New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The only thing I can say in support (or not...) is:
    I listen, every day. Every Day, EVERY bl**dy DAY to Hadouk Trio - Now album. On the same system since a year. Do you believe me if I say that there are some days I get startled about the details my ears jump at, and others sooo plain well known-already experience?

So what: am I deaf? Am I placebo-ed? It all depends upon what you are about to do once sit in your listening position: if tired and need some relax is leagues away from relaxed and ready to enjoy the smoothest of details... try for yourself. I am almost 56, and I don't trust my ears alone at all since 1992.

_Richard_ likes this.
  2. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

I am going to buy you another album.
    Keith

Nutul and Mister L like this.
  3. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

May be you should try streaming...

There is more than one album...

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Almost 2 new albums every month on my side. (CDs, not tracks from streaming services...) And I rip them straight away to my FLAC library.

5. Purité Audio

6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

what would you suggest, vinyl...? With CDs I am sure 100% of what I get; moreover the artist himself gets better revenue than from streaming thieves... ;)

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

ETA
    I have CDs in the hundreds... more than 12 hundred of them... (gotta find out a bigger house...)

8. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Good day, I have been on your quest a couple years now. I introduced ifi LPS power supplies for my Network switch, isolated the home network optically from the dedicated switch for audio streaming and local Roon streamlining from my Mac mini M2. I also took a leap with a local Canadian supplier for hand made, extremely high quality Ethernet cables, Watchdog Digital and Analog Solutions.

Power and the quality off the network appliances in the path, do, in my listening experience, change the experience, positively.

I have heard deeper and wider sound stage, more detail and what I describe as a more focused experience.

Keep going, your investment is not in vein :). And remember, listen to and enjoy your music. Music is personal and no one but you can judge what you hear :)[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've upgraded my 2 network switches to the iFi SilentPower iPower2 quiet power supply and what a sound quality improvement!
    You gotta think that each of my switch is $20 so Netgear must be including the cheapest power supply that they can get their hands on, therefore there's more room for improvement by upgrading to the iFi.
    Now my Eversolo DMP-A6 really sings with my recent upgrades ( linear power supply, network switches upgraded to the iFi power supply, quietest wall outlet).

Next noise reduction upgrade on my list: Cardas Clear USB cable (between the Eversolo and my DDC Denafrips Iris 12th).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    Desmodromic likes this.
  9. Purité Audio

I have just seen a pig fly past my window.
    Keith

Miki222, RolandG and Nutul like this.
  10. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I guess you live close to Battersea power station and Algie is coming back home :D:D:D

upload_2024-1-18_23-21-53.jpeg

zipe, Desmodromic and Peter Wallop like this.
  11. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Love it! :D

Desmodromic likes this.
  12. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

this is a joke I hope

RolandG and Nutul like this.
  13. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

May be you have to tidy up your room and your cabeling before buy more useless cables?

octavius, RolandG and Nutul like this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I though this could be interesting here. I love the simplicity, and accuracy at the same time, with which Julian explains the thing, and also ridicules some dogmas out there,
    Happy watching ;-)

RolandG and fofocho like this.
  15. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Love it! Thanks for the recommendation. ;)

Nutul likes this.
  16. pauldune

pauldune Member

Now I have to listen to that album too…

Nutul likes this.
  17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, didn't mean to get you all sick... follow me for further advice... :-D

18. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Wow, I've upgraded my 2 network switches to the iFi SilentPower iPower2 quiet power supply and what a sound quality improvement!
    You gotta think that each of my switch is $20 so Netgear must be including the cheapest power supply that they can get their hands on, therefore there's more room for improvement by upgrading to the iFi.
    Now my Eversolo DMP-A6 really sings with my recent upgrades ( linear power supply, network switches upgraded to the iFi power supply, quietest wall outlet).

Next noise reduction upgrade on my list: Cardas Clear USB cable (between the Eversolo and my DDC Denafrips Iris 12th).

[/QUOTE]

Because all of the components share the same electrical circuit of the room and every component's power supply creates noise that impacts other components, upgrading the Eversolo's power supply reduces the noise on this component and reduces the noise impact on other components (such as the preamplifier, amplifier, DAC, DDC). So, the entire sound system benefits from a quieter power supply.

Fergus and Desmodromic like this.
  19. Purité Audio

Please show me the audible power supply noise in the A-6’s measurements, top right plot.
    [​IMG]

Keith

Miki222, RolandG and Nutul like this.
  20. Calypso

Calypso Member

No longer in my audible range.

Nutul likes this.