Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

As far as i am informed HDMI and S/PDIF outputs work concurrently. They can't be set both to RAW though (info specifically confirmed to me by Zidoo Staff).
    But using an USB enabled DAC is far better as it supports higher bitrate for PCM, DD and DTS.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  2. AEJ

AEJ New Member

Hi thanks
    I have coax and USB imputs i can use on my DAC this is purely to use my high quality DAC i already own ..Of course i can play flac wav etc via HDMI too into my AV processor but my experience is running music thru a high quality DAC gives a superior sound.....so if the HDMI and S/PDIF outputs work concurrently i can use the USB and COAX option for 2ch music files
    thanks aln
    alan

3. AEJ

AEJ New Member

Hi....Another question does the 3000 and Z1000pro have a good noise reduction system like you get in disc players as this is very important as there are some very noisy blu-rays and 4K uHD disc around thanks again

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me too and I believe you own a Z1000 Pro like myself which is positioned as a "High End model"

Given the UHD3000 issues and given it's positioned as a "HiFi model", I really think we are overdue a detailed comparison/review between these two models. I may be tempting fate, but I've never once had an issue with my Zidoo, never had to restart it (I always switch off for 30 seconds after updating the firmware) and it plays magnificently with my gear. I hear all sorts of guff regarding this and that as it relates to the HiFi models but seriously in my case I think "High End" is a great model description for the Z1000 Pro but as far as the HiFi models are concerned, all I can say is I am glad I did not waste my money.

As usual, just my tuppence worth

5. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

The best digital video noise reduction system is no noise reduction system. Zidoo has no DNR adjustment (I believe) so it has the best one. You may find DNR setting in your TV/display that you can configure to filter out film grains along with picture details in the process.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. Nice Monkey

Hi-End models:
    - Have a very sturdy chassis with great looks
    - Have an ample 12V 5A PSU
    - Are bundled with an BT Remote control
    - Use the fancy Black GUI
    The motherboard is identical though and so it the FW regarding features and functionality.

HiFi model features are identical to High End models with a DAC panel being added and a Linear PSU. Neo models have also an OLED front panel and Headphone outputs and Neo X a better components motherboard.

7. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hey guys
    Lately the posters do not show the data of the directors and actors.
    Can you tell me how can I solve this problem?
    Thank you very much.
    joe
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?
    THANK YOU.
    joe

9. Arch30n

Arch30n New Member

Totally agree you with but for now it break sounds on the HMDI outputs. Only HDMI and COAX are working together. Furethemore USB Audio is the only solution for DSD on the Zidoo (don't know for HDMI but there is not much DAC with HDMI input on the market, unlike AVRs)

10. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Hello guys. I need some information regarding the UHD3000. It seems that this is the only Zidoo model with dual HDMI outputs. I know that the second HDMI is for sound only but what I would like to know is if I can have sound output from both HDMI ports at the same time.

The reason for this is because I want to get sound from the main HDMI which is connected to my Marantz receiver and also from the JVC Exofield headphones that I was thinking of connecting to the secondary HDMI output.

Right now I have my Exofield headphones connected after my Sony A90J through eARC but with this setup I get some annoying audio delay. My Z9X has only optical which I currently use in combination with the HDMI output but if I connect my headphones this way I loose Dolby Atmos due to bandwidth limitations. My only solution is a player that has dual HDMI outputs that can work both at the same time.

11. Nice Monkey

Yes sound via both is supported.

Stratos_K likes this.
  12. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thank you for the reply. Is sound always on, on the secondary hdmi or there is some setting to enable it? Also I presume since it's hdmi there are no restrictions on the sound formats this can output, correct?

13. Nice Monkey

RAW mode can be used and it is selectable for sound via both.

14. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

The secondary HDMI always outputs sound or it has to be enabled in the settings?

15. Nice Monkey

Needs to be enabled (or left unused).

Stratos_K likes this.
  16. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Thanks bud. Greatly appreciated.

17. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

One last question. From what I understood there is an option to have audio from either the main HDMI or both HDMIs. Is there an option to have audio only from the secondary HDMI also or only main or both are available?

Also if it is not too much trouble can you make a photo of the menu setting where the HDMI audio is handled?

18. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Are you talking about a 20TB network HDD? (I read that internally the UHD3000's 32-bit Android limits one to 16TB HDDs.)

19. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Now that I've finished reading this thread to help me decide whether to buy a UHD3000...after noticing much focus on audio, I wonder whether the UHD3000 is the unit, and Zidoo is the manufacturer, I should be looking at since my focus in on video (not audio) playback on my newish UHD TV.

20. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

You may like to peruse this page. https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-player-specification-comparison-sheet/ My understanding is there are no differences in the video specs for any of the models. For me the UHD3000 seems somewhat more substantial, can be completely self contained as far as storage with 2 hdd bays and I think the upper limit for hdd is 16TB each. These are the factors that influenced my decision to go for the UHD3000

AC 110~120/220~240V 50/60Hz (built-in switching power supply + linear power supply) , RAM 4GB DDR4, eMMC 32GB