Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

I have firmware of zidoo v6.3.60_G and tidal 2.83.1

But my question how do you controll Tidal app on zidoo when it doesn't react on remote controll ?
    I have zidoo remote bt control I beleive v9 b

2. salora

salora Member

You'll need tidal on smartphone/tablet and use tidal connect

3. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

I know i have to have tidal on my phone . I run tidal on my mobile but don't see tidal on zidoo ,because I cant control tidal on zidoo .

4. salora

salora Member

Well if the phone is on the same wifi/wired network as the zidoo.
    If tidal is running and connected on the zidoo when a song is played the hitting the small speaker top right of the app no reason you cannot see your zidoo as an available player.
    May not be related to zidoo but to tidal aswell

5. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

I know all of this . But you may not read correctly what I wrote on begginnig .
    How do I run Tidal on zidoo ? When I can't controll it ??????
    This are terms before login . But I can't accept it . Because what ever i press on remote it does nothing

Attached Files:

6. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

Does anyone know the button combination on remote control which will enable air mouse ???

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Just get a cordless mouse - job done

8. salora

salora Member

Right my bad then i thought you just could not control it with connect. Sorry.
    I have the uhd3000 and have a mouse button on the remote.
    Can't you plug a keyboard/mouse on your zidoo? Or use the zidoo control app?

9. Z49845

Z49845 Member

I use sometimes a Logitech K830 wireless keyboard with touchpad with my UHD3000. This is not a bluetooth device, so you need a free USB port for the receiver dongle. In extendeded settings you can choose the keyboard layout.
    I leave the dongle always connected, to use the keyboard i just switch it on. It is working in most places where you can input text inHT4. Only the search field in the music player does not use the keyboard.

salora likes this.
  10. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

ok, I connect the mouse I was able to login into Tidal, but still had several problems.
    Tidal is running on Zidoo, I run it on my phone Tidal app and play songs, and when I try to select the device via the small speaker icon I see only: This device.
    Zidoo is connected via ethernet cable (Rj45) to my local network and my phone is connected via WiFi to the local router on the same network.

And the secondary problem is when I play music directly in Tidal in Zidoo it's plays only via HDMI, but when I tried to connect McIntosh d150 as an external DAC and it not play via USB.

11. salora

salora Member

Well the first one is a tidal connect issue.
    I have the same now, it worked and for some reason i can't explain i can't see my zidoo anymore.

Regarding the second issue, well i have an uhd3000 so maybe it's different for yours.
    But either i have to toggle usb audio on the zidoo settings ( maybe you don't have that?) Or tidal app always ask me direct control of my usb connected dac ( eversolo z8) and then i don't have to toggle usb audio in the uhd3000 settings.
    Does the tidal app ask you to allow connection to your dac?

12. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

Yes, zidoo asked to control mcintosh d150 and I have turn on sound on USB because I listen my dsd/flac from zidoo via usb on mci . So all this works . Only tidal doesnt works

13. salora

salora Member

Well if you allow tidal to control your dac you have to turn off usb audio output on your zidoo's settings as giving control bypasses your settings. I had to do that. It's either usb audio on with deny dac control , or usb audio off and allow control.
    And i tried to use tidal connect from a computer on the same wired network as my zidoo it don't work anymore.
    For me i'll just cancel my trial.

14. ja.viper

ja.viper New Member

I turn off the USB audio on Zidoo and I have connected MCi via Optic an cinch but still not sound from playing music in tidal via external DAC ...
    And just one more question, Tidal connect is a part of the standard installation of the Tidal app, or is some other apk?

15. Zsoly

Zsoly New Member

Hello, I have a Neo s connected to a Classé Audio Sigma SSP mk2, but I have been experiencing a lot of problems between the two devices over the last few days. I don't know if it's just me messing up settings or if there is a fault in one of the devices. When I connect it with xlr cable I use the dac of Zidoo, in the settings HDMI audio close,SPDIF RAW, internal player dac. I put the Classé in bypass mode. I have had several occasions where the sound disappears during playback, while the neo s seem to keep giving the sound. If I have connected a projector with these settings only to display the picture, it has also happened several times that the Classé will go into standby mode while a movie is playing, if I turn it back on the movie will start playing after about 1 minute, so the zidoo is giving the signal continuously. With a digit coax connection the Classé's dac is working, here if I play music from the zidoo it is pretty much fine ,of course in this case I turn off the dac in the settings on the neo and the Classé is not in bypass mode to handle the incoming signal. However with the same settings when playing a movie if I press pause and start again some horrible crackling comes out of the speakers every time, I had the amp disabled. Or when it is in pause mode and I turn the volume control on the Classé, it keeps clicking. I have checked all cables, tried several types with the same result. If I don't use the Zidoo, but a Sonos with a coax cable, there is no problem, just like when I connect a TV decoder with hdmi picture and optical sound, the Classé works for several hours without any problems. So I have a feeling that there is some kind of communication error between the Zidoo and the Classé and the Classé locks up for protection. I find it strange that when I change the source on the Classé or in other cases the Zidoo's built-in screen flashes, goes dark, I don't know if this is normal, but it doesn't seem to be. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

This is not the place to report problems with streaming services or specific setups.
    I would open dedicated posts for them instead. The chance anybody sees them gets much better then.

I don't use Tidal myself so can't help there. Tidal Connect is a specific additional service as far as I know. Similar to Roon but specific.

17. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy New Member

I am looking into the Z20 Pro, a new model. The specs imply that it can output DSD files natively without PCM conversion. This thread suggests otherwise. Does anyone know the full story with the new model? I would prefer DSD output bitstreamed over HDMI direct to the receiver. Conversion to PCM in my scenario is not a good thing. Any thoughts?

18. Nice Monkey

@originalsnuffy
    A link was added to my recent Eversolo DMP-A6 review.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/review-and-need-to-know-dmp-a6-streamer-final-draft.95817/
    This a Music Streamer only not an universal media player. That one does 2CH/MCH DSD via HDMI with excellent sound.

None of the current RTD1619BPD models will support DSD via HDMI despite some models having a 2nd dedicated HDMI Audio port. These are just meant to bypass video limitations imposed by the AMP for 4K/HDR/DV/HDR10+ etc.

This streamer is an excellent addition to a Z9X Pro for video at a combined nice price.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
  19. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy New Member

Does this comment apply to the new models such as the Z20Pro? The specs imply that this unit has new capabilities with regard to DSD over HDMI.

By the way, one of your posts implies that SACD was supplanted by BD PCM. I would suggest that SACD (well really DSD) is a superior technology to PCM. Granted it has become a niche technology but even Mobile Fidelity has used DSD to capture its master files.

20. Nice Monkey

No there is nothing new/better for DSD coming with these models. BD's always use uncompressed LPCM or HD for DTS or DD.

Zidoo says SACD is implemented lossless. In fact it does this 2CH/MCH by DSD => PCM (172.4 24-bit) conversion using HDMI. The internal DAC path with UHD5000 is Native DSD but restricted to 2CH.
    You may argue if that is to be considered lossless?

Only Neo Alpha and Eversolo DMP-A6 offer Native DSD via HDMI.

gymnos likes this.