New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

Could this be a solution? It will not connect the Eversolo 5V to the cd drive. You can then use an external psu without the need of a usb hub

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dc-p...or-dc-55-21mm-female-power-supply-p-8332.html

FunnyChap likes this.
  2. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

It seems that Eversolo DMP-A6's equivalent in the higher end line by Zidoo is the Zidoo Neo S (5in screen) which costs $1599-$2586 (depends on the merchant) and comes preinstalled with a LPS and a few extras (which I don't care because I use an external DAC) for those customers who don't have to upgrade the Eversolo DMP-A6's LPS themselves which voids the warranty; but I saved $500 by doing it myself and tinkering was fun.

Also the Eversolo has a bigger 6in screen whereas the Zidoo has a 5in screen.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

And saved 500, but spent 500 more because the LPSU is already included.
    And, BTW, a LPSU for a streamer only is even more like throwing your money in sewer: totally useless.

fofocho and RolandG like this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My fealing says the LPS improves sound marginaly via HDMI with my AMP being an Onkyo. Using the internal DAC it seems not the matter (much)?
    So not useless but one should not expect too much.

The Zidoo Neo S is a high-end media player mainly because of the Front Display and having a hybrid LPS. The DAC is slightly below a UHD3000/UHD5000 which in fact is cheaper.
    For a really top Sabre DAC design you need to get a Neo Alpha or even better a Neo X if you still can find one.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  5. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Yes you have voided the warranty, ruined the resale value wasted money to gain absolutely nothing in terms of sound quality, but if there was an ‘audiophile’ badge …
    Keith

fofocho, Mister L, RolandG and 2 others like this.
  6. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

not necessarily….you can always revert back to the stock psu in case you need to appeal to the warranty or resell it….who will notice it?

Stix17 and FunnyChap like this.
  7. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

After owning several ESS Sabre dac (Topping E50/E70, bluesound node has a Texas Instruments dac, Arcam AVR5) which sound good but give me ear fatigue and doesn't sound 3D live, especially the vocalists), I'm sold on R2R dac from Denafrips (I own Denafrips Ares II 12th and liked it so much that I moved it to my 2ndary system in the living room, and upgraded to the Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1) and I am never going back to a delta-sigma dac (except in my car head unit).

8. Purité Audio

octavius and Nutul like this.
  9. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

You are theorizing.
    Only one way to find out if there’s a SQ improvement with your gear/room/ears, do an a/b listening comparison.

Stix17 likes this.
  10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

One needs 2 units to do that. I don´t disagree with the statement.

Nutul likes this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am keen to tell you that you are not going to win this battle: his ears win. He is able to hear a difference when the A6 is plugged to the same (R2R) external DAC, teh A6 being powered by the regular SPSU or the LPSU. And this not in a blind test... just by ear with before-and-after listening. ;-)

fofocho, RolandG and octavius like this.
  12. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

2 units would be ideal but the reality is that most people only have one unit, so if we get more enjoyment after any changes, then that's good enough for me.
    And when I hear the same from most people then I feel confident making a purchase.
    And it's an actual test drive from experience with my setup, not a theory that something is better/worse from reading measurements only.
    If you don't agree, you don't have to read or respond to my experience.

I'm off to enjoy some music now.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    Stix17 likes this.
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

measurements are not theory.

Arch30n and RolandG like this.
  14. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Resume: When one installs a LPS to eleminate some noise one has never heard and this noise then is no longer there, this is an improvement in sound to his ears.

Ok. Got it!

Peter Wallop, octavius, Nutul and 3 others like this.
  15. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

16. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

In addition to an LPS, I noticed that the highend $5200 Hifi Rose RS130 also comes with builtin galvanic isolation for the ethernet RJ45 jack.

So I'm thinking of purchasing these external products that do the same for the Eversolo DMP-A6: iFi LAN iSilencer, muon pro Streaming System, eno Ethernet Filter

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  17. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I set my amp on volume max. I set my DMP A6 to volume pass through. I bend my knees and put my ears first to the left and than to the right speaker. And I heard nothing! No disturbing noise. Absolute silence! What can I do now, to remove the noise that I can not hear to get an improvement in sound?

fofocho, RolandG and Purité Audio like this.
  18. Purité Audio

REW and a microphone if you really want to improve sound quality and it will only set you back an inexpensive USB mic.
    Keith

Nutul likes this.
  19. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

My review of the iFi LAN Silencer for the ethernet RJ45 jack on the Eversolo DMP-A6:

20. Jone1973

Jone1973 Member

Thank god there is an ignore function. You are the fourth on it by spamming each thread with things wich have nothing to do with the topic. Unbelievable!