Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No worries - glad it's sorted!

There are a few oddities in the media info code at the moment - for example SDR movies get flagged as HDR after playback and these should be addressed in the next update..

vddan likes this.
  2. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

To have use it a couple of times, this function is extremly useful! I look forward to get it officially in the next firmware with the new logo setting.

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

For those who are interested....

Please note that Posterwall offers customization options....

- You can import your own icon (widget) and change the background.

- Create your own Category/Theme and import your associated icon.

See you soon

4. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

I have an issue with a movie named Shadow (2018). It's on TMDB but zidoo HT won't scan it correctly. It pulls in a different movie so I downloaded the poster and background however I can't seem to find out how to change the synopsis to reflect the movie. It's showing the synopsis for the wrong movie. How can I change this.

5. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  6. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Yes that's the movie but like you said I can't match it when trying to rematch

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You could try to rename the files with the original title of the movie (and let the english title for the folder if you put every movie in a folder):

影 (2018)

8. Rickboy62

Rickboy62 New Member

Ok thanks I'll give it a try

9. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

First time I've started toying around with the HT4.0 Posterwall. For its library I created a small test share. It contains some movies, TV-series, music videos, theater-performances and documentaries. Just for getting acquainted with how the app works.

A few questions after the initial scan, if you don't mind.

How can I add a picture as poster to a video that's in the "Unmatched" folder? Some videos are quite rare and need a custom provided image.
    How can I move videos from the "Movies" category to another - or custom made - category?
    Within "Movies", is it possible to create a 1-poster item for a collection, so that after entering, a sub-page with each title from that collection is shown? Don't like the default "Collections" as category.

Thanks

10. muha

muha Active Member

I think with placing nfo file and jpeg and in Preference enable NFO parase and Using local images first?

11. Markswift2003

The unmatched video needs matching first, even if it's just a dummy match and then you can edit all details in the web interface. You can rematch in the GUI as I'm sure you've found but you can't edit other than change images.

As @muha says, the most elegant solution is to create a simple NFO file (Kodi compliant) with the details you want and a MovieName-poster.jpg and MovieName.fanart.jpg in the folder and rescan using local images and NFO preference.

There are two fixed categories, Movies and TV so content goes into one or the other but you can add custom categories using the "edit" widget on the main HT page and add content into that.

Not sure what you mean by the collection thing.. what you describe is how collections work already?

12. muha

muha Active Member

basic nfo

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <movie>
    <title>DEUS no more videos</title>
    <originaltitle>DEUS no more videos</originaltitle>
    <path>/storage/0AF60502F604EFAD/Video/Concert/Deus/DEUS no more videos.iso</path>
    <filenameandpath>/storage/0AF60502F604EFAD/Video/Concert/Deus/DEUS no more videos.nfo</filenameandpath>
    <basepath>/storage/0AF60502F604EFAD/Video/Concert/Deus/DEUS no more videos.iso</basepath>
    <genre>Music</genre>
    <art>
    <poster>/storage/0AF60502F604EFAD/Video/Concert/Deus/DEUS no more videos-poster.jpg</poster>
    <fanart>/storage/0AF60502F604EFAD/Video/Concert/Deus/DEUS no more videos-fanart.jpg</fanart>
    </art>

13. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Thanks @muha for the NFO example. I'll go try one out.
    Thanks. Would you care to explain how to achieve such a "dummy match" ?
    Yes, I figured that out. But my point is, the video that I add to another category also stays in the "Movie" category. Which I don't like; it's not a movie. That's why I create custom categories in the first place. Hence my initial question being about moving to another category.

As for the "Collections" question: things are ok. My apologies; I was a bit confused.

14. Markswift2003

Just search for any valid movie and match to that and then edit the details in the web interface.

The best option is an NFO though.

As I said, these are two fixed categories so I'm afraid content has to go into one or the other - it can't be moved out.

15. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Clear. Thanks Mark.

16. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I could never figure out why they did not clue into this logic as well.

Mabon likes this.
  17. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

On the other hand I put Only Murders in the Building (TV series) into Movies by accident. HT found all the details. I then moved the folder and files into TV and no problem. This is on a UHD3000 so I don't know if it reacts differently?

18. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

They are really nice but quite tedious to insert the images in the system after so complex HT.

19. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean

20. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

...too much extra work to insert these icon images after complex HT settings.