Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Miguelon0

Miguelon0 New Member

Hello, I am a new owner of the uhd 3000, I have read to other colleagues on the forum who have the same problem as me, I have the zidoo connected to the 2 hdmi outputs, one to the tv and another to the av. When I watch movies sometimes the audio stops for 1 or 2 seconds and then it goes on. It doesn't do it in every movie and when it does it is only once in the entire movie. Have they been able to solve it? Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never used Dual HDMI with it myself. Sorry.

3. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i have similar audio drop out (not exactly the same) w another media player when playing music. i suspect it might be hdmi cec related. to cut to the chase, might be u can try removing all the other hdmi connections in your system (not just turning off the other hdmi device) and see if the issue will go away.

4. Nice Monkey

My Philips TV will interrupt Audio multiple times after being switched off (in standby) doing several HDMI handshakes during the first 15 minutes or so. Only unplugging makes it really shut up. After that time it doesn't anymore. Using the DAC output with UHD3000/ NeoX it doesn't happen.

5. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

mine also manifest after turning off the tv (abt 5 mins). since miguelon0 said it happened when he was watching movies so i suspected it might be other devices in his system. anyway, just an idea, no harm trying.

6. Djdragon

Djdragon Member

Hi
    I see you have a Philips 55oled805. I also have a Philips 65oled805. I have used one up until now, a Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo, and it worked stably with CEC.
    Now I've ordered a Zidoo Z1000 pro, and I'm worried about CEC. Because the CEC function is important to me, and I see you also have a Z9X, can you tell me whether you have problems with your Z9X with your oled805?
    In the Hungarian forum several users also reported that since the last update several problems with CEC appeared, which were not the case before.
    Thanks for in advance.

7. Nice Monkey

CEC worked fine when I tested it directly with my TV but using an Onkyo in-between it is useless so I turned it off and even added a Lindy HDMI-CEC blocker.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Djdragon likes this.
  8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

9. Nice Monkey

Updated my aggregated problem list with ROON ready for UHD3000.
    Now just waiting for the Neo models to get it too.

Somebody posting ROON experiences would be nice.
    ROON: Multi-Room, Multi-Brand and Multi Casting for local content and streaming services.
    For me this has no use as I have just a small home and a big own collection with no need for any of the above. Won't try it myself.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  10. Ebrahim Almehza

Ebrahim Almehza New Member

Hello there, first of all I would like to thank you you all for the zidoo devices support.
    I do have a home theater that includes 7.2.4 setup and I'm using yamaha aventage cx-a5200 as an av processor. My question is does the uhd3000 support 7.1 setup or not ?? I was reading this post and I'm surprised when I've read that this high end device doesn't support 7.1 .

Please tell me that I'm wrong cause I'm at the edge of pulling the trigger on purchasing the uhd3000.

Second question... I know that the uhd3000 is suitable for hifiers but my question is it worthy to pay for it or shall I go for the Z1000 Pro? I mean is there any benefits for just movies watching ??

Thanks in advance

11. Nice Monkey

Where did I write it does not support 7.1? For sure it does including Atmos and DTS-X.

No if you only watch movies then there is little advantage in getting the UHD300o beyond: 4 GByte RAM, Dual HDMI outputs and Dual Internal HDD bays.

gymnos likes this.
  12. Ebrahim Almehza

Ebrahim Almehza New Member

I meant this post .

So is there any advantages of sound and picture quality on the uhd3000 among the others in movies ?

13. Nice Monkey

Only can repeat the above: No quality/functional difference for any model from Dune, Zappiti or Zidoo in alphabetical order.
    For MCH Music it is a very different story and also for MovieWall implementations.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  14. thaworn R

thaworn R Member

My z10Pro get PCM 5.1 over HDMI.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  15. Nice Monkey

And so did the Z10 and even X10 before that one since many years. RAW output via HDMI was never a problem for PCM/DD/DTS in all flavors.

thaworn R likes this.
  16. AEJ

AEJ New Member

Hi i already have a nice DAC and CD-T so looking at the Z1000pro, a question..can i output the 2ch audio via coax on the z1000pro into my external DAC and still be able to see what im doing on screen via HDMI at the same time ? as Z1000pro does not have 2 HDMI outputs for video and audio like the 3000 does..thanks

17. Gennadiy Gleyzer

Gennadiy Gleyzer New Member

Good afternoon everyone, I'm a new user of "zidoo uhd 3000", I had a question about the settings: I use 2 HDMI outputs, one to the TV and the other to the receiver, when using the internal player, the sound works fine via HDMI which is connected to the amplifier, if I use the input USB IN on zidoo to i have silence , am I doing something wrong, or only analog audio output works in such a scheme (because I hear sound in this setting), and not HDMI. Hope somebody explain what happens . Thanks

18. Nice Monkey

USB Input is for the DAC panel directly and produces only sound via analog out. It won't produce sound via HDMI using one or two ports ever.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  19. Gennadiy Gleyzer

Gennadiy Gleyzer New Member

Thank you for the answer everything is clear

20. AEJ

AEJ New Member

Hi anyone Know please ??