Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Good question - I'm not sure. The HDMI spec allows for SD, the 1619 is certainly capable of it and most displays support it in EDID but at the end of the day, something has to upscale it and it might as well be the Zidoo!

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Wouldn't "Only Frame-Rate" in the frame-rate switch and 4K resolution set in HDMI mode force this? Just a thought from the hip.

3. Markswift2003

It would, but it also does it when you set Resolution and Frame Rate...

The only way I can get it to output a DVD natively is to restrict the EDID to 576p only so it has no choice.

In such a case the luma levels are raised so I think it's something to do with SD colour space - but in any case, the image certainly looks better upscaled by the Zidoo rather than the TV.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

What do you suggest the correct wording should be? I can update the translation via the translation project

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Talking about that blenky, check the project: the 2 apps received new strings to translate yesterday (4 in Quick Settings and 12 in HT).

6. Markswift2003

Probably something like "Native Sample Rate" would make more sense.

To be honest native sample rate should be the default and the switch should really be for a restricted 48KHz rate...

7. HDGuy

HDGuy Active Member

I am so lost. Just got my Z9X tonight. Anyone know the proper video settings for a Vizio PQX 85”? I guess it should be the same for any size Vizio 2020 PQX across the board.

8. kergaz

kergaz New Member

After the latest update (6.3.40), Zidoo Z10 Pro can't download subtitles. Neither in English nor in the 2nd language I have chosen (Greek).

My ISP has forbidden access to opensubtitles.org.

Is-there any way to override this restriction?

9. JackScorpyo

JackScorpyo New Member

Hello everyone!)) Please tell me the best settings of (z9x) for samsung Q80A 2021?

10. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

There's something special about this TV set ?

You can't use Mark's settings on the first page ?

11. OlivierQC

those on the first page will be a good start I think

Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Thank you Olivier.

Clue's in the name and all that....

13. Joe C

Joe C Member

I think it’s people asking if there are any special settings for their TV.

That’s a rabbit hole none of us want to go down

14. Markswift2003

It's usually really simple - just turn everything to do with frame interpolation and noise reduction off and the world is good.

Turn any of that sh*t on and fire and brimstone will rain down and burn your eternal soul forever.

(just my humble opinion of course ;) )

xskip likes this.
  15. Joe C

Joe C Member

An opinion I share…

Most recent TV’s have a filmmaker mode - that’s a good start

Markswift2003 likes this.
  16. JackScorpyo

JackScorpyo New Member

Is it normal to set my z9x in sleep mode all the time? or i should turn it off before going sleep?

17. Markswift2003

It's absolutely fine. Mine stays on 24/7

muha likes this.
  18. JackScorpyo

JackScorpyo New Member

Thanks a lot!)

19. OlivierQC

Hello,

Same for me, my Z1000PRO is on 24/7

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ditto