New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

100's of hours of immersive, multi-genre listening, cannot be otherwise... /s

fofocho likes this.
  2. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

Yes, lots of critical listening sessions, strongly concentrated using their trustable hearing capabilities

Stix17, Arch30n and Nutul like this.
  3. Remik

Remik Member

And the marmot sits and wraps it in silver

Imaodoloro likes this.
  4. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Yep, he refused to take up your offer to do an A/B listening comparison , which would have ended all this stupid debate between ears versus measurements.

Actually the A/B listening comparison should be done at your home because it's your setup/gear/room that you noticed an improvement.

All these comments back and forth about measurements sounding better is just like those kids who go on forums to comment about a car's performance from what they've read but they don't even drive yet or have taken that car for a test drive.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    Stix17 likes this.
  5. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

So you have also been lectured in cars forums? hahaha

did you say that horsepower measurement does not count and you rely on your driving perception to assess how powerful a car is?

Nutul likes this.
  6. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Today I installed the Beatechnik LPS-A6.
    Drum roll….
    I was surprised to hear a SQ improvement because I already have a DDC Denafrips Iris 12th and DAC Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1, both have galvanic isolation.

Youtuber Hans Beekhuyzen said he thought that the improvement is now equivalent to a $2k Euro streamer (but not a $4k Euro streamer).

I spent 30% more than the stock Eversolo and I got the equivalent performance of a $2k Euro streamer which is a 100% return; this makes the LPS an excellent upgrade especially in this audio hobby of diminishing returns.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    SausageDog likes this.
  7. Remik

Remik Member

ZabawnyRozdz
    I see that the Covid vaccine worked

8. hjf

hjf New Member

Last week I've asked the seller about the power of the LPS . They told me not to connect my usb-cd-rom permanently .
    So this is a nogo for me .

9. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Sighted comparisons are completely worthless.
    Hans Beekhuyzen is an idiot.
    Keith

RolandG and Arch30n like this.
  10. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

Just use a powered USB hub, it gives you more ports, you can switch individual units in or out, this I would recommend even on the original A6 power supply.

FunnyChap and Fergus like this.
  11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

a) if your DDC and DAC are already galvanically isolated, there is nothing a LPS can bring in, as there is no electric connection.
    b) comparisons between products and their price is silly, at best.
    Be happy with it, but I would suggest you read something about electronics; that would let you understand how noise works, how galvanic isolation works, and probably also how electric/electronic noise can (or, better, cannot) affect data, apart from corrupting it.
    Now you can comment; politely, as I did. Also technically if you prefer.

RolandG likes this.
  12. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

Good to know if the CD gets its power from the Eversolo.

However, I have a CD ROM with its own power supply. Mine's 10 years old by ASUS CD/bluray writer/reader that looks like this (you can see it sitting on top of my Eversolo in my youtube video):

https://www.newegg.com/p/1FV-000B-0...3-07M3Vj2n49crwhgSer5dqMbBGAuuAZR2LbUFu6Jc9-I

13. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Have you already changed the stock power cord against a supra cable power cord? Supra cable powercord costs about 100 euros. After that change your a6 will have improvement once again and is than equivalent to a $2,9K Euro Streamer.
    This is more than 100% return. Didn`t Hans Beekhuyzen tell you that cheap trick?

And when you want to reach the absolute top level of sound take this when logical thinking doesn`t matter: https://das.raumtuning.info/en/

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  14. SausageDog

SausageDog Member

Was there a specific, maybe technical, reason given for this recommendation?

I keep a "laptop class" LENOVO GP70N (if I recall correctly it's one of those recommended by Eversolo) permanently connected without any apparent issue or negative effect to the A6 operations or sound. In fact, after the initial boot of the main unit and relevant reading check it stays totally inactive with, I assume, minimum if not actually zero power draw.

15. FunnyChap

FunnyChap Member

You are theorizing which is like the kids who make car comments from their knowledge gained from reading instead of a hands-on test driving experience.

Hans did not do that test with the eversolo and that cord, he’s a hands on guy using his ears to decide.

If you are just here to pollute and be cynical then please leave , so that the rest of us can find support information here.

Stix17, JamOne and Fergus like this.
  16. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

The Beatechnik LHY Audio Web page for this power supply says that if you intend to use more than one external drive for a HDD or SSD drive, then these items should be powered independent of the A6 to avoid excessive current draw. Note that USB optical drives are not specifically mentioned and that the issue is multiple drives being used simultaneously. So a single optical drive connected permanently but inactive most of the time will not be a problem.

SausageDog and FunnyChap like this.
  17. SausageDog

SausageDog Member

Alright, that's a very reasonable explanation, thanks for the clarification.

FunnyChap likes this.
  18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I think this kind of information should be handled with extreme care; this is not for everybody. Bio-engineered wi-fi routers is the way to go, definitely.
    /s

Mister L likes this.
  19. JamOne

JamOne Active Member

I am afraid you are crying to the moon. Washing the donkey's head wastes water and soap

Stix17 and FunnyChap like this.
  20. hjf

hjf New Member

No , I've just send an email and ask them wether I can use my internal 4TB NVME and my USB-CD-Rom with this PS . The answer was that I should disconnect the CD-Rom if I do not use it .