Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The settings I recommend are in the first post. If you want the Zidoo to upscale 1080p to 2160p then just set "Frame Rate Only" in Frame Rate Mode.

Since the source will either be 8-bit 4:2:0 (2K) or 10-bit 4:2:0 (4K) I wouldn't recommend 12-bit 4:2:2 but you can try it if you like.

(Before someone says what about Dolby Vision - that's a different matter and Dolby Vision settings override those made in the Settings menu)

Cranks likes this.
  2. Can someone help me out with figuring out how to refresh metadata on a TV show episode? I have new episodes of shows that are getting scanned into HT and matched with the correct show but instead of having the correct name of the episode and the info of what the episode is about, it just shows up as "Episode #" and just has a generic bio about the show and not the episode. It seems like its not properly pulling the information from TMDB or my .NFO file.

I know the issue is not the file because all of the proper metadata is already in the file location.

How do I get HT to refresh the metadata? Ive already tried unmatching and rematching the file.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  3. Cranks

Cranks Member

That worked ...thanks again mate!
    I also enabled HDR10 and now everything I play is in HDR and is producing a better picture quality than the Shield.
    One happy little vegemite here!

Now if I can get the volume control to change volume on my HTP-1 I will be delighted with the z1000Pro

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  4. Markswift2003

You're welcome!

As for the volume - if we're talking CEC then I'm afraid I can't help - CEC is the work of Beelzebub himself and should never be used.

IMHO of course.

Cranks and Visconti12 like this.
  5. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I understand CEC is a weak and buggy issue for Zidoo. In my own experience, I try to refrain using this function with so many devices around.

rozel and Cranks like this.
  6. Cranks

Cranks Member

I still can't find out how to change the time format to 24hrs.
    I've tried using the mouse on the remote and moving to the clock and single or double click but no luck!
    Anyone??

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Click on the Clock.. this takes you to the Android settings screen ... de-select the "Automatic 24 hr format" option.. this will then allow you to select the "Use 24 hour format" option which will display your clock in military time.

8. Cranks

Cranks Member

As I mentioned above, when I click on the clock nothing happens!

9. Cranks

Cranks Member

Now there is a MAJOR bug with this unit!

Pausing a movie or show freezes my Z1000Pro.
    Pressing OK on the remote does nothing.
    Pressing Pause again does nothing.
    The only cure, besides not using pause at all, is to turn the unit off, wait for 10 - 20 secs and turn it on. Fortunately, when going back to the movie it resumes at the previous time.

This is a massive issue that needs to be addressed by the Zidoo.
    To me, it is a basic operation of a device like this and is a problem that cannot be ignored.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I assume you have already reset your unit back to factory default? Because it sounds like that is what it needs...

11. Cranks

Cranks Member

No, I have not do this.
    So I would assume this is a firmware issue and not a hardware issue?

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

How would I know ? If your device is acting weird and you can't get it to work correctly otherwise, then resetting it to factory default is the logical next step to try is all...

13. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I confirm that factory reset can solve issue. I couldn't get my unit to output LLDV and resetting it solved that. Don't forget to backup HT before the reset though.

Deano86 likes this.
  14. Kalin

Kalin New Member

Hello. I recently bought Z9x and I have a Sony a90j tv. I need help for choosing the best settings for the picture of my tv. I use the settings from post number 1 but I can’t understand why the box is outputting 3840*2160p 23hz 12 bits Dolby vision when the setting for HDR is auto but for HDMI Mode is the same as suggested in that post. Since I’m using Sony I set the setting for DV to tv led. For example when I’m playing a Blu-ray bdmv folder with resolution 1920*1080p 29.970 fps I’m getting output 3840*2160p 23hz, 12 bitsVS10. The picture is very good but I’m sure I’m doing things wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

15. Markswift2003

So the first thing to know is that the A90J is one of the first Sony TVs to support Standard DV and Low Latency Dolby Vision (LLDV) so depending what you choose for Dolby Vision Compatibility will depend on which mode is output.

For TV Led Dolby Vision (Standard Dolby Vision) the output will be 8-bit RGB since this uses HDMI tunneling which results in a 12-bit image at the TV... and if Player Led Dolby Vision (LLDV) then the output will be 12-bit 4:2:2. Both of these modes are completely standard for Dolby Vision and they override the modes you set manually because that's just how Dolby Vision works.

For completeness it is worth mentioning that certain TVs support 10 and 12-bit 4:4:4 for LLDV but this isn't usual or particularly desirable..

Bottom line - from what you say, the box and the TV are doing exactly what they're supposed to.

16. Kalin

Kalin New Member

Thank you for the reply. So I’ll be ok to use your settings mentioned in post 1 with my tv, won’t I? I think I’m going to change the setting of DV to player led. But as you said that would not matter, would it? Sorry for these stupid questions but unfortunately I’m not familiar with picture and hdr settings at all. Thanks again.

17. Cranks

Cranks Member

I did the factory reset and now the unit freezes while playing any TV Shows or movies.
    Tested the same TV Shows/Movies on my Shield through Kodi and they play without any issues.
    This leads me to the conclusion the z1000Pro is not up to the task. It cost me twice as much as the Shield but performs less than 50% of the Shield. Picture quality is better than the Shield but this is useless if it will not play media without freezing.
    Has anyone else got any suggestions?

18. Markswift2003

Yes, absolutely fine - DV has its own rules.

As for Player Led or TV Led DV - just try both with Dolby Vision content that you know well and choose the one that looks best to you.
    If they both look the same (as they should!) then don't worry about it...

Kalin likes this.
  19. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

So I finally got my HDFury Vrroom setup and mostly working so I can take advantage of LLDV on my Samsung Q90R. I’ve got the Z9X as well as ATV4K working with that without too much trouble, but I do have one gripe. It seems that the only display modes that work in my setup is either Auto or the newly added LLDV mode that includes all signals to get tone mapped. I’d really rather not have the Zidoo interface going all neon in that mode, but that would require a mode that omits SDR. I tried one of the other modes that omitted it, but that didn’t behave properly at all so those are the only 2 options in my setup.

How would I go about asking that a new LLDV mode minus SDR be added and be understood? Just a feature request?

20. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I may have been a bit out of line on my last post even though I don’t like what this does to the interface, it does seem to add a bit to SDR content And HDR/HDR10+ content as well. Had to pull up a few titles I’m very familiar with to get my bearings. I really should not have started Oblivion this late… it looked good before but tone mapping HDR10 does make things better or more subtle. And it has the best stamp down of any movie in a really long time. Just saying… ;)