New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I am ignoring content by this member called @Fergus who has his head only for one reason...to have a place where his ears can be fixed at...:)

You will have a quick death one day. Not to give up much brain.

Now be good...
    Tie a steak to your leg, then at least the dogs outside will play with you.

2. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

The internal LPS upgrade from Beatechnik has given me so many goosebumps than ever over the stock SMPS, that it would be very difficult for the Teddy to perceivably sound better than the Beatechnik.
    https://teddypardo.com/product/eversolo/

I'm on a quest to try products that reduce noise in the whole streaming audio chain (I already have a lossless streaming source Apple Music instead of compressed Spotify), wireless home internet to my house (Verizon 5G wireless home internet instead of a noisy copper cable TV feed), quiet power supply for my network router (Netgear Orbi AX6000 RBK852 mesh) and network switches, ethernet galvanic isolation, etc.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  3. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Because I can hear a sound quality improvement with the LPS from LHY Beatechnik in my Eversolo DMP-A6.

Fergus likes this.
  4. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

No you can’t, you imagine you can, if you really want to discover the truth you need to buy another Eversolo unit and compare unsighted between the two units.
    Posting this nonsense there is the chance that others will believe you and waste their money too.
    Keith

Mister L, RolandG and maddib like this.
  5. octavius

octavius Member

Exactly for this reason, I do not like such esoteric declarations, which can then lead to senseless purchases of unsuspecting people.

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Exactly: the problem is they listen to you.

RolandG likes this.
  7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Calm down, and learn how to write: it's "they're wrong" and not "their wrong". For me this conversation can end here, it's useless to give the donkey a rifle.

8. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

I found this video by Hans Beekhuyzen that explains why I hear an improvement in the digital signal with my LPS upgrade for the Eversolo DMP-A6, due to jitter which is a timing problem of data arriving at different times (the packets are dense or sparse apart, when they should be evenly spaced), and the timing of the ramp up/down of each square wave.

Therefore, I ordered from Amazon iFi power supplies for my Netgear Orbi mesh RBK852 router, Netgear switch, as well as putting together fiber optic galvanic isolator for the ethernet feeding the Eversolo DMP-A6.

For my router: iFi iPower Elite - Low Noise Power Supply Adapter (12V)

For my Netgear switch: iFi iPower X - Low Noise Power Supply DC Adapter – Upgrade Your Audio/Video/Electronics (12V)

For my ethernet to fiber optic galvanic isolation: iFi SilentPower iPower2 - Low Noise DC Power Supply - Upgrade Your Audio/Video/Electronics (9V / 2A)…

For my ethernet to fiber optic galvanic isolation:
    TP-Link MC220L | Gigabit SFP to RJ45 Fiber Media Converter | Fiber to Ethernet Converter https://a.co/d/cii2iMY

I would also theorize that internet coming to my house via Verizon wireless 5G home internet has less noise than copper cable TV feed because there's no wire coming to my house that brings the neighborhood noise with it.

9. Purité Audio

See post #149
    Keith

RolandG, Imaodoloro and Nutul like this.
  10. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Besides the LPS upgrade for the Eversolo DMP-A6, it seems that inexpensive $20 network switches that use capacitors dry out. So I'm reevaluating my whole upstream network.

My current switch is an inexpensive $20 Netgear GS208 bought in 2016 (8 years old) and uses capacitors, so I'm going to upgrade it to the Netgear GS108E which does not use capacitors for reliability and has a lifetime warranty. I have 3 switches so I ordered 3 new Netgear GS108E.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M1C0186/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

11. Oliver Gnass

Oliver Gnass New Member

If you want to hear the full potential of the DMP-A6 ME, Upgrade to the Beatechnik LPS-A6! Do Not Hesitate!

For those who cling to measurements, theories of snake oil and voodoo and do not value listening to music but analyzing math and data, this review is not for you, and your comments are not appreciated.

I made the big leap and upgraded my Master Edition this weekend.

My system is made of:

Eversolo DMP-A6 ME, Parasound Halo P6 Preamilifier, Gold Note PA-10 Amplifier, Telurium Q Black II XLR Cables and Speaker Cables, Network Switch has an ifi Linear PS, and the network is optically isolated from the home network, Roon is served from a Mac Mini M2.

All components use IsoAcoustics Orea isolation with Butcher Block Acoustics Platform below my turntable.

My analog enjoyment is a Technics SL-1500C turntable upgraded with Ortofon Bronze Cartridge and a Gold Note PA-5 Phono Preamp

Speakers care of KEF, the LS50's and KUBE 10 Subwoofer.

I use Bass Management from the Halo P6, I am not a purist. 2.1 is a major leap.

I love listening to well presented music, Vinyl and Digital.

When I turned on the A6 ME with the LPS upgrade, after 2 hours of listening prior to the upgrade, I was simply blown away! This is a significant upgrade indeed.

The bass is tighter, more detailed, the sound stage opened wider and deeper. I felt the highs are not as sharp prior to the upgrade.

I now have a 100 hours of burnin and 20 + hours of listening behind me and there is no turning back. This upgrade and player rocks!

If you want to hear the true and full potential of the A6 ME, do not hesitate to upgrade.

Finally, I have two external LPS upgrades on my previous digital setup so many enjoyable hours with LPS upgrades and the refinement of digital music presentation.

Stix17, Dusty, Desmodromic and 2 others like this.
  12. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Congrats.
    Like u, I am not a purist anymore once I discovered how the Parasound preamp’s tone controls and bass management significantly improved music closer to a live performance.

Yes, 2.1 is a major leap. Even better is 2 identical subwoofers from what I’ve experienced in my setup.

But when I had just 1 subwoofer, I discovered that the phantom center vocalist was enhanced when I placed the subwoofer between the L and R speakers (in my case, I placed the subwoofer below the center channel speaker).

Stix17 and Oliver Gnass like this.
  13. Purité Audio

Uh-huh.
    Keith

RolandG likes this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Two subwoofers make sense ONLY if your LPF is higher than 90/100Hz, as this is more or less the threshold of omni-directional bass frequencies: below this the human ear cannot precisely discern where the sound is coming from; above this, OTH, it can.
    Now, probably @FunnyChap won't be able to see this, as he put me on his ignore-list; but the others may comment.

About the improvements of the LPS I won't comment any more; as it seems the impact of upgrade-BIAS and psychoacoustics are well ignored by the vast majority.

RolandG and Oliver Gnass like this.
  15. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

It's not about directionality but room mode. 2 subs deals better with room mode and frequency response

nesone likes this.
  16. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Well that's what measurements say, but my ears do detect directionality.

With 1 subwoofer, my ears detect directionality when it's placed below the center channel which makes a stronger presence of the phantom center vocalist standing in the middle between 2 speakers; conversely when I placed the subwoofer in the right front corner of the room then the vocalist has a stronger presence in that part of the room. All I can say is try it.

As for movies when I have all 4 identical subwoofers on or 2 surround subwoofers off, I can hear that they're off in that direction, and I hear the 2 subwoofers in front of the room.

I have the 2 subwoofers in front of the room crossovers set to a low 40 hz (because my front speakers can play down to 40 hz) , and the 2 subwoofers to the left and right of my couch at 80 Hz (because the couch speakers can play down to 70 hz).
    By the way I've read that the lower hz you can set your subwoofers will result in less directionality/localization which is a good thing; just make sure that there are no Hz gaps between your speakers and subwoofers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Just because they also cover part of the spectrum that is still directional. Say the LPF is at 120Hz, if you move your sub to the left, the 120Hz will be higher in volume from that direction.
    If you have the LPF below 90Hz you can place your sub wherever you like, the 90Hz and below will seem still to be from everywhere, not emphasized from the direction your sub is.
    It's just your ears cannot determine it if it is below (about) 90/100Hz (someone could be more sensitive, and reach 80Hz, some may just be less, and ignore at 110Hz, but that is what the human ear can do).
    Room modes and FR are generally not affected positively by how increasing the number of LFD.
    But if your experience is such, it then depends on your room geometry, and it is perfectly possible. At least in your room.

18. Oliver Gnass

Oliver Gnass New Member

I'm on a quest to try products that reduce noise in the whole streaming audio chain (I already have a lossless streaming source Apple Music instead of compressed Spotify), wireless home internet to my house (Verizon 5G wireless home internet instead of a noisy copper cable TV feed), quiet power supply for my network router (Netgear Orbi AX6000 RBK852 mesh) and network switches, ethernet galvanic isolation, etc.[/QUOTE]

Good day, I have been on your quest a couple years now. I introduced ifi LPS power supplies for my Network switch, isolated the home network optically from the dedicated switch for audio streaming and local Roon streamlining from my Mac mini M2. I also took a leap with a local Canadian supplier for hand made, extremely high quality Ethernet cables, Watchdog Digital and Analog Solutions.

Power and the quality off the network appliances in the path, do, in my listening experience, change the experience, positively.

I have heard deeper and wider sound stage, more detail and what I describe as a more focused experience.

Keep going, your investment is not in vein :). And remember, listen to and enjoy your music. Music is personal and no one but you can judge what you hear :)

Stix17 and FunnyChap like this.
  19. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

I have this experience too!

All I need for that, is to lay my legs on the table, take a good old whisky, close my eyes and smoke a joint while listening to good music.

This is dubble blind tested and absolutely reliable!

Stix17 likes this.
  20. Purité Audio

Good day, I have been on your quest a couple years now. I introduced ifi LPS power supplies for my Network switch, isolated the home network optically from the dedicated switch for audio streaming and local Roon streamlining from my Mac mini M2. I also took a leap with a local Canadian supplier for hand made, extremely high quality Ethernet cables, Watchdog Digital and Analog Solutions.

Power and the quality off the network appliances in the path, do, in my listening experience, change the experience, positively.

I have heard deeper and wider sound stage, more detail and what I describe as a more focused experience.

Keep going, your investment is not in vein :). And remember, listen to and enjoy your music. Music is personal and no one but you can judge what you hear :)[/QUOTE]
    You would probably get truly spectacular results if your money was spent in vein.
    Keith