Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

here I downloaded the Apple app for the wall which I still can't open thanks

Attached Files:

2. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

here I downloaded the Apple app for the wall which I still can't open thanks

Attached Files:

3. Snowfire

Snowfire New Member

What's the best aspect ratio to use on the Zidoo - Full, fit, original, 16:9?

4. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

depends on your display and your material ;-) I use fit a lot since my TV has Full HD resolution as does most of my video material......

5. Snowfire

Snowfire New Member

I'd assume it's the same then. It's a Panasonic JZ1500, just playing 4k bluray rips. Majority will be in HDR and Dolby Vision, couple in HDR10+.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

My default is "Fit" as well.

7. If I'm reading the OP right, either player led or tv led dolby vision is fine, it makes no real difference? I'm on an LG CX if it matters.

8. Markswift2003

Theoretically, and as far the Dolby processing is concerned, there should be no difference.

However, it should be borne in mind that on the one hand, the Zidoo is processing the Dolby Vision signal using VS10 (LLDV, Player Led) and on the other hand the TV is receiving the raw signal and converting it itself (TV Led) and that's using different circuitry with different settings and different algos.

In Dolby's perfect world both those processes would be identical and produce the same results - that's the idea of Dolby Vision - exactly the same image at home as graded in the studio, regardless of the equipment.

Of course that's utter nonsense and was always doomed to failure, but that's marketing for you!

Bottom line is try both and choose what you think looks best, although there's a good possibility you won't see an awful lot of difference.

serg fedorov likes this.
  9. But wouldn't my TV "know better" what it's exact capabilities are with regards to peak brightness and such and use that information to optimize Dolby Vision playback vs doing it through the Zidoo, which doesn't "know" the capabilities of my TV that well.

10. Markswift2003

No - the Dolby Block in the TV's EDID tells the Zidoo what the capabilities of the TV are - colour primaries, min/max nits, backlight etc.

For example, this is the decoded Dolby Block from the CX:

DV Version: 1 [short 12-byte version]
    DV DM Version: reserved
    DV Interface: standard and low latency 422 12bit
    2160p60: supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: not supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.680, 0.309
    GREEN Primary: 0.270, 0.699
    BLUE Primary: 0.133, 0.047
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 750 / 0.000 nits

11. Very interesting, thanks for the explanation!

12. BearOS

BearOS New Member

Mark, something crazy happened to my <1 month old Z10 Pro. In the beginning, I followed your suggestions in this thread and never had a problem with handshakes, coloring, output with 7 media sources - all was well. In reading other threads, I kept seeing Tiny Media Manager and thought it would be good to manage my media naming with one tool for Plex, Emby, and Zidoo.

Turns out it was a remarkable mistake. I tuned the media for Emby which I am transitioning to from Plex for casual viewing; the Z10 Pro is in the theater. Everything went smoothly until I went to check how the change affected the Z10. MovieWall was nearly impossible to navigate with so many handshakes/screen refreshes - it was unusable.

I narrowed the trouble down to Lord of the Rings folders as when I scrollled to that portion of the MovieWall, things would go nuts. Since everything was fine prior to using TMM, I emptied each folder of data other than the MKV video file and rescraped Movies and TV Series in the Z10 Pro. Problem solved.

I am glad it worked out as I feared a cable or HDMI port problem.

13. Markswift2003

That's really really weird!

The only thing I can think there is that one of the programs had a hook on the directories and the Zidoo interpreted that as a constant change of the contents and so was constantly scanning.

As for scrolling to a point in the posterwall where it goes nuts, I have no explanation of that other than the Zidoo being unable to access the files for that particular set of directories. Again, very odd.

I'd love to have a reliable third party management tool - it's something I've done with every other media player I've ever owned, but I've been happy with the way that the Zidoo scrapes and then I export to NFO so all my assets (covers, metadata etc) are local which makes having multiple boxes and the ability to clear the library and rescrape very easy.

BearOS likes this.
  14. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

@Markswift2003, does the Zidoo scraper respect the <dateadded> property in the NFO xml file? I browse by "recently added" a lot and dread redoing my Zidoo library for fear of screwing up the date added order.

15. Markswift2003

Good question - I don't know, but I'll check.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

Ok, no - it doesn't appear to use <dateadded>.

Firstly the flag isn't added in when NFOs are exported and so I added <dateadded>1</dateadded> to an existing NFO, cleared the database and rescanned.

This didn't result in that file's Modified Time being used as the Added Time - it seems to just default to the actual scan time (ie as if <dateadded>0</dateadded> was added).

The way I get around this is by sorting by Modified Time which equates to the same as <dateadded>1</dateadded>

There are also batch utilities that will allow you to change Modified Time to Created Time if that helps but there doesn't seem to be a way to preserve the original "Added" time.

17. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Thanks Mark. Should this be a feature request?

18. Markswift2003

Possibly - for it to be of any value, Added Time would need to be exported in NFOs, and it would only be useful for those who have never messed with the database in any way because once you've cleared and rescanned, added time becomes meaningless.

I think it would also be useful to be able to sort by file Created Time since generally that would coincide with Added Time.

AngryVirginian likes this.
  19. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Hello. I've just purchased a Zidoo Z1000 Pro and an trying to play 4k DV content on my Sony 77 A80J. However the TV is reporting that it can't play these in the EDID (I think).

Please see screen shot. I've set the HDMI to enhanced DV and although I'm using an AV receiver this is for sound only via ARC.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give!

Attached Files:

20. Alcopoppa

Alcopoppa New Member

Further to the above I've tried switching to the Sony 8000H and BT 2020 EDID but the picture is just green