Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I use UAPP standalone on my Zidoo 1000 Pro and the air mouse can navigate it on the TV far better than my Zidoo Remote. Audio playback is via the Ziddo's USB through my Z8 DAC. I didn't realise there was more than one version, sorry. Yes I have it installed on my smartphone for use in my car or with separate standalone Bluetooth speakers in other rooms.

2. enry184

enry184 Member

Absolutely not! When UAPP starts, start the UPNP protocol and then use the cast function from the smartphone again via the UAPP app by selecting UAPP UPNP Renderer. No need for any mouse

3. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

And yes I understand but I would like to avoid turning on the TV to listen to music, so I asked how to use the UAPP app as a server and client

4. enry184

enry184 Member

I do this:
    1. I turn on the zidoo

2. When the zidoo has finished booting, I next turn on the dac

3. When you turn on the DAC, UAPP opens automatically and the UPNP Renderer protocol also starts automatically, so you don't need to open UAPP manually.

Remember to enter the UAPP settings and select to start the UPNP protocol when the app starts. I do all this without turning on the TV.

5. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Thank you very clearly.
    My question, have you installed UAPP on both the Zidoo and your smartphone?

6. enry184

enry184 Member

Of course yes, otherwise how do you control the UAPP installed in the Zidoo? In addition to the UAPP, you can also install the mconnect app on your smartphone which also works very well

Ozzyoz likes this.
  7. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Thanks again for the prompt response, can I use you again?
    Since I have a Z9X with 2GB memory and perhaps it could be limited, could it still be fine or is a higher model better?
    Do you feel like giving me some advice?
    Thank you

8. enry184

enry184 Member

Experiment and see how the Z9X performs. The UHD3000 will definitely be superior to the Z9X. Possibly you could buy the Eversolo DMP-A6. I didn't buy it because I already had the UHD3000 which is very good

Ozzyoz likes this.
  9. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hi enry184 , sorry but I'm taking up more of your time
    Well, I did everything and installed UAPP pro licensed version on both objects: Zidoo and the smartphone.
    I put the "UPNP Renderer" flag on the Zidoo side.
    Everything is ok on the Zidoo side, it sees the USB dac and everything works.... but I can't make it work on the smartphone, in the sense that UAPP is installed and works but I can't manage towards the Zidoo, what's missing?
    Is there any particular sentting? I haven't found anything that determines the difference between Server and Client...

Or maybe is this ....
    "you can also install the mconnect app on your smartphone which also works very well "

in this case i find diffent app ... mconnect player ( not free ) , mconnect player lite ( free ) and mconnect control .
    which one of these ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi all - yes I've been reading these past few posts with keen interest. My lack of knowledge didn't help when I posted above, my apologies.

I too would like to control UAPP or even my Zidoo itself to play my music without having to turn my TV on. Usually these days I navigate to what I want to play then turn my TV's screen off for the duration - I've set a favourite button on the front of my TV to do this, which my LG allows. I enjoy playing music on both an attached USB hub as well as using UAPP in gonjunction with TIDAL. Sometimes I use UAPP but more often than not I use Zidoo's Media Player - as mentioned before my music is relayed via USB to my Z8 DAC then through my Receiver.

Ok so forgetting UAPP for a minute, is it possible to control the Zidoo without switching the TV on? I'll admit I'm confused and I don't really understand this server client stuff. I know there's a Zidoo app and have an Android Tablet as well as an Android Phone. Never heard of mconnect - I'll google :)

What would be the easiest way of playing my music both with or without UAPP, without switching the TV on?

Thanks

11. enry184

enry184 Member

Remember that you need to activate the UPNP/DLNA server within UAPP in the Zidoo. Then open UAPP in your smartphone and select cast and select UAPP Renderer. As for mconnect, I downloaded Mconnect Player - Cast AV, the paid version

Attached Files:

rozel likes this.
  12. enry184

enry184 Member

To do this you must necessarily install UAPP or use Roon, since the UHD3000 is Roon Ready. If you're only interested in Tidal, you don't need anything because the UHD3000 is tidal connect

13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

But this is alien to me - "Cast" "Server" "Client", nevermind UPNP/DLNA are words which I have no understanding. Your screenshot is very helpful but what does "Cast" do exactly? And after you've selected it, how do you terminate it, so that I can use UAPP for example in my Car or with my other standalone Bluetooth Speakers. Sorry but I am a total noob with this stuff

14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Sorry but this now confuses me totally - I'll bow out at this point with apologies for troubling you

15. enry184

enry184 Member

It's difficult to explain and make yourself understood when you don't speak the same language. I am Italian and I write by translating everything with Google. Read my previously written messages and see if you understand something

rozel likes this.
  16. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

I am italian too :D .....

17. enry184

enry184 Member

Good :D

18. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

However, I didn't understand if in addition to setting the cast part as you recommended I also have to install Mconnect or BubbleUpnp
    Sorry .... Comunque non ho capito se oltre ad abilitare la parte di Cast come mi hai consigliato , dovrò anche installare Mconnect o BubbleUpnp

19. enry184

enry184 Member

No, if you use mconnect you don't need to install UAPP or UPNP bubble on your smartphone. If you use UAPP you don't need to install mconnect and bubble UPNP on your smartphone

20. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Ah I succeeded, it works... the only situation that bothers me is the following.
    If I exit UAPP from the smartphone I have to do everything again, it loses all the settings on the Cast and goes back to local mode.
    I have to turn everything off and on again in the mode you described before and set the cast on the smartphone