New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG...

2. kc001

kc001 Active Member

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The A8 has it all as far as I can judge.

4. Rex

Rex Member

I winced when he flipped the case over and plunked it down on the wood desk. I guess he wasn't too concerned about marring the flat black finish lol.

Peter Wallop and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  5. Dusty

Dusty Member

I just installed the linear power supply. There are obvious improvements right out the gate: larger stage in all cardinal directions, better imaging, more defined bass and better dynamics. Of course, all of this in a highly resolving system ($80k). I do not know if an entry level system with potential bottlenecks will allow the changes to be heard. Please don’t be fooled by the people that say it’s useless to install one. If you know your system is resolving then get the power supply.

LE: I use it as a streamer, no dac use whatsoever. I also use it with an internal ssd.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  6. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

OMG. Another one that improves the PSU of a plain streamer, and claims an external, unrelated DAC sound better.

mags likes this.
  7. Dusty

Dusty Member

What are you talking about? I don’t understand if it’s sarcasm or something else. Either way I do not care. You do you.

FunnyChap and atomic garden like this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What I have said: you have changed the PSU of the streamer, as you do not use the A6's DAC: from an analog sound generation perspective, nothing has changed - the streamer only gives your external DAC the same data to reconstruct the music as before, does not add, neither remove, analog noise to the digital domain, because the two domains are not intertwined in any way: DATA - either you get it right, or you get it corrupted and it does not play, hence you try to request it again (but this is extremely rare anyway).
    You do you, of course, everybody is free to believe in something, but from somebody with an 80k system I would have expected a more technically experienced kind of person. You surely have cable-lifters and power-conditioners, don't you?

9. Dusty

Dusty Member

Listen, I know what I’m talking about. I do not know you or your experience but I know mine and I trust my ears. And I do not care to explain here how wrong you are about your statements. I gave an advice for whoever has eyes to read. Just ignore me if you don’t like my subjective evaluation of the power supply.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Well, so you are telling me that by memory you can remember how the "streamer" sounded before, and how it sounds now, despite nothing in the audio chain has changed, and at least half an hour has passed between the two listening experiences? It's called BIAS. But anyway, I cannot dispute what you hear, of course, and have to trust you.

mags likes this.
  11. eaziduuzit

eaziduuzit New Member

Since A6 CPU and heatsink are hardware, I'm not sure where you think the noise is being generated? I think the lowering of the noise floor everyone is referring to is electrical?

12. Rex

Rex Member

I went ahead and ordered one. It arrives next week. It's going into a Master Edition.

13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I just hope that since you own a Master Edition, at least you are using its DAC...

fofocho likes this.
  14. Rex

Rex Member

I suppose I am. I'm streaming HD Amazon Music through the A6 and it's hooked directly to my amp.

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Then yes, you are. It would be stoopid to deliberately buy a ME just to bypass its DAC.

Rex likes this.
  16. fofocho

fofocho Active Member

17. BarHan

BarHan New Member

18. Dusty

Dusty Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  19. Inti

Inti Active Member

Second that

FunnyChap likes this.
  20. BarHan

BarHan New Member

Between my ears is my brain.
    What you do, want, think, should, etc hear.