PlexToZidoo : An external player for plex using native Zidoo player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by gogo789, Nov 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlingbeeg

bowlingbeeg Active Member

RDS - Z9X Pro likes this.
  2. RDS - Z9X Pro

RDS - Z9X Pro New Member

Thanks for this. Will it also appear in the repository quickly for automatic update within Kodi?

3. bowlingbeeg

Yes, it's already there

4. RDS - Z9X Pro

RDS - Z9X Pro New Member

Thanks, I was finally able to force Kodi to refresh the repository manually and the new version appeared.

I have a question about the app as well. On the settings page, under the PlayerUI tab nothing appears. Are there supposed to be some settings available within that tab or is it understood to be empty in ZidooPlexMod?

Attached Files:

5. bowlingbeeg

Yes that's normal for the ZidooPlexMod version. Those options are visible in the upstream version(PM4K) where it uses the Kodi internal player. Since we use the external Zidoo player those options don't pertain so I remove them from ZidooPlexMod, otherwise it confuses people.

gyrene2083 and RDS - Z9X Pro like this.
  6. karmu

karmu Member

Hi,
    a short question:
    Is it possible to add a switch that changes between internal and external (PlexToZidoo) players?
    The background is that I would like to use this Kodi addon on my secondary player (Raspi with OSMC).

7. bowlingbeeg

If you want to run Plex on a non-Zidoo player then just install the upstream fork that ZidooPlexMod is based on.
    https://forums.plex.tv/t/plexmod-for-kodi-18-19-20-21/481208

8. karmu

karmu Member

Thanks for that.
    I thought this addon was no longer being developed, but there are current versions now.
    Nice to see

9. RDS - Z9X Pro

RDS - Z9X Pro New Member

bowlingbeeg, I have a few more feature questions if you're able to answer:

1) Is the watchlist functionality not available in this version of Plex?
    2) The app does not display the edition text anywhere for movies that use the edition tag in the filename (such as "Director's Cut"). Is that also not implemented in this Plex version?
    3) Is the newer sidebar interface not used in the Android TV versions of Plex, or is the KodiPlex fork just older or not implementing that change yet?

10. bowlingbeeg

1) Correct, there is no watchlist at this point. The upstream developer has mentioned it's on his todo list but no guarantees he'll actually get to it.
    2) Yeah, it looks like the edition tag isn't used in the code at all. I can take a look at adding that.
    3) This fork of Kodi does not use a sidebar. The upstream developer has mentioned maybe trying to update the UI a little bit more but I don't know what his plans are.

11. karmu

karmu Member

I still have a little problem:
    If the original 'PlexMod for Kodi' is installed, the 'Start with Kodi' of ZidooPlexMod does not work.
    If I set autostart in both addons, sometimes the first addon starts, sometimes the second addon.
    (I've installed the 'PlexMod for Kodi' because a few videos only work with the Kodi player, not with the internal Zidoo player.)

12. bowlingbeeg

13. RDS - Z9X Pro

RDS - Z9X Pro New Member

Wow, thanks for the fast update! I just tried it and it works!

14. bowlingbeeg

Ok yeah it looks like there might be a problem with having them both installed and some of the settings. Both apps use the same window IDs so when their service starts they're both writing status to the same place. So it looks to one like it's already started up and therefore won't launch automatically. I think I can fix that but they were never really meant to be run at the same time so there could be other issues. Obviously you wouldn't want to set them both to automatically boot on kodi startup as that will never work.

15. bowlingbeeg

I pushed out a new version 0.2.6 to the bowlingbeeg.kodi repo to try and fix this. Please let me know if it worked for you.

gyrene2083 likes this.
  16. karmu

karmu Member

Hi,
    of course not both should start at the same time.
    And the autostart is only used by ZidooPlexMod.

Thank you,
    I'll try it after work.

17. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

I don't see 0.2.6 in the repository. Highest I have is 0.2.4.

18. karmu

karmu Member

So I've tested the new version with several Kodi starts at it works as it should.
    Thanks for that.

I've reinstalled the repository file, after that, the 0.2.6 was there.

gyrene2083 likes this.
  19. gyrene2083

gyrene2083 Member

Thanks I'll try that.

That did the trick, thanks again.

20. bowlingbeeg

The auto check is supposed to check once a day unless you have it disabled in the Kodi settings. To check go to the "install from repo" option in the addons section. Then select the bowlingbeeg.kodi repo. Once in the repo click to the left. From there you can force it to check for updates or go into the settings and make sure you don't have the "Updates" disabled.

RDS - Z9X Pro and gyrene2083 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.