Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

The HDD is best being formatted first and then it can simply be put inside (and will be recognised straight away by the Zidoo). GPT partition and NTFS format is best option.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You still need to setup the EDID with BT.2020 LLDV (either in the Vertex or the Zidoo - I suggest the Zidoo) so the Zidoo knows to output LLDV when it sees a Dolby Vision file.

And you need to set the Vertex to output a custom HDR message when it receives LLDV so the projector knows to switch into HDR when receiving LLDV. Basically follow that PDF.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The black clip in Dolby Vision was reported by @Sekology here:

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...o-x-neo-s-neo-alpha.94137/page-13#post-177246

It appears to be an issue with the Realtek SOC and has been reported to Realtek. It happens with all 1619 players (Dune and Zappiti also).

Although it's not correct and needs to be corrected, it's not the big issue you might think because of the way that PQ gamma works - to put it into perspective, my Sony UHD player hard clips at 77.

I don't get the same results with HDR10 and SDR though - I can resolve correctly to 64 in both cases. If you whack the brighness (black level) up to full on the TV, it's a cheaty way to see if the source or display is clipping.

4. xskip

xskip Active Member

Just test mine:
    LG CX internal player

DV: 74
    HDR: 64
    SDR: 66

Zidoo:

DV: 85
    HDR: 65

Apple TV4K:

DV: /
    HDR: 66

5. Sekology

Sekology Member

• Unfortunately I see a big difference due to this clipping and using Shield TV for now. I have attached comparison pictures earlier but adding them here too. I prefer to wait for a fix because it ruins the fun of DV content for me. Others might be fine with this but IMO, especially after calibrating my TV, it is a complete let down...

Attached Files:

Oldpainless likes this.
  6. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Definitely needs to be fixed but if its a SOC problem will it be able to be? Black levels have never been fixed properly in VS10 mode so not sure this will be either - but yes as it stands at the moment its better to use HDR10 on the Zidoo than DV.

Sekology likes this.
  7. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

I only have a MacBook. Can the Zidoo itself format the hard drive ? I found an enclosure I can use to format the drive with my MacBook but do not have an NTFS option, which should I use with a MacBook?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  8. Yeah - hoping it's a problem that can be fixed in software.
    And @Markswift2003 - I think it is a problem, most DV content, especially dark scenes, are lost in the black. I'm keen to watch "The Batman", but may have to watch off my disc player instead.

Sekology likes this.
  9. I double checked HDR, and I still can't get it down to 65 unless I enable the VS10 engine for HDR.
    What settings do you have to get HDR down to 65?

10. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

The easy way is to use some Mac software. This is said to work: https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/
    You can also format the drive with Linux (which is the core of Android) as EXT4.

11. xskip

xskip Active Member

on LG filmmaker mode HDR and auto on zidoo.

12. Robzx1000

Robzx1000 New Member

Hi folks, I'm using a zidoo z1000 and a Panasonic 4k player plugged into a vertex 2. The output from the vertex is going into my amp and then into my Epson 12000 PJ. It all seems to work OK but I'm struggling with the vertex settings (or maybe it's the zidoo?). Right now my IN TXO: setting on my web browser reads 4K23.974 422 BT2020 12b LLDV 297MHz. But how do I turn 422 into 444 and 12 bit into 10 bit? I'm assuming this is what I should be aiming for? I've been lurking here reading the forum for a few weeks now and I just want to say it seems like a really great community. Apologies in advance for the noobie question. :)

13. Interesting. I'm using cinema mode (which I calibrated).
    I get down to 65 using the internal player - but not on the Zidoo.

I'll give Filmmaker mode a go though

14. Bigbwb

Bigbwb New Member

I’m planning to add a second Z9x to my theater room. What’s the easiest way to backup my current one and use the file to restore the new one? I ask because I have a good hour or two in matching the unmatched movies in my library and I’d prefer to avoid doing so again:). Ha!

both setups are nearly identical. thanks!

15. lightsout

lightsout Member

Is this an LG only problem or all displays?

16. enry184

enry184 Member

Hello everybody,

I own the Zidoo Z9X with the Feintech VAX01202 splitter to be able to send the audio signal to an AV receiver and connected to a Sony KD-65AF9 TV. Everything works perfectly except with Dolby Vision movies. When playing a Dolby Vision movie, every 15 - 20 minutes the image fades for a fraction of a second, becoming the black screen, and then reappears soon after. If, on the other hand, I connect the Zidoo with a direct cable to the TV without the Feintech VAX01202 splitter, I have no problems and everything works perfectly. I have tried to change a lot of settings and do a lot of tests but the problem remains. Has anyone had a similar problem and experience?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is an English Speaking Forum - please post appropriately.

18. enry184

enry184 Member

Sorry, the google chrome translation went crazy

19. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

You should try with another interface not a simple HDMI splitter. Safe solution HDFury Vertex2 or similar.

20. Sekology

Sekology Member

It effects all displays as it is (as far as I know from Mark) a chip issue.

lightsout likes this.