Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Hi @Alcopoppa, you first mentioned to purchase a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and now talking about "Dune" device, or simply you're playing back "Dune" movie? In such case. If you're using a NAS as external source, stuttering maybe caused by a connection issue.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Didn't think of that :)

In that case it may be a badly encoded release (RPU is incomplete) that's knocking around and firmware isn't up to date - there was a fix for shoddy DV encodes recently.

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

A Dune owner diagnosing a fault on a Zidoo Thread . ;)

4. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I think @Alcopoppa was talking about MKV file for either Dune (2021) or Dune (1983). Both are DV MEL. The 2021 remux is 60+mbps bitrate while the 1983 remux is 83+mbps.

@Alcopoppa

1. Which Dune are you talking about?
    2. Is the file a web download, a remux, or a custom encode? Can you post Media Info of the file?

Edit: I remember watching Dune (2021) 4K on HBO Max when it first came out. I vaguely remember slight stuttering in panning shots on my Shield Pro 2019.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  5. AngryVirginian

That is the correct range. What picture mode on the LG TVs are you using for Dolby Vision contents? Dolby Vision Dark or something similar?

6. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

OK thank you for checking, much appreciated :)

7. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Thank you for the response however I have re-encoded it and the file now seems to work, cheers anyhow

8. Markswift2003

One thing to note is that looking back at one of your screenshots you had Custom EDID enabled - there is no need to do that at all and it will be detrimental unless you have a specific reason to do it - for example to disable DV or reduce the available HDMI bandwidth due to cable lengths etc..

9. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

Sorry to quote an old post - why do you think LLDV is 10 bit and not 12 bit on players that process the FEL?

10. Markswift2003

Sorry - It isn't, I can only assume it was late when I wrote that and was getting confused with Profile 5 content (which is 10-bit) rather than LLDV delivery which is usually 12-bit...

Although Player Led DV spec allows for 10-bit 4:4:4 delivery, it is usually a 12-bit 4:2:2 signal.

(changed the original post so as not to confuse the issue...)

xskip likes this.
  11. Hey all,
    My Zidoo Z9X is arriving today, and I'm getting my library ready. I've ripped my UHD collection as BDMV, but not clear on the folder naming scheme for multi disc collections. I've attached an image of the folder structure I'm using ATM, but not clear if it'll work with the Zidoo ...
    I've also got other examples with LOTR, with Theatrical Cut, and Extended Cut Disk 1 and 2

upload_2022-3-2_10-3-34.png

12. Markswift2003

Look at the PDF in the first post.

13. So that convention works for folders too - given the examples only show files?

14. Markswift2003

Yes it does.

15. Cranks

Cranks Member

Hi Gang,

This is my first post and I am only posting so I can get some clear info...my brain is a bit foggy from setting up my Z1000Pro last night. I am on latest beta firmware ending in G.

I am seeking clarification on some settings.
    1/ Audio passthrough - I do not want the 'Pro' to process any audio and have it passed through to my HTP-1 for processing.
    I am using RAW in Settings/Audio. Is this correct?
    2/ Can clock settings be changed to 24hr format
    3/ Does Home Theatre do auto aspect ratio?
    4/ How can I add the Home Theatre icon to the home screen? Happy for it to replace Music if possible
    5/ Can I access the 'Pro' from my laptop?

Thanks in advance!

16. Markswift2003

1. Setting to Auto will be fine too, but RAW is a belt an braces approach.
    2. Yes. It's in the clock settings.
    3. Yes. Select "Fit(DAR)" or "Original" in Aspect Ratio settings (press Menu when playing a movie to access)
    4. Double check - It should already be there!!
    5. Yes - http://IP_Address:9528 for web interface or enable SMB server (Network Settings) for server access.

17. AngryVirginian

I just discovered that we can do per episode trailer for TV shows to be shown by the NuPlayer. Name the trailer file the same as the episode and add -trailer to the file name.

E.g.,

The Green Planet (2022) - S01E01.mkv
    The Green Planet (2022) - S01E01-trailer.mkv
    The Green Planet (2022) - S01E02.mkv
    The Green Planet (2022) - S01E02-trailer.mp4

18. Cranks

Cranks Member

Appreciate your reply thanks Markswift2003!

1/ Changed to Auto and it works well!
    2/ Can't find clock settings. Went through all options (I hope?) in Settings. Is there a hidden option for this??
    3/ Yep...that worked well.
    4/ Still not there. It is in the app area when using the down arrow - see No HT4 icon pic.
    5/ I will check this out and come back if I have a problem

As you are the Man! I hope you can help with this matter.
    I am not entirely happy with the video quality and I can only compare it to the image quality when watching movies/shows through my Shield TV -> Projector.

Shield video settings are:-
    3840x2160 59.940 Hz YUV 420 10-Bit Rec 2020 HDR ready - See Shield settings pic
    This is fed into my HTP-1 as passthrough then into my Vertex 2 then to my PJ and plays every resolution I throw at it in it's native resolution. All very good quality!
    Case in point is when watching a 1080p show the resolution according to my Projector info is:
    3840x2160 23.97 Hz 12Bit 4:2:2 BT.709 SDR and it is very pleasant to watch. Good colour and brightness. See Viewing settings. How can I achieve these results with the Z1000pro?

I've added Vertex2 settings for info.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  19. Markswift2003

This is HT4:

upload_2022-3-9_19-52-42.png

Try clicking on the clock too - haven't got a box with that GUI connected at the moment so can't check..

20. Cranks

Cranks Member

Ah that's it! Thanks. I added the Home Theatre app thinking I could add this to the Home screen.

I also replied to your previous reply with some video problems....did you see it?