Beta version v6.4(7).20 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000/NEO X/NEO S/NEO Alpha

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I sometimes need to reboot my unraid and switches to stop glitching between my satip and local clients if either of the clients or the tuner have been rebooted , no obvious reason why it does it it just does.

2. farhanito

farhanito New Member

Hi,
    I'm new to Zidoo, just got myself a Z9X (came with v6.3.75_G version)

Does this latest beta includes all changes in previous betas?

I saw in the previous changelogs, it mentioned about added function to play online videos and HTTPS address playback for VideoPlayers.
    Does this means i can stream videos from online sources (like real-debrid) using native video player?
    I've been trying to stream from Stremio app (with RD) using native video player as external player without success.

3. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

To answer to your first question, yes the firmware includes all the evolutions from the previous versions.

farhanito likes this.
  4. MRobi626

MRobi626 New Member

Hi!

I think found bug:

My movies with dolby atmos didnt recognize player,but the reciver good decoding.
    My audio setup: hdmi audio : RAW
    Native sample rate: auto
    Here the pictures.

IMG_20220810_182902.jpg IMG_20220810_182922.jpg IMG_20220810_182942.jpg

5. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I owe everyone an apology. My patience is gone at the moment. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. Freaking Covid.

I did a factory reset, set things up again and lo and behold SMB is stable again. Starting to think it should be an automatic step after an update in lieu of power cycling. Just wish settings could be saved off along with poster data. Oh well.

Still feel like resets shouldn’t be as necessary as they seem, though. In all the years I’ve been using my ATV4K I think I’ve had to reset it once. Just saying.

In any case, sorry everyone for my belligerence. Carry on…

kleveryar likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Keep Calm and Factory Reset :)

No worries - the save settings thing is something I've been trying to get the devs to implement for about 2 years now - it would save so much time - If I could download a user's settings and apply here it would make such a difference to diagnosis...

I put in another request the other day and they are "evaluating" - I really hope we see this soon..

In the meantime, keep the faith my friend :)

7. ofir

ofir Member

How can you trust and hope when the simplest things are not fixed
    For example, when watching a movie, click on INFORMATION and you will see what is happening

8. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I'm was asking such function from my enter in the forum more than one year ago. Hope they listen to many more users!! ;)

9. farhanito

farhanito New Member

Replying to my own question,

Googled, i found that Real-debrid now supports webdav. So i tried the webdav feature, the drive is mounted successfully and i can see and browse the files but the playback won't start at all. Just stuck at spinning circle and end up back to home screen after a while.

10. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Native Player: What is still buggy is that subtitles remain at the screensaver..........not so nice though but OK just use a time where no subtitle is shown to pause....

11. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

LPCM 5.1 over HDMI still does not play?
    I read about it in 2017. Nothing has been done in 5 years?
    It looks like it has something to do with the E-AC-3 high bitrates.
    Probably the codec was not bought or lost ?!

12. Sekology

Sekology Member

Hi, does anyone have issue with the black levels in dolby vision? With Zidoo Z10 Pro, I can't see below 85 in Spears Munsil Shadow Detail , but they appear perfectly in 2019 Shield TV PRO. It is very visible in real life content as well. I have LG C9 Oled TV and using recommended settings by ''Markswift2003''.

I am on the subject firmware of this post, so far I have tried switching HDMI cables, plugging Zidoo directly to TV and factory reset. Unfortunately none of them did the trick. How can it be the same black levels reflected perfectly in Shied (Kodi Dolby Vision Version) but can not be viewed with Zidoo? Can somebody help me with this issue please? I am at a loss...

13. serg fedorov

serg fedorov Active Member

14. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

Why is unplugging needed, why not just turn to power switch at the back of the unit off? Doesn't that cut all power?

15. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I never use the "info" button or else after dismissing it, it continues to pop up repeatedly throughout the video.

16. Markswift2003

Which Spears and Munsil Disc are you using? They haven't released a Dolby Vision test disc yet.

If I use a Masciolla 64-108 black clipping pattern, although this is HDR10, it resolves down to 64 (68 is visible) when output as Dolby Vision.

I also get exactly the same results if I output the same pattern natively using Realtek HDR10 and VS10 HDR10 (by loading an HDR10 only EDID).

Also don't forget that both HDR10 and Dolby Vision are using PQ gamma rather than power gamma, so using linear test patterns show the picture coming slowly out of black - still discernible, but maybe not as obvious as it would be with SDR using power gamma of say 2.2.

Just out of interest, I also loaded an 8-bit AVS Rec.709 black clip pattern and that resolved correctly to black 16 with native Realtek SDR, VS10 SDR, VS10 HDR10 and VS10 Dolby Vision.

So I don't think there's anything wrong with the levels coming out of the Zidoo.

17. ofir

ofir Member

A simple problem that has existed for a long time is very easy to see
    Like several other problems but no one bothers to fix

darkeyes909 likes this.
  18. Sekology

Sekology Member

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I am not using any disc, there is a test pattern on this site "Shadow Detail Patterns with Bias Lighting Reference" . In Shield same dolby vision test pattern displays all the blacks with gradient. I uploaded these two files from GOT from Shield and Zidoo, if you look at the shadows in the corner, there is less black in Shield. Sorry for the picture quality. Do you know what could be the reason behind this difference?

Attached Files:

19. Markswift2003

Just different engines I guess - I've not seen those test patterns - are they Dolby Vision or HDR10?

20. Sekology

Sekology Member

yes they are both for DV and HDR.