Posterwall (HT4.0)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Apr 16, 2021.

1. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

2. Valkyrie2407

Valkyrie2407 New Member

Just a quick question on the Dolby vision widget available. Are titles automatically added into the category upon viewing or it will auto scan for DV titles in the connected drive? I notice there are also titles with DV (BDMV) format that isn't listed in the category even upon viewing. Is it possible to manually add in DV title into the category?

3. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Oops......Sorry !

4. KST

KST New Member

Hi guys

I am all new to Zidoo. Have been with the Zappti moviewall for a long time. But really like Zidoo and they have some really nice things Zappiti do not.

One questions: How do I move the widgets?
    Lets say I have now >> Movie - TV - Unmatch - Chrildren
    But would like the ordre >> Movie - TV - Chrildren - Unmatch

I can not quite figure out how to move them

BTW thanks for some great info/guides here :)

5. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You have a widget named Edit. Clic on it and select « SORT ». In the list to the right, select the widget that you want to move and press OK with your remote control. Then, use the UP/DOWN keys of the remote to change his position. Press OK one more time to finish.

That will be the same to sort the genres.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  6. KST

KST New Member

Thanks for amswer. Works great.

7. KST

KST New Member

Another question. I have now scanned all my movies and TV Shows, having around 1500 movies ind my collection and a lot og tv shows also.
    I sees like the Zidoo having problems with posters. They a loading vers slowly when I scroll down through my collcetion. Is it normal or something I am missing?

I have a Zidoo Z1000 pro. I can see that the UHD3000 have more ram. It would probably help?

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Scroll down a first time and then the Zidoo will load the posters much faster the next times (all the thumbnails will be « stored » in the cache of the app).

KST likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just to add to this, you'll notice that if you goto Settings/Preferences in HT4 you lose all the cached posters so you see them all load slowly and individually again - very annoying.

As @Inikad says, scroll through to the bottom and they all once again become cached.

allisterfiend likes this.
  10. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Even if you change nothing in the settings? I didn't pay attention to this bug.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
  11. KST

KST New Member

Thanks for answers guys.

Have been playing around with now and can see what you mean @Markswift2003
    It is quit annoying.

Is there anybody here that have the UHD3000 that can tell me if it is faster. When it comes to showing posters?

12. Markswift2003

I just keep away from "Preferences" unless I really need to change or check something.

If I do happen to go into Preferences I then open the "All" page and scroll to the bottom (slowly!) to allow all the posters to cache.

Unfortunately that doesn't cache those posters inside collections - the only way to do that is to open the collection.

Ideally all posters should be cached during scraping.

Mabon likes this.
  13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Mine Has to re-cache every time I turn on my Z9X. It is very very annoying.

allisterfiend likes this.
  14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Hello Klaus,

It is possible to have 1 static wallpaper for every posterwall, and the detailpages will stay as they are.

Go to the settings of HT4, and set a static wallpaper for your posterwall in the wallpaper section. (Screenshot_1)

Then go to Preference, and turn dynamic background off (Bottom switch, Screenshot_2)

That's it

Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

KST likes this.
  15. KST

KST New Member

It is not the best. Really hope it is something Zidoo is working on, so that it will be more smothe.

Telectricity likes this.
  16. Markswift2003

I've never seen that behaviour - just tried turning off and on again and all posters were still cached.

17. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Maybe try to empty the cache of the app in Quick Settings, other, about, advanced settings, applications, HT4.0 (you will have an option to do that) and see what will happen next time.

18. KST

KST New Member

Strange. I have done as you say. Slowly down under ALL so that all posters at loading nicely. I also did go inside the big collections so that they also load.
    But already when I go up again after all have loaded it is a problem again.

If I move to fast up again there are no posters all have to load again

19. Markswift2003

How many posters do you have in the "All" View?

20. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

You don't need a big collection of movies, I have the same problem with about 350 movies.