esoteric K-01XD Esoteric K-03XD", failed to identify it as single device
    - In USB Output mode, K-01XD displayed USB ready. A6 ME played all DSD64/128 and PCM 16/44 but with NO SOUND and A6 ME screen displayed PCM 44.1 , K01-XD not receiving any signal at all, tried in all playback mode, D2P, DoP and DSD Native.
    - in Coax output, DoP or D2P work flawlessly but if pause the playback and change from DoP to D2P or vice versa, the sample rate or format will not change immediately, need to skip to next tack for new setting to change
    - in Coax output mode, there is a pop sound when change track

Attached Files:

19. Houdini

Houdini Member

Any chance this DAC will be supported for native DSD512?

20. resun1971

resun1971 New Member

Just want to share my experience, the FW is the latest 1.2.50
    I use A6me with Teac ud701n as external USB dac
    At the beginning when I connected it I've got serious noise on top of dsd music, FLAC and CDs were played well
    When I changed my settings to DSD native it began to play well as estimated
    Now I tried to use streaming and radio app and I get only noise, and DAC recognise it as DSD stream 6.1M (of course it's inet radio and the right stream is 128k)
    It would be really great if you are able to fix in future FW versions