New Linear Power supply upgrade for DMP A-6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by audio58, Oct 6, 2023.

1. audio58

audio58 Active Member

Yes, whoever gets one of these power supplies, see if you can actually hear the difference. I use mine only as a streamer and no SSD installed.

CBM, enisio and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  2. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

I've just heard that the first batch of the new power supplies is ready, and they're being posted out.
    [​IMG]

There will be a second batch ready soon.

Looks like the new LPSU will be here before the new firmware :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Digital Dog

Digital Dog New Member

If I had a master edition and I was unable to sleep at night due to my paranoia - or that tiny little bit of measurable noise was in fact audible and indeed ringing loud in my ears, then sure, I would order one of these in a heartbeat.
    I mean no disrespect to anyone who will - it’s your money and your free choice! Perhaps I am just a simple luddite. With cloth ears. A real pleb.
    But I do need to ask, if the master edition so badly needs an improved power supply, was master edition not a bit of a misnomer? Perhaps we will see a remaster?
    What I think I will most likely do is use that same amount of money for further 2 years subscription to a hires music streaming service, and just use my cheapo standard edition as intended. Which I am very happy with, as it does it all the things I bought it for, actually quite well.
    ;)

CBM, Topdude, Mikeees and 5 others like this.
  4. kc001

kc001 Active Member

lol :)

Digital Dog likes this.
  5. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

I want a limited edition remaster - but it must have gold detailing to enhance dignity:)

Topdude and Digital Dog like this.
  6. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

The tacky gold detailing is the main thing that put me off the Master Edition!

7. Inti

Inti Active Member

How can so small a thing put you off?

8. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Easy

CBM and BarHan like this.
  9. Inti

Inti Active Member

Ok

10. BarHan

BarHan New Member

All my audio is black with few (small) grey text. Thinking of trying a (non permanent) black marker or some sort of black sticker. Btw, don't buy a FiiO K7 or never switch it on...

11. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

I've often been intrigued as to the role aesthetics play in the performance of audio equipment. However, having said that one of my audio enthusiast friends said he wouldn't buy any gear unless it was available in black. Strangely his favourite DAC is a CEC DX71 Mk2 which AFAIK is only available in a champagne silver coloured facade. :p

Digital Dog likes this.
  12. Digital Dog

Digital Dog New Member

I actually quite like those champagne effect finishes. I think they look quite classy. Only issue I have is that they are more difficult to fit into an overall aesthetic. Hence black is always my purchase. Aesthetics do play a large part (in my extremely humble opinion) in how your equipment sounds. Or rather, your perception of it. I honestly do believe that. It’s purely a sensory/perception thing I think. My car always drives better when it is clean and tidy for that matter.
    And for sure everything does sound better once I have taken my placebo pill.
    :)

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  13. David1970

David1970 New Member

Internals of the Teddy Pardo supply, if interested.

Attached Files:

Asax and atomic garden like this.
  14. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

That's your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I really don't like the looks of the MA, and I'm entitled to that opinion.

15. Peter Wallop

Yeah, tell that to my wife:(.

Topdude likes this.
  16. AndyLu

AndyLu Member

Here is a youtube video where it is tested. Of course the video is subjective, but the result seems to be minimal. Tiny difference when used with internal DAC (and he is not even sure). No audible difference when used with an external DAC.

Stopeter44, Topdude and Peter Wallop like this.
  17. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

18. Jjb067

Jjb067 Active Member

I installed the LPS-A6 from LHY Audio / Beatechnik into my standard DMP-A6 a few days ago. Installation was easy, lots of info available via YouTube etc. I almost always use the A6 with an external DAC, a Denafrips Pontus II 12ed, so was not convinced there would be much of a difference in streamer only mode. Overall the difference is indeed quite small, slightly more body to the sound is what I hear. If one had two A6 one modified one original side by side, then one could test this issue properly, but all I can do is rely on audio memory. Maybe there would be more difference when using the internal DAC, I will leave that comparison to others who normally use the A6 in this fashion.

FunnyChap and Peter Wallop like this.
  19. Peter Wallop

Oh, well. :( I’m USB Out, so not really worth it. Nevermind, I guess my wife will need to get me that pair of Kef Blades for Christmas instead.:)

Topdude and Alan Rutlidge like this.
  20. Stuj

Stuj Member

Let’s see what improvement those who tinker can come up with for the A8…. It’s only a matter of time …..

Peter Wallop likes this.